closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is there one rubber strap to rule them all?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Crafter Blue straps were the best rubber strap i ever had but they only make them for very few models of watches sadly.
    I was a bit disappointed with CB. They were ok'ish but made the watch stand off the wrist because they were quite thick at the watch head
    My favourite is the Hirsch Extreme.

I am a massive advocate of cheaper rubber straps, as they are inherently cheap to make.
    The best ones I have had recently are
    Barton Elite (2 slip ends, keeper locator, twin colour and very comfy for just £20)
    Yellow Dog Watchstraps (Ebay seller) for rubber NATOs/ZULUs, very well built, extremely secure, and epicly comfy as they are slightl stretchy.
    Bonetto Cinturini (good quality moulding, nice vanilla smell for years after)
    I also had 2 very nice Tropics, one from Newmark, the other from Siduna.

I find many of the moulded end ones stiffen the strap too much at the watch head. This was certainly true of the Crafter Blue I used on my Tudor BB GMT.
    The best solution for that was the rubber that came with the Tag Heuer Aquagraph, which was end-fitted, but with a hinge immediately next to the watch head. Very comfy.

D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    These are also my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I am a massive advocate of cheaper rubber straps, as they are inherently cheap to make.
    The best ones I have had recently are
    Barton Elite (2 slip ends, keeper locator, twin colour and very comfy for just £20)
    Yellow Dog Watchstraps (Ebay seller) for rubber NATOs/ZULUs, very well built, extremely secure, and epicly comfy as they are slightl stretchy.
    I also had 2 very nice Tropics, one from Newmark, the other from Siduna.

I find many of the moulded end ones stiffen the strap too much at the watch head. This was certainly true of the Crafter Blue I used on my Tudor BB GMT.
    The best solution for that was the rubber that came with the Tag Heuer Aquagraph, which was end-fitted, but with a hinge immediately next to the watch head. Very comfy.

D
    Agree on Barton elite silicon amd Bonetto 284 (flat vent), my favourites also.

Recently I ordered waffle fluoro rubber (quick release) and feels amazing. Cheap n great. Here is the aliexoress store link if someone wants to try:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrc0ZZh

Poslano sa mog SM-G960F koriste?i Tapatalk

I've used rubber straps for years and in my experience the best of the lot (and I include Isofrane) is the Christopher Ward Hybrid rubber. It's thick yet supple and incredibly comfortable out the packet. At £60 it's not the cheapest but also not the most expensive considering its quality. The buckle is beautifully made (unlike the Iso that's sharp) and finished too.

It's this one:

https://www.christopherward.com/stra...SXK-DC-ST.html

Blog Entries
    Zealander. Took a bit of effort on the omega to get a fit. But got there in the end. White or Black?

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG