closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Airpod pro alternatives?

Craftsman

Airpod pro alternatives?

Morning all,
    Im just looking to buy some blutooth in-ear headphones/ear buds.
    I need the type that are inserted into your ears as the standard air pod type doe not stay in my left ear at all.
    Just wondering what others are using/would reccomend?
    Thanks in advance,
    Rob

Jabra without question. The 75T are fantastic and what I use but there is also the 85T out now.

I have a pair of Sony WF-1000XM3 which are very good

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Jabra without question. The 75T are fantastic and what I use but there is also the 85T out now.
    Seconded, I’ve got the 65t actives and they’re superb. When mine go ( my sweaty runs tend to destroy headphones) I’ll be going for the 75t actives as having the sweet spot of sound quality and active noise cancelling ( I spend too long on head-fi 🙄)

Craftsman
    The AirPod pro are a lot different to the standard AirPod and are brilliant , especially if you use an I Phone .

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    The AirPod pro are a lot different to the standard AirPod and are brilliant , especially if you use an I Phone .

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Agreed. The AirPod Pros work very well with IPhones and don’t fall out. They have different ear tip sizes. I use mine for everything now including running and working out in the gym.

I use RHA TrueConnect 2s, on offer for £99 at Richer Sounds.
    F.T.F.A.

If you want to go cheap for the gym or running etc, take a look at Mpow M30. I bought mine for £20 on Amazon and they are fantastic for running. Stay in my ears and don't ever need adjusting during a run, good battery life, good sound. Keep an eye out for when they go on a deal. Normally they are about £30 but dip to £20 sometimes.

Craftsman
    Thanks chaps,
    I should have put a budget in my post which I suppose is up to £100'ish.
    I'd love the airpod pros but dont know if I want to spend that much at the moment.
    The jabra sound good so will look into them.
    i have also come across some Cambridge Audio and Senheisser ones for £100 too which seem good.
    Cheers,
    Rob

Master
    I've tried various in-ear buds for running, with mixed results and always a compromise with swapping out the foam or whatever

But having now got a set of Airpod Pro, I can't fault them in any way

They stay in my small ears, even when sweating (they're also waterproof) integrate seamlessly to my watch/phone, sound is fantastic, I could go on

I bought some Cambridge Audio Melomania at the beginning of the year for £99. They are perfectly adequate for what I needed.
    Had the Sennheiser CX400 been the same price at the time, I would probably have bought those instead.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I've tried various in-ear buds for running, with mixed results and always a compromise with swapping out the foam or whatever

But having now got a set of Airpod Pro, I can't fault them in any way

They stay in my small ears, even when sweating (they're also waterproof) integrate seamlessly to my watch/phone, sound is fantastic, I could go on
    +1 for Airpods Pro, they are a big step up my previous Jabra Elite Active 65T previously which were brilliant themselves! And I use Android and no other Apple products. If you look hard on Google there are Airpods Pro for around £160.

I would check on Airpods Pro being waterproof though, pretty sure they are sweat resistant but not suitable for swimming or being submerged.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ear fun air pro are pretty good

About £60 from Amazon

Buy cheap, buy twice.

I’ve bought several cheap pairs and they never last. Now have AirPods Pro’s and they are faultless.

Lesson learned.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post

I would check on Airpods Pro being waterproof though, pretty sure they are sweat resistant but not suitable for swimming or being submerged.
    My apologies; water resistant

+1 for the jabras, fantastic!

Craftsman
    +1 for Airpods Pro, they are a big step up my previous Jabra Elite Active 65T previously which were brilliant themselves! And I use Android and no other Apple products. If you look hard on Google there are Airpods Pro for around £160.

I’ve had a look around for some but am not sure if the sites are legit or not, any idea of somewhere selling genuine items for that sort of price?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    I have also but just got a pair of galaxy bud Pro's. I have a Samsung so they work very well with them and sound slightly better than the sonys imo

Craftsman

Airpod pro alternatives?

I’ve had a good experience with MiFo.....about £85 or so. Sound quality seems very good; functionality (ease of pairing, stability etc) excellent. Seem very well made

Absolutely has to be these...

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/e...lomania-1-plus

Yes, £20 over budget, but sound quality is superb. Battery life is fantastic. And their bullet like design makes for a good fit; I've never had one fall out.

Or the older model is still £100...

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/e...es/melomania-1
    Last edited by SeanST150; 7th April 2021 at 20:47.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by barbusg60 View Post
    I’ve had a look around for some but am not sure if the sites are legit or not, any idea of somewhere selling genuine items for that sort of price?
    Cheers
    I got mine for £169 in Feb from Techinthebasket online, who look really dodgy but I've bought from before. The product arrived is 100% genuine and was all sealed - I've been really happy with them. No affiliation with the site.

My old B&O H5 pair are OK. Cost £199, but have seen them as low as £80 on SportPursuit. Now superceded by the E8 at £300.

Craftsman

I got mine for £169 in Feb from Techinthebasket online, who look really dodgy but I've bought from before. The product arrived is 100% genuine and was all sealed - I've been really happy with them. No affiliation with the site.

Thanks, I’ll look into them.

Craftsman
    There is alot of expectation on eh Falcon pro

I currently have the fiio utws3 and connect them to my shures

It's the best combination right now.
    Airpods sound trash for audio unless it's just call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    It would be helpful to understand how you plan to use them and with what device(s) as this will help others recommend based on features.

I have a pair of Sony WF-1000XM3 and I can honestly say they are the best piece of tech I have bought for a long time. Use them at home, when on public transport, walking the dog. Sound superb, app is excellent with equaliser to tailor the sound, adaptive sound control based on walking, running, sitting, public transport is clever and actually adds to the usability. On bud touch controls (programmable in app) take some getting used to, but work well.

Some have real problems with the fit, I didn’t using stock ear tips, but I have also tried aftermarket comply tips which many say improve the in ear stability and I found these improve the fit, noise isolation and sound quality. Switching between multiple apple devices isn’t as slick as the AirPod pro’s but for me everything else is better (sound, noise cancelling, equaliser). XM4’s will be along soon so some excellent deals to be had on the current generation.

Sport Pursuits twice daily email (yes, really) today has Bang and Olufsen E8 on sale at £120. You need to sign up for the emails though!

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I’d concur with this. Have an original set of Trueconnects, and they’ve been flawless. Biggys for me on the RHAs were a 3 year no quibble guarantee for peace of mind (never needed to use) plus they come with comprehensive set of different sized ear buds including Comply memory foam tips which work extremely well at keeping them in - never had an issue while using them running. Sound quality decent also.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Absolutely has to be these...

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/e...lomania-1-plus

Yes, £20 over budget, but sound quality is superb. Battery life is fantastic. And their bullet like design makes for a good fit; I've never had one fall out.

Or the older model is still £100...

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/e...es/melomania-1

Are these only for listening, or is their a microphone too? I can’t tell from the website

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post
    It would be helpful to understand how you plan to use them and with what device(s) as this will help others recommend based on features.

I have a pair of Sony WF-1000XM3 and I can honestly say they are the best piece of tech I have bought for a long time. Use them at home, when on public transport, walking the dog. Sound superb, app is excellent with equaliser to tailor the sound, adaptive sound control based on walking, running, sitting, public transport is clever and actually adds to the usability. On bud touch controls (programmable in app) take some getting used to, but work well.

Some have real problems with the fit, I didn’t using stock ear tips, but I have also tried aftermarket comply tips which many say improve the in ear stability and I found these improve the fit, noise isolation and sound quality. Switching between multiple apple devices isn’t as slick as the AirPod pro’s but for me everything else is better (sound, noise cancelling, equaliser). XM4’s will be along soon so some excellent deals to be had on the current generation.
    Your right, I forgot to mention what I actually want them for.
    To tell the truth it’s mainly for watching tv/films on an iPad Pro with just the odd bit of music every now and again.
    So in reality, they probably don’t need to be the best quality or have the perfect sound but still don’t want to end up with something rubbish, hence the question.
    Thanks,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Are these only for listening, or is their a microphone too? I can’t tell from the website
    They have built in microphones, and can be used for calls. They are perfectly adequate for calls, I've never had any problems making calls, apart from when it's really windy. Cambridge Audio is a hi-fi company and their focus is sound quality.

Just another vote for the Jabra. Just picked up a pair of the 75t today which have been nicely discounted now the 85t are out. Only an afternoons use but impressed so far.

The hear-through function to switch noise cancellation on and off with a tap of an ear bud and the ability to have a few default settings (preset equaliser, noise cancellation level etc) is pretty impressive. Some other nice functions such as Auto pause when you take them out of your ears is great. Very happy with the our have so far.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    They have built in microphones, and can be used for calls. They are perfectly adequate for calls, I've never had any problems making calls, apart from when it's really windy. Cambridge Audio is a hi-fi company and their focus is sound quality.
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    I have been a long time AirPod user and have had the AirPod pros for 12 months. I have had them replaced 3 times by apple. They just don’t seem as robust as the originals. Just something to bare in mind. When they work they are great. Would I buy them again... No

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitinheadlights View Post
    I have been a long time AirPod user and have had the AirPod pros for 12 months. I have had them replaced 3 times by apple. They just don’t seem as robust as the originals. Just something to bare in mind. When they work they are great. Would I buy them again... No

What has been the issues with them?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    What has been the issues with them?
    The speakers inside started lose sound and began to rattle. The Bluetooth also started to drop frequently. I asked the guy in store if I was an isolated case and unlucky to have 3 go? He looked at me and said no comment and laughed. Says it all really.

I really like them but there is obviously something wrong with them.

Jabra - I’ve got the 65s and find them excellent.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Another vote for RHA True Connects

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitinheadlights View Post
    The speakers inside started lose sound and began to rattle. The Bluetooth also started to drop frequently. I asked the guy in store if I was an isolated case and unlucky to have 3 go? He looked at me and said no comment and laughed. Says it all really.

I really like them but there is obviously something wrong with them.
    Thanks for that, will certainly keep a close eye (ear!) on mine -- they've been perfect so far though

Craftsman
    Thanks all,
    It will be Richer sounds I head to as I’ve always had good service from them and they’ll be re-opening soon which will be good so I can pop in for a chat and a look ‘in the flesh’
    So it think it’s looking like either the Senheisser’s, RHA or Cambridge Audio atm.
    I would go for AirPod pro’s but don’t think I’d get the value out of them, although I may put a wanted add up for the weekend.
    Cheers,
    But thank you for your other ideas too!
    Rob

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Same here, superb sound quality and ANC.

My only negative would be that they look quite big but are actually very secure once on your ears.

A new version is due soon.

The Sennheiser momentum 2's are meant to be superb. They have them on offer in their UK Outlet store.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by barbusg60 View Post
    Thanks chaps,
    I should have put a budget in my post which I suppose is up to £100'ish.
    I'd love the airpod pros but dont know if I want to spend that much at the moment.
    The jabra sound good so will look into them.
    i have also come across some Cambridge Audio and Senheisser ones for £100 too which seem good.
    Cheers,
    Rob
    https://en-uk.sennheiser-outlet.com/...roduct_id=3711

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    https://en-uk.sennheiser-outlet.com/...roduct_id=3711

Bit over my budget for what I’ll use them for but thanks for the idea.
    I’ll keep an eye on the site though

If budget is a concern just get the 65t - about £60 and the main difference is not usb C and no magnets to hold the headphones in the case.

Craftsman
    If budget is a concern just get the 65t - about £60 and the main difference is not usb C and no magnets to hold the headphones in the case.
    Thanks, that may make sense as they are really only for tv watching on an iPad, just want a decent brand and ideally from Richer sounds in case anything goes wrong with them

Blog Entries
    Jabra Elite Sport - is an alternate - I've never had issues with mine. I have them for sale on eBay and your welcome to have a punt as they are way under your budget (only one bid of £25 and finishes tomorrow night). PM and I can send a link if interested. Martyn

Craftsman
    So I couldn't find my BTR5 receiver for my Shure 846, so I took a punt on the new Sony XF-1000XM4.

They arrived just before I left for the airport so I've only listened in the airport & lounge. From the use I've had so far they are better than the airpod pros for playing music.

No issues connecting either.

I'm going to test the NC on the plane and the call quality when I land, but so far I'd recommend them.

Can anyone tell me how the Melomania 1+ would compare to Airpod Pro…anyone got both?

I own airpod pro’s and want a backup pair of cheaper earphones for the office. Mainly interested in bass for electronic music. (Usually if the earphone can kick out enough bass, rather than being an audiophile, I’m happy.)

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    So I couldn't find my BTR5 receiver for my Shure 846, so I took a punt on the new Sony XF-1000XM4.

They arrived just before I left for the airport so I've only listened in the airport & lounge. From the use I've had so far they are better than the airpod pros for playing music.

No issues connecting either.

I'm going to test the NC on the plane and the call quality when I land, but so far I'd recommend them.

All the reviews for these are extremely positive. Surely the wireless earphones of choice for anyone wanting the "best".