closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 76 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,800 of 6913

Thread: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Not sure mate as if it is regulated it loses much of its purpose. It just becomes another currency (like many others) except this one is harder to buy stuff with.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    This particular regulation would just make it subject to basic anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing legislation. If that is a negative, it says everything about BTC that I ever needed to know.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

I sense a BTC pump coming, good buying this morning. A bit surprised this held again at $29k, but can see it going to 35k now.

Closing my futures short, but keeping the MSTR puts.

Yep we bought yesterday and Monday to the moon!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Yep we bought yesterday and Monday to the moon!

Good luck with that.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Read this article over breakfast, seems the wise money is moving out.

https://coingeek.com/coinbase-listin...exit-strategy/

When this all blows up it’s going to be the biggest scandal of all time.

Master
    Michael Lewis will make some money from it...his book will be on my Xmas list.

Master
    Blog Entries
    From the article

The CEO, Brian Armstrong, sold $291 million worth of shares on opening day, 1.5% of his holdings.
    Co-founder and board member Fred Ehrsam sold $112 million worth of shares.
    Board member Katie Haun sold 150,000 shares ($53 million).
    Union Square Ventures sold $1.8 billion, reducing its holdings to zero.
    Andressen Horowitz sold 294,775 shares at $381 per share ($112 million) reducing its holding to 103,075 shares after previously being a 10% owner.
    CFO Alesia Haas reduced holding to zero, selling some $99 million worth of stock.
    Chief Accounting Officer Jennifer Jones sold 110,000 shares for $43 million, reducing her holding to 18,483.
    President and COO Emilie Choi sold 602,158 shares for $220 million, reducing holding to 74,155 shares.
    Chief Product Officer Surojit Chatterjee sold 160,000 for $62 million, reducing his holding to 5.344.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Michael Lewis will make some money from it...his book will be on my Xmas list.
    Personally, I'm looking forward to Nathaniel Popper's promised forthcoming tome on the GameStop saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Read this article over breakfast, seems the wise money is moving out.

https://coingeek.com/coinbase-listin...exit-strategy/

When this all blows up it’s going to be the biggest scandal of all time.
    This is good news, things need to be ironed out. The authorities have been too slow

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is good news, things need to be ironed out. The authorities have been too slow

Really? The authorities have been slow but if they straighten things out I can’t see it being good news. Seems like a massive fraud is in progress so I can only see bad news …

Really? The authorities have been slow but if they straighten things out I can’t see it being good news. Seems like a massive fraud is in progress so I can only see bad news …
    Yes but the piece confuses exchanges going down with Crypto going down.

The people involved may be shady, and Coinbase defo being naughty , their exchange may go bust, but there are many exchanges and frankly i couldn't care less about the finances of the exchange itself, when my coins are in my hardware wallet I'm ok.

Will exchanges disappear yes, does that mean Crypto is doomed ?

It's good news that finally these shady characters are being looked at and hopefully dealt with as the charlatans they undoubtedly are.

I think there is a smidge of hyperbole in that article , who knows

Yes but the piece confuses exchanges going down with Crypto going down.

The people involved may be shady, and Coinbase defo being naughty , their exchange may go bust, but there are many exchanges and frankly i couldn't care less about the finances of the exchange itself, when my coins are in my hardware wallet I'm ok.

Will exchanges disappear yes, does that mean Crypto is doomed ?

It's good news that finally these shady characters are being looked at and hopefully dealt with as the charlatans they undoubtedly are.

I think there is a smidge of hyperbole in that article , who knows

I would imagine if Coinbase goes pop with a scandal, it will affect the whole crypto reputation, the 'man in the street' who won't get the distinction between the two will be put off the concept .
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I would imagine if Coinbase goes pop with a scandal, it will affect the whole crypto reputation, the 'man in the street' who won't get the distinction between the two will be put off the concept .
    Considering Coinbase is widely seen as the least toxic of the exchanges, I cannot see how that could be avoided.

The long term future for Crypto isn't necessarily linked to the success or not of some dodgy carrying ons by some exchanges though , is my point . A rocky road yes, a reason for caution certainly ( and buy a ledger )

But all that doom and gloom? I bet that article will be long forgotten when BTC is over 40k in 6 months*

*Possibly

The long term future for Crypto isn't necessarily linked to the success or not of some dodgy carrying ons by some exchanges though , is my point . A rocky road yes, a reason for caution certainly ( and buy a ledger )

But all that doom and gloom? I bet that article will be long forgotten when BTC is over 40k in 6 months*

*Possibly

But how will your favourite crypto appreciate if there are no exchanges where you can trade them?

If Coinbase goes, there is nothing left. I am fully aware you can privately negotiate a transaction, but that is not how mass adoption works.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    But how will your favourite crypto appreciate if there are no exchanges where you can trade them?

If Coinbase goes, there is nothing left. I am fully aware you can privately negotiate a transaction, but that is not how mass adoption works.
    I am an optimist at heart, and don't believe a few exchanges going and bad egg flushing will fundamentally change the future of Crypto, instead it's an and down couple of years at worst

Steam rollers over Chinese rigs, worldwide clampdown, legislators getting edgy, pump and dumpers keep lining their pockets loads to be edgy about

But I'll put my optimism where my mouth is and say BTC at 40k USD by 31/1 for the Fundy ( I'm 2 nil down on Fundy bets )

*Possibly

Surely you should also take into account that if the price jumps for BTC are
    linked to Tether flooding the market with no real backing then if it collapses then the prices could collapse as well.

At that point i would expect a rush to get out back to something with real worth.
    Likewise as the regulation comes in and crytpo starts to operate more like a standard market - then I would expect the volatility in the prices to subside. Maybe then the gambling speculation (and get rich quick) mentality which has fed the market will fizzle out.

I guess we will see… (I could of course be totally wrong 😂)

Cheers

matt

I hope so, it has to for the future of crypto , yes it could turn to shit for a bit but it will still exist.

I am an optimist at heart, and don't believe a few exchanges going and bad egg flushing will fundamentally change the future of Crypto, instead it's an and down couple of years at worst

Steam rollers over Chinese rigs, worldwide clampdown, legislators getting edgy, pump and dumpers keep lining their pockets loads to be edgy about

But I'll put my optimism where my mouth is and say BTC at 40k USD by 31/1 for the Fundy ( I'm 2 nil down on Fundy bets )

Noted, I have a bet expiring on the same day ($50k with Demonloop), so will add it to my reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    One could argue that Bitcoin has already survived a full blown dress rehearsal - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox

Our hash rate just went to 218MH/s, lots of lovely buyers out there paying our fees but making the cards work a it harder

Master
    Blog Entries

But the point is that the exchanges have been using their own invented magic beans that are meant to be backed by USD but appear not to be to buy cryptos to keep the whole system pumping ... when there are no magic beans left to keep pumping prices where does that leave the various coins?

The more I look at it the more it looks like a huge house of cards that is about to collapse ... those CoinBase insiders who have all sold up must tell us something about the future.

'meant to be backed by the USD'

Exactly , it isn't is it

Those Coinbase insiders could just be pure profiteers and be telling you nothing of any worth

But the point is that the exchanges have been using their own invented magic beans that are meant to be backed by USD but appear not to be to buy cryptos to keep the whole system pumping ... when there are no magic beans left to keep pumping prices where does that leave the various coins?

The more I look at it the more it looks like a huge house of cards that is about to collapse ... those CoinBase insiders who have all sold up must tell us something about the future.
    stable coins crashing and burning could well see BTC rise as yet again or proves to be the safer option, hence my Fundy bet

This is happened before, why freak out now?

Master
    Blog Entries
    stable coins crashing and burning could well see BTC rise as yet again or proves to be the safer option, hence my Fundy bet

This is happened before, why freak out now?

I'm not "freaking out" I am watching this train wreck from the side lines ... the whole gig just seems incredible to me ... you seem to be missing the point that the various stable coins are what has/is settling the price of BTC ... where would it be without that ??

Sorry didn't mean you, I meant the market

Stable coins and exchanges are one thing, BTC is another

Master
    Blog Entries

Stable coins and exchanges are one thing, BTC is another
    Well that is one view but seems to me the exchanges are major players in the BTC space and they have been using their stable coins to make those plays ... they don't seem separate to me ... did you read the article linked above?

Yes I did, and I'm not qualified to appraise it professionally, very much an amateur with faith in the long term future of crypto. Traders gonna trade and people gonna get burned and sh1t will go down etc etc

But bitcoin and the future of crypto won't go down because of it

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes I did, and I'm not qualified to appraise it professionally, very much an amateur with faith in the long term future of crypto. Traders gonna trade and people gonna get burned and sh1t will go down etc etc

But bitcoin and the future of crypto won't go down because of it

Maybe you are right .... time will tell.

For sure crypto will have a role in the future of finance but I'm not sure if we can see any of it yet ... at the moment it just seems like the wild west ... somewhere in the melee is a jewel ...

Just to clarify can I check whether that is BTC > $40k USD at midnight 31/1 or will any time previous, regardless of the price at midnight 31/1, give you the win?

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Just to clarify can I check whether that is BTC > $40k USD at midnight 31/1 or will any time previous, regardless of the price at midnight 31/1, give you the win?
    Has to be at 40k USD at midnight, it's for charity so need to make it hard for myself

...it's for charity so need to make it hard for myself
    In which case I'm sure you'll understand if I don't wish you luck with the wager. I will however offer my best wishes for the success of your mining venture and the hope that it makes more than enough to cover any possible payments into the fundraiser.

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    In which case I'm sure you'll understand if I don't wish you luck with the wager. I will however offer my best wishes for the success of your mining venture and the hope that it makes more than enough to cover any possible payments into the fundraiser.

I'm investing in the Graph

They basically do queries on the blockchains and present them in graphical form. Doing that is highly technical. End users are often not capable of doing queries, even with old SQL databases etc. They will be able to give real time dashboards for what a company or the government is doing. You bet on the different teams that are competing to give the most accurate information.

Imagine getting real time data in the future on company profit or Gov spends

Digital currency for the MAGA community :)

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ple-to-sign-up

Anyone here use a Ledger Nano X using phone only?

I'm investing in the Graph

They basically do queries on the blockchains and present them in graphical form. Doing that is highly technical. End users are often not capable of doing queries, even with old SQL databases etc. They will be able to give real time dashboards for what a company or the government is doing. You bet on the different teams that are competing to give the most accurate information.

Imagine getting real time data in the future on company profit or Gov spends

How will it work, that stuff isn’t on the blockchain?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    How will it work, that stuff isn’t on the blockchain?
    Don't know, I'm still researching their project

Bitcoin

Don't know, I'm still researching their project

Well, I suggest it won’t.

Well, I suggest it won’t.
    Maybe it will eventually

Master
    Unless you part of the project, invest in projects at your peril

It's great to get in early, but lots of shill projects always doing the rounds

Bitcoin

Maybe it will eventually

Sure it will. Just imagine something happening and it might make it come true

Sure it will. Just imagine something happening and it might come true….
    There are worse reasons to invest lol

JP Morgan have approved Crypto funds for it's clients

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilyma...o-all-clients/

And more will follow , slowly, probably dipping into BTC

Jamie Dimon, such a slimeball.
    Last edited by Passenger; 23rd July 2021 at 10:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    JP Morgan have approved Crypto funds for it's clients

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilyma...o-all-clients/
    That is only Wealth Management, their Private Banking business (clients > $10 Mio).

Binance told the Financial Times it has “not seen a slowdown in institutional activity. On the contrary, we have seen continued interest in our institutional offering from not only crypto native firms, but also traditional finance institutions that have entered the crypto space”.

LOLZ.

https://archive.ph/UHnV3

Meanwhile , hello bad boy, mine me some gold, dry ya eyes gamers