closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Kids Feet Size

Kids Feet Size

Hi all

Are this generations foot sizes getting bigger?

Bought my daughter new school shoes and trainers yesterday, measured her feet and she is now a size 5, she's only 8yrs old, when will they stop? lol.

My mum was only a 3 as a adult, my dad about an 8, i'm 10.5 and my wife a 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Hi all

Are this generations foot sizes getting bigger?

Bought my daughter new school shoes and trainers yesterday, measured her feet and she is now a size 5, she's only 8yrs old, when will they stop? lol.

My mum was only a 3 as a adult, my dad about an 8, i'm 10.5 and my wife a 6.
    Pretty sure as a nation we're growing taller people, the average height is rising with each generation so I'd expect feet to be growing in proportion.

When I left school in '95, six foot and over 15/6 year olds were pretty uncommon, now they're short arses compared with some of the giants in secondary schools.

Blog Entries
    As with most things related to our physicality, I believe it's mainly genetic and what traits are passed down to us.

For example, I'm 5'10" and have size 10 feet (size 10.5 or even 11 in trainers or walking boots). Now according to stats gathered from TZ shoes sales on SC (), that would seem to be on the larger end of the scale, for my height. My dad was only 5'5 and had size 8 feet, plus my mum was only 5'4 and had size 6 feet - so both were probably on the larger side of average.

My wife is 5'2" and has size 4 feet, which I think is average - though she has an extensive collection of shoes ranging from size 3 to 5, with all the half sizes in between too .

My (very early 20s) daughters are 5'6" and 5'5" and have size 6 and size 5 feet respectively - which is also probably average, whereas my 14 old son is about 5'8" and already has size 9 feet and growing rapidly....
    Last edited by vagabond; 4th May 2021 at 10:04.

Master
    My son is now 13, around 175cm tall and his shoe size is UK10,5. I'm 170cm and my shoesize is UK6.5 - my son looks exactly like me, so not too worried. ;) It's my wife's family where the men are slim and tall, my sons physique seems to come from there.