closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Just got back from mine at St Thomas’s and a young Male came out the booth unvaccinated as it was AZ/O
    Overheard the conversation between nurses after and “evidently he’s the health expert”, this after all the risk parameters were explained.

Looking at his clothing/age/ethnicity I would say he has a greater risk of being stabbed than having a blood clot.
    I myself cycled there and back through central London...

If he's under 30 wouldn't he be entitled to choose Pfizer or moderna?

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    If he's under 30 wouldn't he be entitled to choose Pfizer or moderna?
    Currently there is no choice - take the one offered or refuse.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    But didn´t the Health Minister say folks under 30 if concerned could have one of the mrna vax´s...I thought I heard him say that...

But didn´t the Health Minister say folks under 30 if concerned could have one of the mrna vax´s...I thought I heard him say that...
    There was probably a 'where/if available' in there somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    There was probably a 'where/if available' in there somewhere....
    From the horses mouth..

´´But if you want to you can have the pfizer or moderna jab instead´´
    And
    There is "more than enough of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine" for the 8.5 million adults under 30 who are yet to be vaccinated in the UK to have two doses, he said.

Small wonder trust is an issue, anyone under 30 paying attention to the Health Sec would reasonably expect Pfizer or Moderna in the event they had any concerns or doubts...Here´s a thought what about those folks who may have a history of blood clots in their families, erring on the side of caution, would be reasonable, sensible to take a pass on Ox AZ , go for another option.

Go from about 25 seconds in...It´s clear as day he says it , no if´s and´s or but´s...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56672504

Taking that into account the guy, Mr Smith happened to overhear, IF he is under 30 then presumably was within his rights IF the Health Sec is to be taken at face value, just saying and not wishing to get ´political´.
    Last edited by Passenger; 13th April 2021 at 15:21.

Master

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56672504

Taking that into account the guy, Mr Smith happened to overhear, IF he is under 30 then presumably was within his rights IF the Health Sec is to be taken at face value, just saying and not wishing to get ´political´.
    Yes, and no doubt he will be offered one of the other vaccines as an alternative. Just not necessarily on the same day he was already booked to have the AZ.

Master
    My wife had a drink with a friend last night who works in clinical trials at our local hospital. All of said friend's colleagues have had both jabs apart from one who refused them. Guess which one of the team is currently hospitalised with Covid with all the others fine?

But they were offered the choice and told there´d be plenty by Hancock himself, want to bet there´ll be quite a lot of refusniks especially among the most at risk groups, not a few of those who´re already lets say suspicious of the authorities, sometimes with good reason.

Bad communications, practice, to overpromise then underdeliver.
    Last edited by Passenger; 13th April 2021 at 15:58.

Master
    But they were offered the choice and told there´d be plenty by Hancock himself, want to bet there´ll be quite a lot of refusniks especially among the most at risk groups, not a few of those who´re already lets say suspicious of the authorities, sometimes with good reason.

Bad communications, practice, to overpromise then underdeliver.
    Unless the guy has underlying issues, I would suspect he is over 30 years of age. I had mine today and I’m 51 in June. My wife is 38 and she has hers next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Unless the guy has underlying issues, I would suspect he is over 30 years of age. I had mine today and I’m 51 in June. My wife is 38 and she has hers next Tuesday.
    You could be right, I was admittedly assuming on the strength of Mr Smiths reference to more risk of being stabbed along with the other factors. Not to say over 30' s don't also fall victim.

Craftsman
    I had a bit of a fever after the AZ vaccine, but a couple of paracetamol sorted me out. They really do work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I had a bit of a fever after the AZ vaccine, but a couple of paracetamol sorted me out. They really do work!
    I think it is common advice - to start a 24hr course of paracetamol the day you get the AZ.

First dose - I woke up at 1am shaking like hell and cold. An hour later, back to normal.

He obviously refused and was definitely under 30.
    I would imagine he would have to wait for his preferred option.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    He obviously refused and was definitely under 30.
    I would imagine he would have to wait for his preferred option.
    I guess so - family friend is a volunteer at one of our vaccine centres - they have only seen AZ so far and currently are unable to offer a choice.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Not quite. There is an ever stronger evidential link between AZ vaccines and a rare type of thrombosis which has led to at least 19 deaths in the UK. Of course with 20m AZ vaccines administered your chances are still 1 in a million but I'd say these deaths are significant to those affected, particularly as they largely occur in a younger cohort that is less at risk of a severe case of Covid.

The benefits still outweigh the risks significantly of course but there is some incorrect info being peddled such as the female contraceptive pill gives you a higher chance of blood clots. Whilst that is true the types of clots associated with the contraceptive pill have a <1% fatality rate whereas the thrombosis associated with AZ vaccine has a >20% fatality risk.

Still shouldn't stop anyone over 30 getting their AZ vaccine and the younger group can get Moderna/Pfizer etc.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...card-reporting
    I thought 20% of the 19 who had the clot died - not 19 dead (may have it wrong ?)

Is it really as much 19 deaths associated with the AZ in the U.K. alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I thought 20% of the 19 who had the clot died - not 19 dead (may have it wrong ?)

Is it really as much 19 deaths associated with the AZ in the U.K. alone?
    Correct 19 dead. I think 80 cases in total