closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches, High Quality to Price ratio

Hybrid View

Make that a 4th Nomos vote. It's definitely the brand from my little selection that surprised me most.

Craftsman
    TimeFactors
    Lorier
    Traska

I know what everyone is thinking, just another micro-brand pusher. I know there are a lot of micro-brands out there and more coming all the time, but there are a few that really offer a lot for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    TimeFactors
    Lorier
    Traska

I know what everyone is thinking, just another micro-brand pusher. I know there are a lot of micro-brands out there and more coming all the time, but there are a few that really offer a lot for the money.
    I was just looking at Traska's new model, daft name The Commuter, but the white dial version looks really rather nice and a very passable riff on the Rolex OP theme/style...shame they don't offer it in a non date version.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I was just looking at Traska's new model, daft name The Commuter, but the white dial version looks really rather nice and a very passable riff on the Rolex OP theme/style...shame they don't offer it in a non date version.
    That green dialed version is very tasty, good price for the specs as well.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Blog Entries
    My biggest surprise on quality-at-price-point has been Seiko, specifically the SPB "premium" range of Prospex divers. As wileeey has said above, the Great Blue Hole MM200 is really special (I miss mine) and in my view the new MM200 SPB185 is spectacular, particularly the case finishing, indices and handset. The top end of the Presage line (thinking enamel dials like the SPB069 which I've mentioned elsewhere) has some cracking value to offer as well.

I'm conscious all of these retail at or near the £1,000 mark, and as such one would reasonably expect jolly good quality - but I do feel that these Seikos offer especially good value both by virtue of the appeal of the designs, the features and the quality of the execution.