closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Selling NGHT in full. Adding the funds to top up into my long term LSE:sfor position that I’ve been adding to monthly over the last year

I expect it will go higher but bars are closed and it’s been a good ride since the ipo.

For those who visit london it’s london cocktail club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see NGHT made it onto reddit.....

For those wanting an exposure to the wider blockchain tech market. There is a fund (ETF) called BLOK which is invested in about 60 of the blockchain companies, like RIOT, MARA, ARB and Microstrategy.

It ought to continue to perform steadily even if the price of crypto takes a dive as the whole blockchain world is certainly one that's here to stay and growing.

https://www.fundslibrary.co.uk/Funds...mGBam1kTsU&r=1

It is also available on HL and the main platforms.
    Last edited by mr noble; 15th February 2021 at 13:45.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    It ought to continue to perform steadily even if the price of crypto takes a dive as the whole blockchain world is certainly one that's here to stay and growing.
    Ahaa.

That sounds more like wishful thinking than analysis as most of those companies are trading at a substantial premium to the value of their crypto holdings. Difficult to maintain that if and when crypto takes a dive.

As always, it depends what you expect to happen - but if you think a drop is imminent I would certainly not buy the fund now.

Edit: just looked again and this is a fund bundling together adopters, ending up with danish shipping company Maersk and microchip manufacturers Xilinx and Micron Tech being their largest positions. I cannot find info if and how much the fund has invested into the crypto companies you mentioned (RIOT, MARA, ARB and Microstrategy).

In any case, the main exposure to blockchain that this fund provides is not by owning crypto currencies but by buying into companies that are adopting blockchain technology in their internal processes.
    Last edited by Raffe; 15th February 2021 at 14:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Ahaa.

That sounds more like wishful thinking than analysis as most of those companies are trading at a substantial premium to the value of their crypto holdings. Difficult to maintain that if and when crypto takes a dive.

As always, it depends what you expect to happen - but if you think a drop is imminent I would certainly not buy the fund now.
    Now, now Raffe who needs logic when there's FOMO and sticking it too the man.

I have not bought any and don't intend to.

Thought it was interesting to find a blockchain fund.

It was a news story recommendation on the MarketWatch app.

The other one is "BOTZ" which is an AI and future tech fund....probably the safer bet of the two, but not available on HL. (Which is getting to be a common and frustrating theme...)

https://www.globalxetfs.com/funds/botz/

The other one is "BOTZ" which is an AI and future tech fund....probably the safer bet of the two, but not available on HL. (Which is getting to be a common and frustrating theme...)
    If you want an AI tech fund on HL you could try Wisdom Tree Artificial Intelligence ETF (INTL). I got into it a few months before COVID because I have a tech background and thought this area of tech, and the companies in the fund, would be a good long term bet. It’s up 90% since then, hyped no doubt but also because the generational change in attitudes towards tech in business has been accelerated by about five years due to Covid.

Absolutely not a recommendation, I know a lot more about technology than I do about investing.

Good shout Alfa, I'll take a look. Thanks.

Like the ticker name!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    If you want an AI tech fund on HL you could try Wisdom Tree Artificial Intelligence ETF (INTL). I got into it a few months before COVID because I have a tech background and thought this area of tech, and the companies in the fund, would be a good long term bet. It’s up 90% since then, hyped no doubt but also because the generational change in attitudes towards tech in business has been accelerated by about five years due to Covid.

Absolutely not a recommendation, I know a lot more about technology than I do about investing.
    My best fund by an absolute mile has been the Smith & Williamson Artificial Intelligence fund

Has around half in the US, with sectors relatively well diversified from beyond software and hardware into retail, consumer goods etc

Do your own research etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Ahaa.

Edit: just looked again and this is a fund bundling together adopters, ending up with danish shipping company Maersk and microchip manufacturers Xilinx and Micron Tech being their largest positions. I cannot find info if and how much the fund has invested into the crypto companies you mentioned (RIOT, MARA, ARB and Microstrategy).

In any case, the main exposure to blockchain that this fund provides is not by owning crypto currencies but by buying into companies that are adopting blockchain technology in their internal processes.

Yes. I thought that was what I said originally? It is a fund investing in blockchain tech.

After a couple of minutes thinking Yahoo and other stock websites were down.....I realise it's a bank holiday in the USA today.

And I had downed tools and rushed home for 14:30.......doh.

After a couple of minutes thinking Yahoo and other stock websites were down.....I realise it's a bank holiday in the USA today.

And I had downed tools and rushed home for 14:30.......doh.
    Ah that's why, I did the same thing thinking why nothing was changing.

Yes. I thought that was what I said originally? It is a fund investing in blockchain tech.
    I don't think investing into any of their top five holdings Xilinx, Micron Technology, A.P. Moeller-Maersk, Honeywell or Taiwan Semi means that you are investing in blockchain technology. You are investing into a company which is applying blockchain with some of their internal processes (Maersk, Honeywell) or are building semiconductors which are used in crypto mining and blockchain building. A lot of that is marginal at best in terms of contribution to their success today - to be determined if it one day will be substantial.

This is a bit like an ESG fund. Feels good to have it in the portfolio but what difference it will make to your future portfolio returns is depending on what you have chosen to believe.

Found a nice example of blockchain tech (this is from a December 2019 investor presentation, with the help of McKinsey):

Not saying your fund is prone to investing in fraudulent companies such as Wirecard - my point is you can dress up any kind of b/s as blockchain tech.