closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1352

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Roth1 View Post
    Mines due for renewal. Interested in this. Is it on the app, using the sky box, or something else? Thanks
    Main website
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    I’ve had 2 emails since giving notice offering me new deals. I actually called earlier about the 2nd one and it’s a whole £1 cheaper than I’ve paid for the last 18 months! Will wait and see but may take that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I’ve had 2 emails since giving notice offering me new deals. I actually called earlier about the 2nd one and it’s a whole £1 cheaper than I’ve paid for the last 18 months! Will wait and see but may take that.

How long did it take for the emails to start, I am not upto a week yet :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    How long did it take for the emails to start, I am not upto a week yet :)
    27th I think so just a few days.

27th I think so just a few days.
    Just sit tight

Wait till the day before if you really can’t live without it all

They will call you

Also live chat is very good for negotiation I’ve found over the years rather than talking to somebody who can pick up on your “need” for the service

Tell them you are jack flint - etc etc

If you can actually let it go off.... that’s the money shot - they hound you to death with mailers afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funnily enough here’s today’s attempt from them......

Come back for £14

Master
    I can chill for 18 months now.
    Just had a call from Derby -

Update,

Sky broadband Superfast + boost, keeping phone for incoming calls,
    Sky signature,
    HD pack,
    UHD pack,
    Ultimate, includes Netflix
    Full sports package
    Cinema
    Multiscreen

£80 per month, £10 admin should of been £20 :)

Nice savings seeing as I have most things they offer & my contract should expire come Black Friday deals 2022!

I got a great deal about 18 months ago which ends in June, TV only, Sky Q multiroom (1 mini box) UHD, everything except movies (not bothered about those,plenty of other sources) all for £27 a month.

What am I going to have to pay at best to get the equivalent of this do you think please?

Quote Originally Posted by chaplad View Post
    I got a great deal about 18 months ago which ends in June, TV only, Sky Q multiroom (1 mini box) UHD, everything except movies (not bothered about those,plenty of other sources) all for £27 a month.

What am I going to have to pay at best to get the equivalent of this do you think please?
    Tell them you want the same or you’re leaving
    If they were happy with it before why wouldn’t they be happy now?
    Also... bd proactive if it ends in June you’ll be in your 30 day notice period probs so don’t get caught out - call them, play the nice guy card - you’ll be fine.
    If not, barter hard.

Master
    I can chill for 18 months now.
    Just had a call from Derby -

Update,

Sky broadband Superfast + boost, keeping phone for incoming calls,
    Sky signature,
    HD pack,
    UHD pack,
    Ultimate, includes Netflix
    Full sports package
    Cinema
    Multiscreen

£80 per month, £10 admin should of been £20 :)

Nice savings seeing as I have most things they offer & my contract should expire come Black Friday deals 2022!
    So people know what the ball park offers are...i renewed my deal two months ago and have the same as above apart from Multiscreen and Netflix and pay £66 per month on a 18 month deal.
    Last edited by mjc1216; 6th May 2021 at 12:39. Reason: Didn't update

Master
    Blog Entries
    Here is my offer from retentions, that's come through a week before my contract ends. I've got Virgin being installed tomorrow so didn't take it. Had they offered me this when I first called up to cancel I wouldn't have switched.Screenshot_20210527-111822.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

It's a joke with Sky. I phoned up to add a mini box, they mentioned I was out of contract , I had no idea, why don't they tell you? 1hr later I'm down from 190 ish a month to 150 ish ( I have everything, mega fast net 4 mobiles BT Sport blah blah )

If you don't call and get best deal you keep paying full whack

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    It's a joke with Sky. I phoned up to add a mini box, they mentioned I was out of contract , I had no idea, why don't they tell you? 1hr later I'm down from 190 ish a month to 150 ish ( I have everything, mega fast net 4 mobiles BT Sport blah blah )

£190 a month. Bloody hell. Didn’t even know that was possible!

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Q HD
    4 Sims
    Fastest fibre
    Every channel
    BT sport
    F1
    2 Q Minis
    Line rental

Been with them 20 years

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I know I'm often amazed by what people spend on their telly/phone. £190!! I mean that's more than the mortgage was on my first, and then second, and then third, house mortgage! Went to c. £300pm on our fourth house.

My 68meg broadband with fixed ip and unlimited data is £40pm and that includes land line and all calls. I then pay eight quid a month for a 10gig phone sim for the car. Okay, I admit, I also pay £8 for netflix and a fiver for Britbox. I might be cancelling britbox though; once you've had your fill of the old Dr Who/Thunderbirds/&c. there's not much left. Britbox really needs to expand their catalogue more.

It's easy to do, you just load up and before you know it

Remember there are 4 sim contracts on that

Some pay 50 or 60 quid a month on mobile contracts and have 2 or 3 mobiles in the house

Add your mobile contracts to TV package and see what it comes to!

Master
    It's easy to do, you just load up and before you know it

Remember there are 4 sim contracts on that

Some pay 50 or 60 quid a month on mobile contracts and have 2 or 3 mobiles in the house

Add your mobile contracts to TV package and see what it comes to!

ah... yes it's the darn mobile phones! Thankfully, so far, we've managed to only skim the surface of mobile phone usage and costs. I almost got dragged in earlier this month but I think I managed to avoid going big time. A new car and the idea of internet radio in the car was too much of a temptation so it was £109 on a Redmi 9 and then £8pm on a 10gig sim. Which, IIMSS works very well: The phone sits in the glove box permanently switched on and, via AndroidAuto, I get the aforementioned internet radio/spotify and also TomTom which I use to warn of speeding. Phone's been in the car for three weeks now... not made a single call!

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    ah... yes it's the darn mobile phones! Thankfully, so far, we've managed to only skim the surface of mobile phone usage and costs. I almost got dragged in earlier this month but I think I managed to avoid going big time. A new car and the idea of internet radio in the car was too much of a temptation so it was £109 on a Redmi 9 and then £8pm on a 10gig sim. Which, IIMSS works very well: The phone sits in the glove box permanently switched on and, via AndroidAuto, I get the aforementioned internet radio/spotify and also TomTom which I use to warn of speeding. Phone's been in the car for three weeks now... not made a single call!
    Thats a great way to get a car phone and cheap music in the car, I do exactly the same thing

Master
    I forgot to update this. I think I was paying £82 a month for 18 months which went up to £88 with their annual increases in April and I gave notice as my contract was up and it was going way over £100 a month. My last update was I’d got it back to £81 I think so that was £7 cheaper than my current payment but £1 cheaper than I’d paid for 18 months.

After more emails from them I’ve managed to get it down to £79 a month which I’m happy with and no haggling for another 18 months.

That’s the full package which includes sports, movies, kids, Q box, HD etc and broadband and phone line.

Yeah once you start adding mobiles and BT sport and the like it soon creeps up

That's why they do, your contract ends and you start paying full and they only tell you in tiny print in an email you think is a sales email

Still, at 144 for everything including 4 5G sims 3 boxes and BT sport I get good value im happy enough

Bit had much use from BT GO and Sky Go though lol

I pay 5g on sims and live on Dartmoor lolz newest 5g 150 miles away in Bristol

Master
    I just “did the dance” after being told my monthly charges were going up by over £30 as my contract was up. Very easily got it back down via chat, and actually ended up slightly cheaper than previously.

I’m sure I could have probably pushed harder for some extras but I’m happy with that and continue to be happy with sky’s overall offering

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I just “did the dance” after being told my monthly charges were going up by over £30 as my contract was up. Very easily got it back down via chat, and actually ended up slightly cheaper than previously.

I’m sure I could have probably pushed harder for some extras but I’m happy with that and continue to be happy with sky’s overall offering
    Depends how long you've been with them and what you have

I just cancelled Sky F1 and UHD with the end of the £10 per month offer. I wasn’t given any offers so will switch to watching Channel 4’s coverage in July. I wasn’t prepared to pay £22 per month for F1 in UHD. My Sky contract end in September and I’m seriously considering switching back to Virgin. Their Oomph bundles look fantastic.

Master
    Yeah once you start adding mobiles and BT sport and the like it soon creeps up

That's why they do, your contract ends and you start paying full and they only tell you in tiny print in an email you think is a sales email

Still, at 144 for everything including 4 5G sims 3 boxes and BT sport I get good value im happy enough

Bit had much use from BT GO and Sky Go though lol

£144 is a cracking deal, BT sport is min £17 pm & 4 phone contracts included.

We have three phone contracts with iPhone 12’s & that’s close to £138 just on phones & contracts.

Just been on the phone to retentions for over half an hour. My deal ends 4th july
    It’s shooting up to about £120 for the full package
    She couldn’t match any of the deals you guys are showing on tz. So I cancelled
    It’s a bit worrying knowing 4th july no tv or internet
    They say they will collect all the sky Q boxes and cables
    Fingers crossed they get in touch before that
    Last edited by lenlec; 29th May 2021 at 12:19.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Just been on the phone to retentions for over half an hour. My deal ends 4th july
    It’s shooting up to about £120 for the full package
    She couldn’t match any of the deals you guys are showing on tz. So I cancelled
    It’s a bit worrying knowing 4th july no tv or internet
    They say they will collect all the sky Q boxes and cables
    Fingers crossed they get in touch before that
    Let the games commence, you are in contract till 4/7.
    Soon you will get an email detailing the cancellation & telling you they will send out the pre paid for return of equipment.
    Sit tight you will get a call from the Derby office to stop you going through with the cancellation.
    Shocking to have to resort to these practices but that is the only way to get a good deal.

Let the games commence, you are in contract till 4/7.
    Soon you will get an email detailing the cancellation & telling you they will send out the pre paid for return of equipment.
    Sit tight you will get a call from the Derby office to stop you going through with the cancellation.
    Shocking to have to resort to these practices but that is the only way to get a good deal.
    It is crazy mate. Yeah my final dd goes out 4th June at £87 a month. Then . All my services end on 5th July

Master
    It is crazy mate. Yeah my final dd goes out 4th June at £87 a month. Then . All my services end on 5th July
    They contacted me in between week two or three & these people have the best discounts available.
    I get fed up with negotiating phone contracts, insurance car/house & Sky contracts.
    But if you don’t you get screwed over!

Let them close it

You’ll then get 50% off please come back begging letters every other week

I’m never going back
    I’m happy with my new “arrangement” for what I need

Virgin for my fibre is £24 a month so no sky there

Two sims from sky total £11 £6 and £5 more than enough data and unlimited calls and texts - so I’ll keep those

Tv - I’ll import it thanks - and happy with the “delay”

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Let them close it

You’ll then get 50% off please come back begging letters every other week

I’m never going back
    I’m happy with my new “arrangement” for what I need

Virgin for my fibre is £24 a month so no sky there

Two sims from sky total £11 £6 and £5 more than enough data and unlimited calls and texts - so I’ll keep those

Tv - I’ll import it thanks - and happy with the “delay”

John. I rang virgin today. Offering 100meg for about £24 a month. Is it fast and reliable ?

John. I rang virgin today. Offering 100meg for about £24 a month. Is it fast and reliable ?
    It’s awesome

I work for an internet provider and would t have anything but virgin as it’s fibre all the way in to your house

Way better than any “fast fibre” copper/fibre mix crap

Yes - buy it - comparison sites norm give some sort of voucher or cash bonus too!

Journeyman

Cancelled My Sky TV

Zen Internet are the best UK ISP. No faffing with never ending price hikes, top technical support and you get static IP addresses. They actually answer the phone.
    Last edited by slever; 1st June 2021 at 01:27.

Craftsman
    I'm doing the dance at present.
    FYI

I have
    Q + 1 mini box
    Sports, F1, Movies, Atlantic, Box sets etc- HD
    Superfast BB
    Phone

My out of contract price went up to £134, they offered me £116 to renew. I went through to cancellations and the best they could offer was £102.
    I'm now in the cancellation process to see if i can get any better, will update if and when.

Craftsman
    Just into my last month of my contact with sky.
    Got all paperwork/future bills/calculator/notebook/pens in front of me ready for the usual long challenging phonecall.
    I have all skyQ, all sports, Netflix ultimate, uhd, multi room, and was paying £58 then price increase April to £62.
    My future bills account stated £84 from next month.
    Rang up saying what could they offer and after a minute or so he said will £56 be ok?
    Double checked I was still getting everything I already get, then said ok I'll go for it.
    Painless for once.

Mine was due up in July . Price was increasing from £84 to well north of £100 .Out of nowhere I got a call from Virgin which offered the full package including BT Sport , mega fast broadband and a Virgin mobile sim for £70 . Seemed very reasonable so went for it .
    Breaking up with Sky was also very painless this time around . The rep cancelled for me without the usual thirty days notice and even got me a refund . She said she will look forward to hearing from me in 18 months .

Craftsman
    Update...
    When last posted I was in the cancellation process. I was due to be cut off tomorrow, 10th August.
    I had heard nothing from Sky throughout my 4 weeks cancellation period so I decided to call them last Friday to see if there were any better deals to entice me back. The best price offered when I called to cancel 4 weeks ago was £102, the guy that I spoke to on Friday offered £78 straight away. I then secured Netflix, which my wife was paying £8.99pm for £5pm and the boost pack for my broadband which hasn't been very good recently.
    Happy with that I signed up for another 18 months when, no doubt, I will have to do the dance all over again.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Update...
    When last posted I was in the cancellation process. I was due to be cut off tomorrow, 10th August.
    I had heard nothing from Sky throughout my 4 weeks cancellation period so I decided to call them last Friday to see if there were any better deals to entice me back. The best price offered when I called to cancel 4 weeks ago was £102, the guy that I spoke to on Friday offered £78 straight away. I then secured Netflix, which my wife was paying £8.99pm for £5pm and the boost pack for my broadband which hasn't been very good recently.
    Happy with that I signed up for another 18 months when, no doubt, I will have to do the dance all over again.
    annoying having to play this game with sky whenever the contract is up

I’ve cancelled my Sky contract and am moving back to Virgin in a couple of weeks. Up until May £65 for Sky Q with Signature and UHD Formula 1 together with 72Mbps broadband (the fastest in my area over Openreach lines) and Sky Talk Anytime. The £10 offer for F1 came to a close and they wouldn’t negotiate so I cancelled F1 and UHD rather that pay an extra £8 a month.

Virgin then came out with some cracking offers. I’ve signed up for the Ulitmate Oomph package which gives me 600Mbps broadband, telephone, all the TV channels including Sky Movies, Sky Sports etc (except Sky Atlantic), 2 TV boxes and an unlimited mobile sim (which either my wife or daughter will use). The listed price was £89 per month for 18 months. There was a short term offer of a free TV which I asked about. There were no TVs left so they gave me £250 credit which brings the bill down to £75.12 per month over 18 months. I’m very happy with this and can’t wait to get the faster internet.

Master

You could buy a house for that

Master
    Get yourself an IPTV subscription and box. I pay 140 a year for everything and for every film / tv box set ever made.

^^^

Only one small catch it's illegal.

Master
    It’s illegal for the person who is providing the service not for the watcher.

I read this thread every now and again and it just confirms my decision to completely cancel sky a few years ago. Netflix, disney plus and Freeview, must be £20 a month max and non of the time wasting nonsense.

Also the native app for both Netflix and Disney are streets ahead of the offering on a sky box. Looking forward to more content creators streaming their own content on their own platforms.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Get yourself an IPTV subscription and box. I pay 140 a year for everything and for every film / tv box set ever made.
    How did you get yourself set up with that?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    How’s everyone doing these days? I’m dancing with Sky again and the best TV offer is 73/month for everything except Cinema. Option for that at 11/month. I was paying 61/month for everything, incl Netflix. Which rose to 75/month as the contract due to a close. Don’t you love their one sided contract….? Price can go up but you cannot cancel!

Craftsman

Unhappy

I cancelled my sky last month. I’d been with them for years and it was a reoccurring scenario. Contract term ended, price went up, I got it down a bit and then it slowly creeps back up to what I was paying! Finally got sick of paying £114 a month. Especially considering the only thing I watch on sky is the occasional football or golf. Everything else is on freeview or catch-ups.

Now I used “now broadband” and have sky sports through now tv. All for less than £50 and I still have everything I need.

I also pay for Apple TV+, Netflix, Amazon prime and Disney+ 😳🤦🏻*♂️

Master
    Curious. Does Now Broadband use the same infrastructure as Sky?