closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Blog Entries
    Chelsea supporter here and very happy with the MC - LFC game a super watch and for us a super result also agree Milner should have gone for that tackle the Ref as you would expect at Anfield definitely bottled it though watching Peps reaction was funny
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Foden terrorised Milner. He’s been fantastic for Liverpool but she gets us all and he now looks like he’s slowed down dramatically and for me should be league cup or in for injuries.
    Definitely should have been a 2nd yellow, but really? That’s some deterioration you’ve spotted in Milner. Just how much do you think age has caught up with him in the last couple of weeks?

Master
    Stats mean nothing h, you can make them to suit any agenda.

He’s getting caught out now in terms of reacting and in his position.

As I say he’s been fantastic for us but hes being used as backup and in the cups for a reason.

Good news finally for Newcastle who have been given the green light to sell the club to a Saudi consortium.
    Seems the Premier League backed down over a ‘resolved piracy row ‘ meaning the long drawn out court case won’t happen .
    I hope they get to spend as much as they want to challenge at the top .

Until it happens I won't hold my breath.

Hopefully it will but even then as far as I understand it they won't be spending drastically but anything has to better than what we have right now.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Excellent... another club backed by an abhorrent state with more money than god.

Everything that's great about the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Excellent... another club backed by an abhorrent state with more money than god.

Everything that's great about the Premier League.
    No, I don’t think this lot are Americans .

Make no mistake, it's all about sports-washing for them just as it is for the Qataris and Abu Dhabis. Having paid-off BeIn Sports @ £700m, then £350m for the club, £500m on the squad and manager and another billion on the ground and infrastructure they're clearly not in it to make money.

What they will want though is success for their investment. They'll be setting objectives such as EPL and ECL winners for sure.

As a life-long and thoroughly disillusioned Newcastle fan, I'll be delighted if this takeover happens. People will undoubtedly liken it to the Man City situation but that's not what it's about for me. We want to be competitive. We want to be entertained. If we achieve a quarter of what City have achieved you'll have a very happy and grateful city. I'm 49 years old and our last trophy was 17 years before I was born.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Until it happens I won't hold my breath.

Hopefully it will but even then as far as I understand it they won't be spending drastically but anything has to better than what we have right now.

A refreshing attitude from a genuine football fan. Competition is king....otherwise it's the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Good news finally for Newcastle who have been given the green light to sell the club to a Saudi consortium.
    Seems the Premier League backed down over a ‘resolved piracy row ‘ meaning the long drawn out court case won’t happen .
    I hope they get to spend as much as they want to challenge at the top .

Master
    A genuine question, how can the consortium PIF, headed by a man almost certainly gulity of ordering the murder of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi be seen as being ‘fit and proper’?

I’m not sure there’s a simple answer .
    You’d need to ask the whiter than white PL and find out the criteria . I’d be surprised if there’s a single club in the league that doesn’t have shady dealings in the background.

The Fit & Proper Person Test does not have a criteria on human rights. And I agree, how many of the companies we all deal with day-to-day have very unsavoury characters in their midst? I'd say quite a few.

You’d need to ask the whiter than white PL and find out the criteria . I’d be surprised if there’s a single club in the league that doesn’t have shady dealings in the background.

Master
    I would probably agree that the majority of them are self-serving, unsavoury characters at least, but none have a murder pinned to them.

- - - Updated - - -

I would probably agree that the majority of them are self-serving, unsavoury characters at least, but none have a murder pinned to them.

No, I don’t think this lot are Americans .
    Lol.

How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    How do you know?
    We would have heard about it.

Master
    How do you know?
    Eh? Is this a serious question? Just because we don’t know doesn’t mean they’re not all murderers?

To be honest I've never heard of the Jamal Khashoggi case until I saw it on this thread. I've done some reading on it now and am obviously utterly shocked. The killing was horrific and clearly premeditated and expertly planned. As I understand it, no evidence exists to prove the order was given by Salman or that he knew it was happening. Nonetheless, it's his leadership, his security force and it's happened on his watch.

Horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    We would have heard about it.

At least West Ham United's British owners only have a few dirty pictures in their cupboard .

Seems to me that some football fans would let anyone from any awful despotic state buy their football club if there is a few bob in it.

Personally I'd rather be relegated.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Of course you would Neil .
    Yet , plastered on the front of your shirt is a betting company . How many people in this country would you estimate commit suicide each year due to gambling debts ?
    I’m not defending City’s or anyone else’s owners but it wouldn’t take much to find skeletons in most football teams closets . Plus , for the nteenth time , City are not state backed .

Of course you would Neil .
    Yet , plastered on the front of your shirt is a betting company . How many people in this country would you estimate commit suicide each year due to gambling debts ?
    I’m not defending City’s or anyone else’s owners but it wouldn’t take much to find skeletons in most football teams closets . Plus , for the nteenth time , City are not state backed .
    I don't like betting company or in fact any shirt sponsorship however betting is a personal thing, not a despotic regime.

I watch The Big Match Revisited on the ITV hub and it is so refreshing watching 1st division teams (no premiership) playing good football with no shirt sponsorship or names on their shirts.

Enjoyed a great game from your lot featuring Dennis Tueart, Colin Bell etc., great players.

Football was purer in those days.

And talking of relegation, West Ham, Man City and indeed Chelsea, used to yo yo between the 1st and 2nd divisions and in the 70's shows I am watching Spurs are going down. Wouldn't happen nowadays.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    It’s good for football if the take over happens, everyone ends up benefitting.

Newcastle will sign high value players and the seller clubs receive a nice cash injection and go out and buy a couple on the back of the fee. The money enters the merry go round.

Master
    With no qualms at all about the owner almost certainly being responsible for the murder of a journalist?

Careful, this is a public forum. with statements like "almost certainly being responsible for the murder of a journalist" you might find yourself sleeping with the fishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    With no qualms at all about the owner almost certainly being responsible for the murder of a journalist?

Master
    Careful, this is a public forum. with statements like "almost certainly being responsible for the murder of a journalist" you might find yourself sleeping with the fishes.
    “But would be a welcome boost to football’s coffers”

That should cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I don't like betting company or in fact any shirt sponsorship however betting is a personal thing, not a despotic regime.

I watch The Big Match Revisited on the ITV hub and it is so refreshing watching 1st division teams (no premiership) playing good football with no shirt sponsorship or names on their shirts.

Enjoyed a great game from your lot featuring Dennis Tueart, Colin Bell etc., great players.

Football was purer in those days.

And talking of relegation, West Ham, Man City and indeed Chelsea, used to yo yo between the 1st and 2nd divisions and in the 70's shows I am watching Spurs are going down. Wouldn't happen nowadays.
    I’m probably from a similar era to you . I too , love to watch the games from the 70s and 80s for nostalgic reasons but , let’s be honest here, the game was light years away from what it is today . You’d have looked forward to a trip to Maine Rd as much as I would Upton Park . Wandering around hoping not to bump into the ICF or Kool Kats or some suchlike gang whereas now it’s a much friendlier occasion.
    Anyway , again I digress . My point is that there’s very little evidence that one clubs supporters can claim the moral high ground when it comes to other teams .
    There’s a Newcastle fan on some YouTube fan show ( I’m sure one of our local Geordies can help out here) who has been one of City’s most scathing critics. Always pontificating about sports washing , state backed , oil money rubbish , all of which had very little substance . I’d love to know his stance now .
    There isn’t a club in the league that wouldn’t love to be in Newcastles shoes today .

Craftsman
    I’m probably from a similar era to you . I too , love to watch the games from the 70s and 80s for nostalgic reasons but , let’s be honest here, the game was light years away from what it is today . You’d have looked forward to a trip to Maine Rd as much as I would Upton Park . Wandering around hoping not to bump into the ICF or Kool Kats or some suchlike gang whereas now it’s a much friendlier occasion.
    Anyway , again I digress . My point is that there’s very little evidence that one clubs supporters can claim the moral high ground when it comes to other teams .
    There’s a Newcastle fan on some YouTube fan show ( I’m sure one of our local Geordies can help out here) who has been one of City’s most scathing critics. Always pontificating about sports washing , state backed , oil money rubbish , all of which had very little substance . I’d love to know his stance now .
    There isn’t a club in the league that wouldn’t love to be in Newcastles shoes today .
    Ah kool kats, remember them well. An unpleasant area to mistakenly venture into, choices, would take my chances with the ICF back in the day :)

The deal has now been confirmed and Newcastle United have been sold to PIF.
    The Premier league have confirmed the deal.

Well let's see what happens in January I guess.
    Nothing can be done in the market until then.

Last edited by sickie; 7th October 2021 at 19:14.

The deal has now been confirmed and Newcastle United have been sold to PIF.
    The Premier league have confirmed the deal.

Well let's see what happens in January I guess.
    Nothing can be done in the market until then.

No brainer. Sleeping giant with a fanatical support base - with the correct focus and investment the club is built for the big time

Honestly I think January will be a spend fest to try and keep us in the Premier league but next season will be where money is spent wisley. Either to get us back into the Premier league or kick on from surviving relegation because as we currently stand it's still going to be a struggle this season.

First thing should be to sack the manager .
    Get in a big name to shake the foundations . Even somebody like Conte or Ragnarik (sp?)would be a big statement .
    If Bruce is given a chance , Newcastle will be near the bottom come January and would struggle to sell the dream to prospective targets .
    Plus, he’d probably just go out and blow a load of money on Uniteds cast offs and flops like Lingard , Jones , Pogba and Sancho ;)

I think we'll get the gist of where things are going to go from who they appoint as the next manager. I certainly don't see Bruce staying any further than January.

Master
    Trying to think who's a likely candidate for the next Newcastle manager - I'm assuming Steve Bruce isn't long in that job now.

Replace Bruce with Conte quickly. Eddie Howe's the favourite - no thanks.

In January sign:
    Kane
    Toney
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Chiesa
    2 x Centre backs - ideally Bonucci and Chielini ;)
    1 x Holding midfielder

Give new contracts to:
    Wilson
    ASM
    Almiron

Honestly I think January will be a spend fest to try and keep us in the Premier league but next season will be where money is spent wisley. Either to get us back into the Premier league or kick on from surviving relegation because as we currently stand it's still going to be a struggle this season.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Trying to think who's a likely candidate for the next Newcastle manager - I'm assuming Steve Bruce isn't long in that job now.
    Steve Bruce should have gone home MANY YEARS ago. He is SH1TE

Blog Entries
    Big Sams coming home

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    No brainer. Sleeping giant with a fanatical support base - with the correct focus and investment the club is built for the big time
    Changing your support again and becoming a Newcastle fan Ryan ?

Can we refer to them as camel punchers yet ?

Master
    Let just hope they don’t do a City and cheat FFP by sponsoring their own ground etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Let just hope they don’t do a City and cheat FFP by sponsoring their own ground etc.
    Or cheat FFP by pretending to build a stadium in Stanley Park . Or fail FFP and only avoid sanctions by being so crap , they don’t qualify for Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Steve Bruce should have gone home MANY YEARS ago. He is SH1TE
    Steve Bruce - the nation's favourite dinner lady.

Master
    Or cheat FFP by pretending to build a stadium in Stanley Park . Or fail FFP and only avoid sanctions by being so crap , they don’t qualify for Europe.
    Too easy goat, kippers for breakfast

Yep, you sure showed me .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Steve Bruce - the nation's favourite dinner lady.
    Side of cheesy chips

https://youtu.be/r4Bv2fAtzg4

Master
    Why can't these twats stick to horse racing and human right's abuse for their kicks.
    Absolute joke.
    Abramovich now looks like a proper old school owner amongst the Sheiks.

Master
    I'm happy for the fans and I'm happy for the city as a whole as it'll bring massive investment.

I'm also happy as a Man U fan that the Saudis will no longer be mentioned when talking about who after the Glazers.

As for the rest of it, best left to The Bear Pit...

I think it’s hugely unfair to direct criticism at sport fans when their only aim is to enjoy the sport(s) they love. Maybe it’ll be different when the Queen and Downing Street take a stand and stop cozying up to the Saudis or the BBC and all other major outlets stop covering sport in the kingdom and indeed the Premier League no longer take millions from BeIn Sports. But until then, let’s allow sport to be sport.

I think it’s hugely unfair to direct criticism at sport fans when their only aim is to enjoy the sport(s) they love. Maybe it’ll be different when the Queen and Downing Street take a stand and stop cozying up to the Saudis or the BBC and all other major outlets stop covering sport in the kingdom and indeed the Premier League no longer take millions from BeIn Sports. But until then, let’s allow sport to be sport.

Allow sport to be sport by giving another team the cheat code?

The sports dead, long live the deepest wallet contest.

Although their biggest task will be making Newcastle attractive as a city, I suspect many players will prefer to live near London or Cheshire.

Nice dig at the North East. Ever been? Whilst I agree the attraction of the capital is huge, especially for young lads with loads of cash, I don’t see how the North West is very much more attractive than Northumberland for example. Some amazing locations and property here.

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Allow sport to be sport by giving another team the cheat code?

The sports dead, long live the deepest wallet contest.

Although their biggest task will be making Newcastle attractive as a city, I suspect many players will prefer to live near London or Cheshire.

Blog Entries