closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Satisfactory dressy watch, a struggle

Hybrid View

I chose a 16570 over an 14270 some years back and never regretted it. Still have it. I’m suppose I’m aiming at a modern contemporary non sports watch on leather. As I hinted, now giving thought to a Dornblueth (far from a dress watch!), but might just settle where I am.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went through a similar of elimination process recently. Skirted round; JLC, Habring, Grand Seiko, Dornbluth, Rolex Cellini. My first conclusion was that an occasionally worn dress mechanical has to be a no date hand winder. That decision knocked out a lot of otherwise strong candidates.

Ended up with a shortlist of

• Omega Tresor handwind; ticked every box for me but just too big.
    • Tutima Patria, stunning front on but the same slab sided case problem that always does Dornbluth in for me. Ended up with the
    • Nomos Orion 35mm

It is small in the context of every other watch I own but works perfectly as a dressed up white dial watch. The key advantages of this one for me, over other Nomos hand winders, is that the designer had the Peseux 7001/Nomos Alpha to hand when the dimensions of the watch were set out. So the sub-dial sits perfectly and the case wraps perfectly around it.

And what a case it is; no straight lines, no excess weight, no embellishment at all other that the whole design being a jewel in itself.

Best of all my the best choice was the cheapest option by a margin. Often that is a big hurdle to jump, but it does add an extra dimension of happiness.

PS: I have a Rolex Explorer. It would work work very as a one watch collection but it isn't a dress watch. I was away this weekend and was happy to take nothing but the Nomos
    Last edited by raysablade; 27th July 2021 at 14:15.