closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: EBAY ...HELP AGAIN !!!!!

EBAY ...HELP AGAIN !!!!!

Guys ...I should know this by now ...

Won an auction on ebay & he's refusing to send it - where do I stand ?

c£500-£550 camera.....PM'd him before auction end and offered £450 , he said he wanted £650 !!!

I've won the auction for a very low £370 !

He's messaging me all the way up to auction end and now after I win it , says there is a issue with it

Thoughts ?

Master
    Not much you can do really. You and/or Ebay can't force him to send it, even if you've paid.

It's typical for (some) people to get less than they wanted and then mysteriously the item has an issue, is lost etc.

Take a breath and move on...

Nothing you can do sadly. It’s happens to me before.
    Cheers..
    Jase

SydR
    Move on and look elsewhere.

It’s an often used excuse when an auction finishes at a low price and difficult to prove otherwise. If seller relists it as is you can let eBay know are they can potentially apply sanctions.

There was a case (involving a caravan, I think) where an eBay buyer sued a seller who refused to sell and won, but you would be utterly bonkers to even think about going down the legal route.

You could pay, wait for him to refund you, and then leave negative feedback. You might also be able to lodge a "non performing seller" strike with eBay.

Other than that, as others have said, walk away and look for another camera.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    There was a case (involving a caravan, I think) where an eBay buyer sued a seller who refused to sell and won, but you would be utterly bonkers to even think about going down the legal route.

You could pay, wait for him to refund you, and then leave negative feedback. You might also be able to lodge a "non performing seller" strike with eBay.

Other than that, as others have said, walk away and look for another camera.

Yes, there have been a number of “loss of bargain” cases. As Philip said the sane ones amongst us would just move on and leave negative feedback.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Nothing you can do sadly. It’s happens to me before.
    OP can report to eBay and leave negative feedback which he certainly should.
    Last edited by David_D; 15th November 2020 at 21:21.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    OP can report to eBay and leave negative feedback which he certainly should.
    Seller can dispute -ve feedback on basis there is an issue, so the item is not as described, and have it deleted.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Chalk it up to experience...move on...don’t get wound up over it.

Master
    Leave negative feedback and move on...

Master
    He would have been better cancelling transaction and saying item was broken or damaged, obviously everyone knows the real reason but at least it would be half credible rather than just refusing to post.

Craftsman
    It’s annoying for you but Like the others have said, nothing really you can do here. The seller is not willing to sell it for the price it ended on but hopefully they will start to realise it may not be worth the money they are looking for...

You could ask him to reconsider his asking price and maybe meet in the middle somewhere. Failing that keep on looking, for me half the fun is in search...

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    Seller can dispute -ve feedback on basis there is an issue, so the item is not as described, and have it deleted.
    Indeed he can, but if eBay are made aware of the OP's situation then maybe they'll likely take a dim view of a relisting.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    He would have been better cancelling transaction and saying item was broken or damaged, obviously everyone knows the real reason but at least it would be half credible rather than just refusing to post.
    That’s what he’s done. Said there was an issue with it.