closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bank safe deposit box not insured.

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    Spot on, a watch to me is something to be worn and enjoyed, heck that's the whole point of buying it surely?. I do appreciate though to some they are an item of wealth/status and needs to be locked away rather than worn as they are meant to be, it would not pay for us all to be the same I guess.

What an idiotic statement. This discussion is nothing to with ones reason to buy watches and your snide comment just serves to derail what was previously a good thread.

The simple fact is that once your collection is worth more than £100k and/or has individual watches worth more than £30k, insurance at home is all but impossible in the UK. My premium would be £6k to £10k per year depending on cover. Why would I pay that? I suppose you would just sling them in the sock drawer (which would invalidate all of your house contents insurance btw).

We are not talking about locking watches away, not to be worn. We are talking about the safest convenient location to keep them safe when in rotation. Or are you suggesting we should wear them all at once?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    What an idiotic statement. This discussion is nothing to with ones reason to buy watches and your snide comment just serves to derail what was previously a good thread.

The simple fact is that once your collection is worth more than £100k and/or has individual watches worth more than £30k, insurance at home is all but impossible in the UK. My premium would be £6k to £10k per year depending on cover. Why would I pay that? I suppose you would just sling them in the sock drawer (which would invalidate all of your house contents insurance btw).

We are not talking about locking watches away, not to be worn. We are talking about the safest convenient location to keep them safe when in rotation. Or are you suggesting we should wear them all at once?
    Couldn't you just put them in your panic room?

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post

Did I ask your opinion?