closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 129 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,450 of 8872

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

I can see them cancelling the current "Use of home office" deduction allowance from your tax return, but levying a fee on people that DON'T go to work in an office, would be rather unlikely to get through parliament.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Actually sadly this isn't a joke and my source has told me it is happening although the % and also what constitutes WFH is open to debate
    What is your source? Not a name, but the position?

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    What is your source? Not a name, but the position?
    Actually deleted as still it could be traced.

Anyway I hope this info is wrong, but who is going to prop up the central city real estate? We will pay for it one way or t'other I suspect
    Last edited by ryanb741; 1st April 2021 at 13:24.

Hello, Ryan...?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    A 100 quid charity bet where TZLA will be in six months? You can chose if you want to call the level or trade on it.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Hello, Ryan...?
    TBH Raffe I agree with you and the general direction of the stock. I was merely making light of the 'this time it is happening' element

The year is 2110. Gareth and Katie, 2 twelve year old kids are playing in the forest when they happen upon an old abandoned manor house.

'Let's go in!' exclaimed Katie.

'No!' said Gareth. 'No! No! No! That's the old Raffe place. I hear it's haunted'.

'Pah!' said Katie. 'No such thing as ghosts'.

'Not true' replied Gareth. 'They say on some nights, when the moon is full, you can hear an ethereal voice wailing; 'Tttteeeessssslllllaaaaaa. Gooooiiinnnnggggg dooooooowwwwwnnnnnnn'.

'Tesla?' said Katie. 'You mean like Overlord Elon, Master of all the Universe. The man who made a new sun for everyone in the Galaxy?'

'The very same' said Gareth. 'The very same'.
    Hope you're right about forests still being a thing.

TBH Raffe I agree with you and the general direction of the stock. I was merely making light of the 'this time it is happening' element
    I believe you've already got something similar still running anyway, haven't you?

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5693964

Anyone else interested in taking the bet?

1yr with covid review

Quire remarkable really

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

It was six trading days, not two weeks.

There were tons of calls sold to the stimmy crowd, which is the only reason why this market is still where it is. And I think we will go even higher next week. If it wasn't for the stimmies, it would have likely succumbed to the selling pressure Wednesday/Thursday.

I have been royally long index futures yesterday and today and cracked new all-time highs on the trading account - and am planning to buy back into the market on any weakness on Monday.

Four trading days later: S&P500 4,007

Don't be this guy:

I have been über-long SP500 futures, trimming my positions and selling all of my index call options here.

Time for a breather?

Ha! Brilliant!

Yep, 400p on 30th June

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    I believe you've already got something similar still running anyway, haven't you?

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5693964

Raffe, what is your view on LON: RDSB in the medium to long term?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissz View Post

Medium term, was a good buy in October not so much now, I’m waiting for it correct a little more for the time being. I’m keeping an eye on it for 1-2 months and maybe buy back in then.

Longer term Tesla won’t be the death of oil & RDS are investing in renewables, sustainable’s etc

Suncor is a better buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissz View Post

Sorry must pass, have no view.

Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    Investing in gold is more rewarding picking a certain stock.

I have followed this outfit headed by one of the best in the field with proven track record.

https://firstmininggold.com/

This is one of the best potential “multi baggers” I have seen throughout my career and as it stands in the world currently.

You’re all most welcome.

How is the world-class multi-bagger doing?

It's been a busy year, issuing shares, warrants and options at breakneck speed.

Unfortunately not such a good time for the shareholders. The multi-year high of the share price was actually within a week of your pump.

Master
    How is the world-class multi-bagger doing?

It's been a busy year, issuing shares, warrants and options at breakneck speed.

Unfortunately not such a good time for the shareholders. The multi-year high of the share price was actually within a week of your pump.

😂 hangover wasn’t so good either after that night. I don’t have a position anymore as it’s been static since I bought. Must of been holding for 3 years 🙌

I've had more info around the fact home workers WILL be taxed more in the UK. Reliable source so I'm taking it as likely but I won't reveal the source I'm case it gets them into strife. I guess it kind of makes sense if people staying home aren't spending on trains/sandwiches at Pret etc and the knock on impact to the economy, particularly if everyone thinks they can suddenly sell up in Ealing and move to Devon (with the knock on effect of local house prices becoming out of reach for locals).

Germany (via Deutsche Bank research) have also looked into something similar with a hypothetical 5% tax per day each week spent working from home (so if you work at home 5 days a week you pay 25% more tax). The German research added this was totally fair as remote workers are 'contributing less to the infrastructure of the economy while still receiving its benefits'.

Google suddenly telling everyone to get their backsides back to the office faster than planned is telling as one of the caveats is that the tax would be paid by the employer if they don't offer their employees a permanent office desk!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 4th April 2021 at 11:56.

That's an outrageous move, attempting to compel people back into potentially dangerous working environments through the VERY blunt tool of arbitrarily adding more tax. It makes no sense, people have a right to decide where and how they work, their work/life balance, I wouldn't stand for it myself if I were in such a situation. Furthermore by not commuting think of all the environmental benefits, Govt. should be offering a tax cut to work from home for the good of the environment, not this authoritarian nonsense.

Overpriced Pret sarnies like what passes for Coffee in Starbucks, such things are not truly national 'economic infrastructure', that's pathetic, absurd, insulting.
    Last edited by Passenger; 4th April 2021 at 12:12.

Surely all Sunak would need to do is introduce midweek Pret vouchers, nobody can resist a Rishi dishi, nobody.

Carrot > Stick
    Last edited by Justin Case; 4th April 2021 at 12:13.

Ridiculous, taxing efficiency.

I've had more info around the fact home workers WILL be taxed more in the UK. Reliable source so I'm taking it as likely but I won't reveal the source I'm case it gets them into strife. I guess it kind of makes sense if people staying home aren't spending on trains/sandwiches at Pret etc and the knock on impact to the economy, particularly if everyone thinks they can suddenly sell up in Ealing and move to Devon (with the knock on effect of local house prices becoming out of reach for locals).

Germany (via Deutsche Bank research) have also looked into something similar with a hypothetical 5% tax per day each week spent working from home (so if you work at home 5 days a week you pay 25% more tax). The German research added this was totally fair as remote workers are 'contributing less to the infrastructure of the economy while still receiving its benefits'.

Google suddenly telling everyone to get their backsides back to the office faster than planned is telling as one of the caveats is that the tax would be paid by the employer if they don't offer their employees a permanent office desk!

Sounds interesting, except that it is complete nonsense.

Here is the Deutsche Research piece, it is a purely conceptual discussion, there has never been any discussion about implementing it in Germany and it will never happen.
    https://www.dbresearch.com/PROD/RPS_...m-home_tax.pdf

Ryan, one single source that this is seriously being discussed in any country?

Thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Surely all Sunak would need to do is introduce midweek Pret vouchers, nobody can resist a Rishi dishi, nobody.

Carrot > Stick
    Starting with the racism again, Ally?

What a surprise.

Blog Entries
    You can charge me 10% more tax, I'd still not jump back on the daily horror show that is rush hour commuting. Not ever. My wellbeing has improved way more than the money by not having to waste a minimum of 10 hours per week on public transport.

Also what of those who were working from home pre-covid, what happens there? Lastly, I imagine some firms may suck up the 5% in additional pay, to save more on office rental space.

Still, its an absurb proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post

Overpriced Pret sarnies like what passes for Coffee in Starbucks, such things are not truly national 'economic infrastructure', that's pathetic, absurd, insulting.
    Not to mention, who will serve the London lattes now?

https://www.ft.com/content/de721f35-...f-d2168b16aba6

For the record, I hope Rishi Sunak is the next PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Not to mention, who will serve the London lattes now?

https://www.ft.com/content/de721f35-...f-d2168b16aba6

For the record, I hope Rishi Sunak is the next PM.
    AHHAHAHA we're in the wrong place to unpack all that's wrong with that one

This is the G&D, move your politics to the Bear Pit where I can tell you what I think of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    You can charge me 10% more tax, I'd still not jump back on the daily horror show that is rush hour commuting. Not ever. My wellbeing has improved way more than the money by not having to waste a minimum of 10 hours per week on public transport.

Also what of those who were working from home pre-covid, what happens there? Lastly, I imagine some firms may suck up the 5% in additional pay, to save more on office rental space.

Still, its an absurb proposition.
    That would be in theory 25% more tax. 5% for each day of the week worked at home.

Guys mock all you like. Just wait and see. I don't like the concept either. But it seems like it is getting done.

Last edited by ryanb741; 4th April 2021 at 12:44.

Reddit has a lot to answer for.

Craftsman
    That would be in theory 25% more tax. 5% for each day of the week worked at home.

Guys mock all you like. Just wait and see. I don't like the concept either. But it seems like it is getting done.

Is your source The Sun https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/13166...ave-jobs-risk/
    Your post does look a little cut and paste

I will say that having knowledge of how HMRC implements new legislation for anyone to leak before official release even to their best mate would be a serious disciplinary issue

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post
    Is your source The Sun https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/13166...ave-jobs-risk/
    Your post does look a little cut and paste

I will say that having knowledge of how HMRC implements new legislation for anyone to leak before official release even to their best mate would be a serious disciplinary issue

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
    It isnt my source. Anyway time will tell. Someone's going to need to pay for all that city centre infrastructure and if people are at home they are likely to spend less money which isnt much use for the Chancellor. So if it isnt this way it is another way

I'd be surprised to see any additional tax linked so directly to wfh, and I'd have thought it would be quite unpopular with o lot of the Conservative base (though if they are looking into I'm sure any voter impact will be well researched)

I guess it kind of makes sense if people staying home aren't spending on trains/sandwiches at Pret etc
    I don't think it does make much sense as that money would just be redistributed to some other part of the economy or geographical location. You'd also think it would be a good way to help with leveling up across the country.

As said before, it's a tax on efficiency.

... particularly if everyone thinks they can suddenly sell up in Ealing and move to Devon (with the knock on effect of local house prices becoming out of reach for locals)
    And wouldn't that help house prices in Ealing become more affordable for locals? It's just redistribution.

Not having a go at Ryan btw, it's an interesting topic.

Master
    Sounds interesting, except that it is complete nonsense.

Here is the Deutsche Research piece, it is a purely conceptual discussion, there has never been any discussion about implementing it in Germany and it will never happen.
    https://www.dbresearch.com/PROD/RPS_...m-home_tax.pdf

Ryan, one single source that this is seriously being discussed in any country?

Thought not.
    A faintly ridiculous research paper. There’s no logic to the idea that people working from home should pay for all the infrastructure they don’t use. You could just as easily argue that the people who work from offices should pay a premium to maintain all the infrastructure that makes it possible. Or conclude that perhaps you don’t need all of it any more. Any politician proposing it would be laughed out of town.

5% a day on top is frankly ridiculous, companies are saving fortunes not having to run offices, any sort of penalty for WFH would not get support from either side

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    A faintly ridiculous research paper. There’s no logic to the idea that people working from home should pay for all the infrastructure they don’t use. You could just as easily argue that the people who work from offices should pay a premium to maintain all the infrastructure that makes it possible. Or conclude that perhaps you don’t need all of it any more. Any politician proposing it would be laughed out of town.
    How does that work though. High earners pay taxes for things they don't use either. That happens today.

Ok another question. What alternative to the the 'ridiculous' research paper keeps the same amount fo money flowing in the economy to enable the government to take tax on? Because one way or another the government has to get tax revenue in order to pay for the aftermath of the pandemic. What suggestion if the take on transport, city centre spending is reduced? It will need to come from somewhere and I suspect that if person X used to spend £Y a year and generated tax for the government of £Z then in the government's plans that person isn't going to get away with paying less because they fancy an extra hour in bed every day. The money will still be forthcoming and £Z will be generated for the government.

Last edited by ryanb741; 4th April 2021 at 14:31.

Craftsman
    This is all a temporary phenomenon, we will end up with hybrid working arrangements once the threat of the virus is manageable.

If you’re a single, young professional, learning your skills, you can’t do that sat in your living room at home and you probably won’t want to, the social aspect of working is important...you can only learn from your managers, who will be of an older generation.

You can’t tax people for being home based, you just need to wait for the new normal to be established, which won’t be the Monday to Friday commute, but somewhere in between

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    How does that work though. High earners pay taxes for things they don't use either. That happens today.

Ok another question. What alternative to the the 'ridiculous' research paper keeps the same amount fo money flowing in the economy to enable the government to take tax on? Because one way or another the government has to get tax revenue in order to pay for the aftermath of the pandemic. What suggestion if the take on transport, city centre spending is reduced? It will need to come from somewhere and I suspect that if person X used to spend £Y a year and generated tax for the government of £Z then in the government's plans that person isn't going to get away with paying less because they fancy an extra hour in bed every day. The money will still be forthcoming and £Z will be generated for the government.

Ryan, you’re a smart chap, I’ll leave it to you to think of reasons why taxing working from home wouldn’t be a great idea, practically or politically.

As for raising revenues after Covid, as far as I’m aware they will mainly be punishing those who received no government support whatsoever. But all of the above probably deserves its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    This.

And why we are discussing this at all in a thread about investing is frankly beyond me.

There is currently a tax break of about 6 quid a week for home workers, the way politics works is they leak nonsense way in advance of some minor bad news . I suspect the tax break for home workers might go, as it's hard to justify .

But also business's aren't rushing to make everyone a 'home worker ' as they have to do the workplace assessments like eyes and backs and supply all the gear. I think this so called new world of home working is being over stated .

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Urm... anybody got any stonks?

😂

Blog Entries
    TSLA wowzers.

Everything up in the US pre market. Why?

Out of March and into April?

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Everything up in the US pre market. Why?

Out of March and into April?
    Jobs reports looking good.

ISA season in UK could give the FTSE a bit of a lift too. Not that I’d bet on it!

Nasdaq seems to have forgotten about bond yields altogether now.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    TSLA wowzers.
    Just sold at $713.

50bln market cap increase for a 10k delivery beat ($500mln revenue)? There is no vocabulary for this madness.

I have it on good authority that Lord Elon has successfully recreated the Flux Capacitor and it will now be an option on Model S sedans from May onwards.

88 miles an hour will again be the requisite speed to facilitate time travel (you set the time you want to travel to on the app) but with the enhanced acceleration anyone with a Performance model will be able to attain 88 MPH in under 3.7 seconds meaning a much quicker trip to your time destination.

Note a solar charge pack will be required (no Tesla Superchargers in 1776!) in order to provide enough charge for your return trip - as these are options costing 129k Dogecoin each I'd imagine this extra revenue will fill Tesla coffers exponentially.

I can't be 100% certain however I'd imagine this is why TSLA is pumping currently.

Craftsman
    Nasdaq seems to have forgotten about bond yields altogether now.
    I think we’ve got a good month or so ahead of us, in the meantime I’m contemplating the old saying ‘go away in May’

Everything up in the US pre market
    Everything except GME.

Shorted some SP500 futures at 4057.