closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Skymans account been hacked?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Skyman, if you're reading this, have a chat with someone and come back when you're ready (if EP will allow).

You have undoubtedly acted like a prize turnip in the past but I am a great believer that people can change.

Life is short.
    I wouldn't want him to change-he was funny and whether he meant half of what he said i'm not sure and think he knew it would wind some of the membership up.

BTW Mick the Harry Enfield sketch is perfect for Skyman as is the "Only me" one for your good self.

Master

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Hope he's ok. I liked him.
    We had our spats but he was in your face not behind your back.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I like the ‘characters’ on the forum, if everyone was as dull as me it would be boring! Draw the line at the use of the F word though....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

There's too much being read into this IMO, and I don't care to speculate on what caused it but the simple fact is he crossed a line spectacularly and has paid the price. As said by myself and others this scenario has happened before and it will happen again.

Those hiding issues ALWAYS out themselves in the end, it's like they cannot help but get there eventually - dawson, TMS, taffy, burnsey, etc. - sharp folks will spot the signals early on but a lot clearly don't and it takes a big bang like this for it to become clear forum-wide that words on a screen give little evidence of what really lurks in the outside world.

I'm sure each of us has a member or two that they know from actual interaction differ significantly from the 'avatars' they portray here.

Bang on the money...

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    There's too much being read into this IMO, and I don't care to speculate on what caused it but the simple fact is he crossed a line spectacularly and has paid the price. As said by myself and others this scenario has happened before and it will happen again.

Those hiding issues ALWAYS out themselves in the end, it's like they cannot help but get there eventually - dawson, TMS, taffy, burnsey, etc. - sharp folks will spot the signals early on but a lot clearly don't and it takes a big bang like this for it to become clear forum-wide that words on a screen give little evidence of what really lurks in the outside world.

I'm sure each of us has a member or two that they know from actual interaction differ significantly from the 'avatars' they portray here.

Craftsman
    I don’t know him, but I didn’t find him particularly courteous or welcoming especially very recently. As you all saw last night. That said, if the guy is having personal issues then I wish him all the best. Life can kick you in the nuts sometimes and I hope whatever his issue is, he sorts it out.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Who knows he may come back with a new username.

I’m sure a few on here use a couple of usernames but are the same person!

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post

Indeed.

WRT Skyman, I've met him and found him to be a nice guy, he came across as sharp-witted and with a good sense of humour. I hope that whatever caused his recent outbursts is something he can overcome.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I honestly don’t understand why people use two usernames. Completely pointless. Maybe Henk could enlighten me

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Indeed.

WRT Skyman, I've met him and found him to be a nice guy, he came across as sharp-witted and with a good sense of humour. I hope that whatever caused his recent outbursts is something he can overcome.

R
    I’ve not met him but had several pm’s and I agree with what Ralphy has said
    Hope he’s well.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Indeed.

R
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I’ve not met him but had several pm’s and I agree with what Ralphy has said
    Hope he’s well.
    I’ve not met him but have chatted on the phone several times and he came across as an ok guy- His comments yesterday were totally out of character although sometimes he can come over a little brusque.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I do wonder what happens to these people that meltdown. I mean the guy had 8000 posts over 12 years, a spotless 3-page Heros&Villians record and although he was brash and very negative, played by the rules. Then after 12-years, all of sudden decides to go on a tirade of abuse directed at the site owner clearly to get a ban. Just like soundood, it's bizarre.
    In a population the size of TZ, I guess it's inevitable a few will have a "meltdown" (others may say "breakdown"). No-one is immune.

I think it’s a bit premature for talk of meltdowns - he prob just got fed up and thought I’ll just go down swinging. Only he knows though. Certainly a hell of a storm in a teacup about it though..

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I must be the only one that doesn't give a shit he has gone then.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Actually surprised that people are still banging on about it.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

"You gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em".

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    No, not not the only one. The guy was a bell end.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    No, not not the only one. The guy was a bell end.
    Glad somebody has said it
    Fortunately he's been on the ignore list for a while so I've missed the meltdown thing.

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

While I don’t wish him ill, I have to say that at the present time I am overwhelmed with indifference.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master

Master
    Blog Entries
    He had plenty of enemy’s on here as, let’s be honest, he was rather unpleasant to lots of people for being real reason. Eddies inbox prob exploded with people pointing out all the swearing, and continued swear after been reminded not to do it (as anyone can forget and swear in error).

He did sell the odd high end watch around here so that is something that will be missed.

Better keep an eye out for a new member called "Richman" or "G-Wag"..

Master
    Also, if you google TZUK the third result is a piston head thread Skyman started where he rubbishes the TZ-UK and the lack of moderation!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Better keep an eye out for a new member called "Richman" or "G-Wag"..
    My money's on "Stanley".
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Also, if you google TZUK the third result is a piston head thread Skyman started where he rubbishes the TZ-UK and the lack of moderation!!!
    Disappointing that even two years ago he was taking digs at the boss on another forum. Membership is optional, this isnt Hotel California! He and his trolls on ph seem obsessed with newbie’s and their questions. He wants to try Facebook for people ( not newbies) suggesting daft and often dangerous advice on a couple of bike forums I peruse.

Ps I think he finally lost it , when he posted a Wtb for an LV a day before the 2020 release. He was suprised that people actually cottoned on to what he was doing and commented thus.
    Last edited by higham5; 6th September 2020 at 08:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Just provide a link.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Just provide a link.
    https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...f=11&t=1769033

That thread says it all. The guy always held Mr P in low esteem, always thought TZ could be better run, always ran his mouth and frankly my only disappointment is he took so long to implode. Good riddance. What a twat.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Ah...makes sense now. He seemed to have a deep-rooted problem with TZ and even 2-years ago he was complaining that Eddie doesn’t moderate “anything but profanity”. He held some weird views, particularly against newbies. Makes total sense that he went for the ban by swearing.

Even if he secretly rehomes donkeys and knits woolly jumpers for orphans, oftentimes on here he acted like a troll, seeming to find enjoyment in belittling others and their choices, often whilst flaunting his wealth. I doubt he gave a sh*t about anyone else’s mental health whilst doing so.

I won’t miss him.

Many thanks.

Que sera, sera...

Has Skymans account been hacked?

Despite all the above, I will miss his watches and his unique style of input. I hope he finds peace.

I notice a few other members from here joining in on the criticism of Mr P and TZ. I think they might be keeping a low profile at present. They are also welcome to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I notice a few other members from here joining in on the criticism of Mr P and TZ. I think they might be keeping a low profile at present. They are also welcome to leave.
    Some very bizarre opinions on that thread. "Newbies having no respect for long-time members" - in these guys minds, I'm not sure what they imagine an internet forum is.

I also think they ought to look at somewhere like reddit where they have a massive problem with overzealous internet nerd mod/admins with hugely over-inflated opinions of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Even if he secretly rehomes donkeys and knits woolly jumpers for orphans, oftentimes on here he acted like a troll, seeming to find enjoyment in belittling others and their choices, often whilst flaunting his wealth. I doubt he gave a sh*t about anyone else’s mental health whilst doing so.

I won’t miss him.
    Seems an unpopular viewpoint here but +1 from me.

Christ, all the weeping and gnashing of teeth over the loss of an egotistical maniac with the range of social skills of a chimpanzee. The forum isn't run to your standards? Can't comprehend that people aren't all exactly the same as you? Problem solved, fling s**t everywhere!

It reminds me of the awful, sad loss of another one of the forum's "characters", I could copy and paste the above text in for him. Has the forum been nicer since he departed? You bet your ass it has, this will prove to be the same.

Blog Entries
    #136 & #137 spot on.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

My opinion of him, now that I know he is not in difficulty, is worse than anything that has been posted here.

But whenever there is a very public meltdown, I still think it makes sense for us to check as to their mental health first.

My opinion of him, now that I know he is not in difficulty, is worse than anything that has been posted here.

But whenever there is a very public meltdown, I still think it makes sense for us to check as to their mental health first.
    Sorry, did I miss something. How do we know He is not in some sort of difficulty

^No need to apologise.

I am simply suggesting that we check everyone is OK before assuming they are not in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post

I won’t miss him.
    This sums it up for me.
    He didn’t give a t**s about anyone else, he was an attention seeking T**t.

^No need to apologise.

I am simply suggesting that we check everyone is OK before assuming they are not in difficulty.
    His meltdown wasn't out of character though, it wasn't unusual. You could point to the swearing perhaps but it seems to me that was just to ensure a ban rather than an indicator of a break-down of sorts.

This is what happened: guy got sick of forum, guy committed account suicide. It's that simple, it's been done before, nothing new took place.

Edit: I see we aren't in total disagreement.

^Yep, and if you're right (which it looks like you are), then this thread is unnecessary.

I haven't jumped on Skyman so far as I have no ill will for him but that is an absolute liberty.

He makes use of the forum and snidely criticises it elsewhere.

I've been a member (and still am) of many widely differing fora and Eddies light touch over here is the best of any I've encountered.

Some people just like to moderated to within an inch of their lives.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Probably just a bad night/evening. Once you got a sense of who and how he was, it was actually fun to read his posts. I think that attitude of his was just a sham and a way of seeking attention. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is a thoroughly harmless day inoffensive person in real life

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if he is a thoroughly harmless and inoffensive person in real life
    He absolutely is. I met him a couple of years ago when he kindly agreed to drive about 70 miles to drop a watch off at my sisters house where I was staying.
    He was a very nice, humble, almost shy chap.

I think that because I’d met him, I was able to take his posts with a pinch of salt and see the humour that I think he intended much of the time. (Not all the time!)

Still no excuse for the PH rant or his meltdown on here (which I never saw)

I hope he’s ok.

Master
    Probably just a bad night/evening. Once you got a sense of who and how he was, it was actually fun to read his posts. I think that attitude of his was just a sham and a way of seeking attention. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is a thoroughly harmless day inoffensive person in real life
    Think the term is “keyboard warrior”.

He was certainly popular going by all out posts!

At times I feel like going off on some people here, or making a silly out of turn remark just to get their back up but I don't, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this sometimes, difference is Skyman did say what he thought with no filter or say a remark to instigate a reaction, oh well we all move on..

I wouldn’t be surprised if he is a thoroughly harmless day inoffensive person in real life
    Does that matter though? He was an absolute grade A weaponised ahole. He took great delight in spoiling many for sale threads for no other reason than he wanted to. People like him are part of the reason 'newbies' don't hang around long.
    He was the worst kind of wannabe bully, because on the internet people like him don't get called out like they do in the real world.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Could work both ways.