closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you'll never understand

People in supermarkets on their phones and not emptying their trolleys on an empty conveyor belt, while you are trying to get a move on. Nearly had a fight with one guy! 😠

Signs on shop doors which clearly say "masks must be worn", I'm beginning to believe that many people can't actually bloody read.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Living semi - rural we have an added phenomenon when it comes to shopping

small Petrol stations which are also mini-markets ...which is fine

Until somebody fills up with fuel leaving car on the pump you are waiting for then goes inside and does a weekly shop for 15 minutes...arrghhhhh...

note : parking is available away from pumps ....

Craftsman

Things you'll never understand

People who drive right up to a roundabout or junction then stop, look, then go when you could see it was completely clear from miles back and there were no other cars anywhere near!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who drive 38 in a 40 then drop down to just under 35 when there's a camera. Absolute cretins.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Can you add not touching everything in the shop, not picking their nose then touching everything in the shop, not slouching along the shelves as they move from aisle to aisle touching everything in the shop.

Thanks.
    I have thus far been able to teach them to pick their noses first and ears second. Might have been the taste of earwax that taught them instead of me to be honest. I’ll try to add your concerns on the long list. I’m sure I’ll get there eventually.

I find it’s not unusual to bump into ill behaving little people when out and about, but mostly they seem to be adults, not children. Let’s add hostile attitude towards children on the list of things I’ll never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I have thus far been able to teach them to pick their noses first and ears second.
    What's third?
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    What's third?
    You tell me. What are the additional body crevices that require picking? Please enlighten me. I’d be happy to add to my list of things to teach my children.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    People who throw litter, whether this is in McDonald's car park or the beach or anywhere else.

In the case of McDonald's, there are bins at various points. It is mind boggling to see bags, wrappers etc casually dropped from an open window.

Visiting Weston Super Mare recently, it was annoying to see plastic water bottles, a beer can or two and discarded masks.

We as a family take our rubbish home if a bin cannot be located readily. It's not that difficult.
    I do think it should be possible in this day and age with modern tech. to link the packaging to the customer so they can be fined if it is found as litter in the street etc. Perhaps if paying by mobile the vendor prints an indelible link on the cup or packet at the point of sale so it can be traced back some devious way? Just a thought anyway

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

[QUOTE=Possu;5779490
    I find it’s not unusual to bump into ill behaving little people when out and about, but mostly they seem to be adults, not children. Let’s add hostile attitude towards children on the list of things I’ll never understand.[/QUOTE]

I’m not hostile towards children, just parents who can’t manage to get their children (I’ll not include toddlers/infants) to not pick/fondle/squeeze/lick stuff they have no intention of buying.
    Mind you there’s plenty of adults who do that and they really should know better!?
    I mean picking a bread loaf up with your hands, giving it a squeeze and putting it back. FFS.

Why don't they make toilet bowls with a non-stick lining?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Why don't they make toilet bowls with a non-stick lining?
    Or they could add teflon to our food?

Craftsman
    Idiot spectators at the TdF who want to be on tv rather than watch the race.

How to open a packet of pasta without splitting the plastic bag so that pasta goes everywhere

Sent from my XQ-AU51 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    How to open a packet of pasta without splitting the plastic bag so that pasta goes everywhere

Sent from my XQ-AU51 using Tapatalk
    I'd add rice to that, and cous cous. Basically anything that you don't want to go everywhere, is what usually does!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

How to open Amazon fire stick remote control cover to put in batteries. I had to Google how to open the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    People who drive 45mph on a derestricted clear country road, but then continue at the same speed through a 30mph village.
    This!
    Happens soo much where I live.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    People who drive 38 in a 40 then drop down to just under 35 when there's a camera. Absolute cretins.
    I’ll add to that people who zoom up behind you in an average speed check zone on the motorway and tailgate you until you pull over and let them drive 20mph over the limit. And there’s signs everywhere saying average speed check, it’s not like you could miss it. You want a ticket? Fine have one then!

PS - I’ll add to that people who hit the brakes when they’re approaching a corner that they could have taken at twice the speed, then inch round it so slowly that when you’re following them on a motorbike, you have to slip the clutch in first or you’d stall.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 26th June 2021 at 19:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    With scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    With scissors.
    :D

Master
    How Forrest Gump beat The Shawshank Redemption to an Oscar.

People who wear masks but don't have it covering their nose.

FFS it's been 14 months! It takes less time to potty train a toddler.

Craftsman
    Folk that find it acceptable to join a motorway at 45 mph, while the queue that has formed unbeknown to them behind have all sorts of bother joining the flow of traffic.
    Normally someone old or a woman.

Why they don't just block mobile phone signals in prisons.

Master
    People that immediately stop after stepping off escalators while chaos ensues behind them.

Women who stand 10 mins in a checkout queue, look mildly surprised when asked to pay, then spend the next 5 mins frantically looking for their purse.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    People that immediately stop after stepping off escalators while chaos ensues behind them.
    Spot on - and similar when the person at the front of a queue for a lift takes one step in when the lift doors open - even if the lift is empty - blocking access for everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    Women who stand 10 mins in a checkout queue, look mildly surprised when asked to pay, then spend the next 5 mins frantically looking for their purse.
    Absolutely does my nut, that one!

Why people wear a smart watch with bit of string or manky leather around the same wrist.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Why people wear a smart watch with bit of string or manky leather around the same wrist.
    Ha. I wear a bit of string around my watch wrist. It was given to me by my wife’s grandmother many years ago. It’s a very common custom in Thai culture.
    Regards
    V

Master
    Blog Entries
    Why Thai people gift a bit of string to wrap round your wrist when people really want a Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Why Thai people gift a bit of string to wrap round your wrist when people really want a Rolex
    They mean a lot more than any Rolex to some.

https://thetattooedbuddha.com/2015/1...dhist-strings/
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Living semi - rural we have an added phenomenon when it comes to shopping

small Petrol stations which are also mini-markets ...which is fine

Until somebody fills up with fuel leaving car on the pump you are waiting for then goes inside and does a weekly shop for 15 minutes...arrghhhhh...

note : parking is available away from pumps ....
    That’s not just in the countryside, stores like Tesco and Sainsbury’s often have a petrol station next to them.

For some reason Sainsbury’s seems to be the main place this happens, people getting petrol, leaving the car at the petrol pump then going into pay and do the weekly shop while they are there (Presumably they don’t notice that massive supermarket opposite with a car park with about 50 to 100 parking spaces)

Being banned from forums and rejoining under a different name.

Suspect that many who readily denounce 'sky fairies' also wear them.

Master
    Blog Entries

And rightly so (said after taking tongue out of cheek)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by craggie View Post
    Idiot spectators at the TdF who want to be on tv rather than watch the race.
    Or better still, cause an accident:

https://youtu.be/ld1oakfq6xw

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I’ll add to that people who zoom up behind you in an average speed check zone on the motorway and tailgate you until you pull over and let them drive 20mph over the limit. And there’s signs everywhere saying average speed check, it’s not like you could miss it. You want a ticket? Fine have one then!

PS - I’ll add to that people who hit the brakes when they’re approaching a corner that they could have taken at twice the speed, then inch round it so slowly that when you’re following them on a motorbike, you have to slip the clutch in first or you’d stall.
    Or people who drive just under the limit approaching an average speed check camera then floor it once past it only to do the same thing further up the motorway then repeat until average speed check ends then floor it again.

The passenger in that car must feel like they are in a washing machine.

Journeyman
    Film and TV programs that use clearly empty disposable coffee cups on screen instead of filling them with water so it at least looks and behaves like it contains coffee.

you can tell they are empty as they wouldn't wave em around as much if they had hot coffee in.

Steam pans with metal handles .

Master
    People who buy a tatty fake modern box to sell an old watch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERB-RARE-GENTS-WWI-ROLEX-TRENCH-WATCH-IN-BEAUTIFUL-CONDITION-AND-COMES-BOXED-/203506007063

What is the point??!

Online bickering.

Salted caramel ice cream.

Wave-particle duality.

Narrow-mindedness.

Things you'll never understand

Pulleys.
    I have read and re-read the maths behind it, but I still cannot quite accept it

Scallies insisting on keeping their puffa jackets on irrespective of the 25degree sunny days.

R&B
    I mean what is that?
    I do not think it is just music I do not like.
    I do not like most jazz, but I can sort of understand what they are doing.
    This electronic-edited singing/rapping over some crap music, that seems to come out of every car window of those puffa-jacket wearers (see above). I mean, come on - you cannot be taking anything from that.

Joggers who carry water.

Monster energy drink drinkers (see much of above)

Whiskey. Totally lost on me. £100 glass or £4 glass… all the same. Some tastes more like earth than others. But that is it. All taste awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by notenoughwrists; 27th June 2021 at 21:31.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyv View Post
    or the mothers/fathers who pick their kids up from school and then go to the supermarket.

for an easier life for me and yourself, Why dont you go to the supermarket before you pick the kids up ?!
    Because they are at work til 3pm

I don’t understand people that don’t understand that most parents have to work

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Because they are at work til 3pm

I don’t understand people that don’t understand that most parents have to work
    The parents I've seen don't look like they've come straight from work to pick the kids up.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyv View Post
    The parents I've seen don't look like they've come straight from work to pick the kids up.
    What should they look like? I work from home so could be in shorts, scruffy t-shirt or I could be in business casual.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Joggers running on the road holding up traffic when there's a perfectly good footpath with no one on it right next to them.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by spud767 View Post
    Joggers running on the road holding up traffic when there's a perfectly good footpath with no one on it right next to them.
    or cyclists and there is a cycle path to their left.

or the cyclist that stops peddling as soon as you are behind them.

People (usually young) who say ‘I’ll get a coffee’. No you moron, that’s what the barista is for. It’s ‘I’d like a coffee’. I think it’s another Americanism but it makes no sense whatsoever!

Why Tapatalk removes all punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Why do lesbians like women who look as much as possible like men? Not a dig but a genuine thing I don't understand. Surely being a gay girl means you fancy girls? I know a few and they assure me it's about being attracted to the femininity but their girlfriends still look like boyfriends to me??
    You can look masculine and be feminine. Why don't straight girls all like body builders with tats? Why don't straight guys all like skinny chicks? The answer is that no matter someone's sexuality, they're going to fancy someone different to you. I think your actual question might be why do some people follow sterotypes?

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    People who indicate right and then left whilst going straight on at a roundabout???
    I do this, in an attempt to show people which way I'm going. I understand how they're supposed to be used, but so many people don't indicate and then turn left, I feel it necessary to show that I'm not doing that. It's a reaction to seemingly most other raod users not having functional indocators.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    Older retired folk who go shopping on a Saturday morning when half the employed population are doing the same.
    And lunchtimes, which is more annoying and more unecessary. At what point do you start to want to go to shops when they're at their busiest?

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Visiting Weston Super Mare recently
    That's your problem, right there.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    What should they look like? I work from home so could be in shorts, scruffy t-shirt or I could be in business casual.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    Not wearing pyjamas.