closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Everest sold out again?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    I wonder how many will end up flipped for quick profit on ebay?
    This just prompted me to think the same thing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265045427875

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    I hate that some people are just buying these watches to flip them and make profit, and because of them some of the people who really love the watch can't buy it for a reasonable price

Maybe Eddie should sell them on here first? And the longer you've been a member the further up the list you go :-)

Reward loyalty and all that!

Quote Originally Posted by cap_riccio View Post
    I hate that some people are just buying these watches to flip them and make profit, and because of them some of the people who really love the watch can't buy it for a reasonable price
    Yes this bothers me immensely, I’ve been trying for a long while to pick one up. Not to flip but because since seeing these I fell in love with the look and what Eddie has done. Yet it seems like everyone is getting one but me .. and the temptation to buy on the likes of eBay is of course there but I’m just feeding the resellers then.

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Yes this bothers me immensely, I’ve been trying for a long while to pick one up. Not to flip but because since seeing these I fell in love with the look and what Eddie has done. Yet it seems like everyone is getting one but me .. and the temptation to buy on the likes of eBay is of course there but I’m just feeding the resellers then.

Imagine how piqued long standing members feel when they can't order one. People who've had input into the detail of the watch over a period of time.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Imagine how piqued long standing members feel when they can't order one. People who've had input into the detail of the watch over a period of time.
    Flippers gonna flip (who'd have though there'd be a grey market for Time Factors?)

But what to do? Offer the first 100 to members who've been on here at least 10 years; the second 100 to members who've got 5 years' standing and the rest at +50% price to the open market?

I do feel sorry for Eddie -- victim of his own success and all that.

Presumably with the serial numbers recorded it's easy for him to see who the profiteers are, but short of going full "Rolex AD" the man just wants to sell watches with as little hassle as possible.

Apprentice
    Flippers gonna flip (who'd have though there'd be a grey market for Time Factors?)

But what to do? Offer the first 100 to members who've been on here at least 10 years; the second 100 to members who've got 5 years' standing and the rest at +50% price to the open market?

Presumably with the serial numbers recorded it's easy for him to see who the profiteers are, but short of going full "Rolex AD" the man just wants to sell watches with as little hassle as possible.
    I don't know about this. I've been looking at time factors watches for years, even reading the forum for a couple of years now, but I've just recently registered as a member, so I don't think using the membership to the forum as the only indicator would be totally fair.

Craftsman

Sounds very much like a rolex ad then.. only sell to people who meet certain criteria (ie minimum spend, long time loyal customers etc)

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I don't know about this. I've been looking at time factors watches for years, even reading the forum for a couple of years now, but I've just recently registered as a member, so I don't think using the membership to the forum as the only indicator would be totally fair.
    Join Date Jan 2021
    Posts 12

Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post
    Sounds very much like a rolex ad then.. only sell to people who meet certain criteria (ie minimum spend, long time loyal customers etc)
    Join Date Feb 2020
    Posts 265

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Join Date Jan 2021
    Posts 26

Suddenly a lot of new members have been fans for years. Who knew? ;-)

"Yeah, I saw them on their first tour, followed them around playing dingy pubs and clubs. Now I can't get a ticket for their sell-out stadium gigs unless I go to the touts and scalpers."

Umm, I didn't see you at any of those early shows.

Craftsman
    Pleasure to be of assistance.

Shortly afterwards I picked up a vintage Smiths W10 form the sales corner here so a good day all round.

if someone ever spots an expedition or a white dailed Everest please PM me!