closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 126710 bezel variations

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Oranges10 View Post
    So I’ve had the classic 16710, the new 126710 , and the WG blue faced version. All at once actually. Cuttting a long story short I’ve decided the 126710 is for me.

So I’ve gone to just the 126710 and have bought another. BUT. I didn’t realise the variations existing to the bezel colours. Earlier varieties having a lighter ( some view as purple almost ) blue ( which my first had ) and later ones having a darker more navy blue. There is even evidence of a darker mark 3 !!!

Anyway. I have to admit preferring the earlier lighter blue model , and I’m contemplating swapping a 2020 watch for an earlier model to get the lighter bezel ..... I’d perhaps have to accept a straight swap even though I’m getting an older model.

Am I mad ?!?!?! The missus says yes , but I’d rather get the opinion of some WIS !!!
    There is no such think as a "mark 3". Any slight colour differences that may exist are production variance and IMO not worth chasing or paying a premium for.

What happens if you traded, cracked the bezel one day, and then Rolex replaced the insert with a colour you didn't like?

Master
    Cheers Dent. Fair point over replacements. Not thought of that !

Yes the Mark 3 etc variations are very open to interpretation.

There are definitely at least three different bezels.

Here they are:

Mark 2, Mark 3 and Mark 1 respectively.

The Mark 1 is definitely the one to have IMHO.

All the best,

Paul

Craftsman
    There’s definitely three different varieties so far, I’ve seen all three beside each other and it’s not a trick of the light, each was easily identifiable.

I personally much prefer the colours of the original “Mk1” bezel.

upload phots

Last edited by johnnyhayward; 24th February 2021 at 21:43. Reason: Picture added from internet