Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

As a United fan it pains me to admit that this is not only funny but true:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    That's excellent !

z

Master
    City’s Twitter account suspended this morning for buying 5 million followers.

Dick.

2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

As a United fan it also pains me, but is that Venn diagram correct?

I really can’t remember school maths, but aren’t Manchester United, Prince Andrew and The Black Eyed Peas three discrete subsets of the set Useless Since Fergie Left with no intersections between the subsets? I’m more vexed by not knowing the answer to this than not signing Sancho, who we didn’t need anyway. Generally okay with signing van de Beek, although I thought the options in mf were pretty good already.

Keystone Kops defending

https://youtu.be/K2pdleFgnfU

https://youtu.be/A5xJcigC17Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    As a United fan it also pains me, but is that Venn diagram correct?

I really can’t remember school maths, but aren’t Manchester United, Prince Andrew and The Black Eyed Peas three discrete subsets of the set Useless Since Fergie Left with no intersections between the subsets? I’m more vexed by not knowing the answer to this than not signing Sancho, who we didn’t need anyway. Generally okay with signing van de Beek, although I thought the options in mf were pretty good already.

Keystone Kops defending

https://youtu.be/K2pdleFgnfU

https://youtu.be/A5xJcigC17Q

You don’t remember Prince Andrew in the black eyed peas???

Banned
    I just watched the video of Maguire taking out luke shaw in that phase. Hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    City’s Twitter account suspended this morning for buying 5 million followers.
    Tsk.
    Those pesky Everton fans again .

You don’t remember Prince Andrew in the black eyed peas???
    Was he the one that massacred Killing Me Softly and Mas Que Nada?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodguy View Post
    I just watched the video of Maguire taking out luke shaw in that phase. Hilarious

Definite penalty and should have been sent off! Also Shaw later for chopping Lucas Moura.

I wonder if Ivan is going to pop on and inform us that the attempted power grab by the two historical clubs is “good for the game “
    Looks like a shocking bit of news if true . Reports coming out that American backed clubs United and Liverpool are trying to shift the dynamics of the PL and cut it down to 18 clubs with less voting rights . Dreamt up by them two and the other four of the so called big six were informed on Thursday with the remaining clubs told on Friday .
    Utterly contemptuous pair .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I wonder if Ivan is going to pop on and inform us that the attempted power grab by the two historical clubs is “good for the game “
    Looks like a shocking bit of news if true . Reports coming out that American backed clubs United and Liverpool are trying to shift the dynamics of the PL and cut it down to 18 clubs with less voting rights . Dreamt up by them two and the other four of the so called big six were informed on Thursday with the remaining clubs told on Friday .
    Utterly contemptuous pair .
    Actually, aside from the contentious issue of voting rights there's a lot to be said for the proposal - especially the sharing of Premiership finances with the lower leagues. Why such a vitriolic response, aside from the fact that you despise the two clubs concerned?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Actually, aside from the contentious issue of voting rights there's a lot to be said for the proposal - especially the sharing of Premiership finances with the lower leagues. Why such a vitriolic response, aside from the fact that you despise the two clubs concerned?
    To be fair, not seen much positive reaction from any fans.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ower-grab.html

Master
    There’s some good ideas in it ;

Doing away with charity shield
    Doing away with the league cup
    25% Revenue going to the EFL per year.

Not so good ;

Reduce league to 18 from 20 ? See no reason for it especially when league cup now going so more free space.

Voting system with only 6 vote majority needed from 9 votes.

Given that the major European clubs are looking for a revamp of the Champions League in 2024/25, clearing a bit of space now would surely help... which do you reckon Liverpool, Man Utd etc would prefer? Bayern Munich or Burnley?

Clearly another attempt to try and pull up the ladder and increase the gap even further.

Come on !
    There are no good proposals in it, just a smattering of freebies dished out to EFL clubs to sweeten the deal. £20 away tickets and safe standing proposals to try and get fans on board.It’s being hammered on all sides as it should be. Do you honestly think this is good for the game?
    Six clubs to vote to change laws within the structure of the game?
    The Americans are all over this. It’ll be no relegation next, then a draft for the players.
    Mind you, Spurs might be in for a windfall from stadium rebates so I can see why it might appeal .
    For clarification, Ithink City are spuds deep in this nonsense too so my vitriol extends to the too. I just know it’s being driven by the Americans.

Blog Entries
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Blog Entries
    Just seen that there is now Skysports box office which will allow access to some EPL games at £14.95 per game ie the Newcastle/ Man U tonight there is also BT sports box office at the same money and that is even if you have a subscription to either platform

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/....html#comments

I’m saving mine for the Sheffield United v Fulham blockbuster instead .

Blog Entries
    I’m saving mine for the Sheffield United v Fulham blockbuster instead .
    I was going WBA/ Burnley on Monday night £14.95 no crowd no atmosphere and either Carragher or Neville droning on

Think I'll save my money. Both teams are not exactly lighting up the Premier league at the moment even tho I'm a Newcastle fan.

As for today's prediction I can't even hope for a result but the best I would guess is a bore draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Just seen that there is now Skysports box office which will allow access to some EPL games at £14.95 per game ie the Newcastle/ Man U tonight there is also BT sports box office at the same money and that is even if you have a subscription to either platform

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/....html#comments
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Think I'll save my money. Both teams are not exactly lighting up the Premier league at the moment even tho I'm a Newcastle fan.

As for today's prediction I can't even hope for a result but the best I would guess is a bore draw.

As I'm still getting charged for two season ticket via direct debits taken each month for matches I can't attend as well as subscribing to Skysports and BT there is no way I will be paying for PPV at £14.95. I have donated the £14.95 to the Newcastlewestend Food Bank instead. The plan is to watch Lewis Ritson and Joe Laws boxing on Sky tonight, avoid the score and watch "live" on MOTD at 10.25. Up the Mags

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    As I'm still getting charged for two season ticket via direct debits taken each month for matches I can't attend as well as subscribing to Skysports and BT there is no way I will be paying for PPV at £14.95. I have donated the £14.95 to the Newcastlewestend Food Bank instead. The plan is to watch Lewis Ritson and Joe Laws boxing on Sky tonight, avoid the score and watch "live" on MOTD at 10.25. Up the Mags
    Interesting that you're being charged. I have a Spurs ST and received a partial refund for last season which was used as a deposit for this season's renewal. No other funds have been taken, and there'd be complete uproar if the club tried to do so.

Master
    Blog Entries

Craftsman
    Interesting that you're being charged. I have a Spurs ST and received a partial refund for last season which was used as a deposit for this season's renewal. No other funds have been taken, and there'd be complete uproar if the club tried to do so.
    Loads of complaints have been lodged but it's typical Mike Ashley, the only club in the Premiership still taking payments. Since March for the 2020/21 season I have made 8 monthly payments out of 12. There are whispers that refunds may start soon but won't hold my breath.

Really ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I hope VVD is okay, Pickford should have been off. Robertson was lucky also. Should have had 3 points there.

That along with Pickfords challenge on vvd is just a few of the reasons VAR is pathetic.

Really ?

Really ?

Shouldn't that line be running parallel to the 18 yard line? If you draw it so, it suddenly looks more offside to me.

Man City leading a charmed life at half time. Ederson single handedly winning them the game. No idea why a pen wasn't given to Arsenal on the stroke of half time when Kyle Walker kicked the Arsenal player in the head! That'll be the last time we should hear from a City fan moaning about LiVARpool.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Man City leading a charmed life at half time. Ederson single handedly winning them the game. No idea why a pen wasn't given to Arsenal on the stroke of half time when Kyle Walker kicked the Arsenal player in the head! That'll be the last time we should hear from a City fan moaning about LiVARpool.
    It was a high foot rather than a kick in the head, Ryan. Are you watching with your Arsenal glasses on again?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Not gonna happen .
    My argument from day one of last season was VAR . Hasn’t changed .
    It’s a pile of washing

All i can say is VAR has ruined the game of football, no one knows when to celebrate, VAR officials never get the big decisions right and the offside and handball rulings since it has been introduced have made the game a joke...

Get rid of it for me...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    All i can say is VAR has ruined the game of football, no one knows when to celebrate, VAR officials never get the big decisions right and the offside and handball rulings since it has been introduced have made the game a joke...

Get rid of it for me...

Completely agree, it’s a shambles

VAR's not the issue, the people implementing it are. Video refereeing is used in other elite sport's, mostly successfully, so the issue is clearly the policies on how to implement VAR and the individuals making the calls real time.

2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    VAR's not the issue, the people implementing it are. Video refereeing is used in other elite sport's, mostly successfully, so the issue is clearly the policies on how to implement VAR and the individuals making the calls real time.
    And that’ll always be the problem, just get rid if it before it ruins the game for good...

I was always a voice for goal line technology up until that shocker that was Aston Villa V Sheff Utd last season but they even ruined that as well...

No one has any confidence in the system any more...

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Shouldn't that line be running parallel to the 18 yard line? If you draw it so, it suddenly looks more offside to me.
    The lines will obviously converge so won’t appear parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post

Get rid of it for me...

110% agree. Spoiling a game that I have been immersed in for over 40 years. They have turned it into FIFA computer game.

Master
    I can't understand how a VAR official can discern that Mane was offside before the Henderson goal yet couldn't see that GBH tackle on VVD. It beggars belief.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    If VAR offside decisions are supposed to be made to the millimetre, you'd think they might have some 4K (or better) images to work from. It all looks blurry when you see the pictures on which decisions are based.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    I can't understand how a VAR official can discern that Mane was offside before the Henderson goal yet couldn't see that GBH tackle on VVD. It beggars belief.

There were three shocking tackles yesterday.
    Pickford, Robertson’s and Richarlison s. Yet only the Everton strikers was punished.
    All three were straight reds .

Master
    Pickford, Robertson’s and Richarlison s. Yet only the Everton strikers was punished.
    Can't argue that.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Agreed.
    Never good to hear of a player being injured, certainly not one as good as Van Dijk.

Master
    Wow - that spurs game was crazy and what a strike to equalise!!!
    And finally a game where we are not talking about var

Funny how quick things change around last time out Utd were battered fast forward and a convincing win coupled with others around dropping points it’s going to be a crazy season

Master
    Our season just got a load more difficult with the van dijk news.

I would expect to see fabinho more often than not in CB now.

Hopefully don't miss him too much if thiago isn't injured too from the Everton game

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Up the Villa!
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

Mane should have gone with Richarlson as well, another one they got away with.

This aged well!!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    If VAR offside decisions are supposed to be made to the millimetre, you'd think they might have some 4K (or better) images to work from. It all looks blurry when you see the pictures on which decisions are based.
    Who decides when to freeze the image? The rule is when the ball is played forward, is that when it leaves the foot or part of the body, who knows but it's gone too far. They are ruining the game.