closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Artificer prototypes

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    My own Inge. The 'Tiffy', as I shall know it, is not intended as an homage to this exact model, but anyway - the hands are a similar length relative to the dial and I've never thought of the minute hand as too long.
    I'm still on the fence with this one. Some details just seem a bit off and it's hard to pin down the exact problem. I think the issue with the minute hand is not that it's too long: it's too fat. In fact in the photos it looks slightly thicker than the hour hand. It has too much visual "mass" which is probably why it appears too long to some.

It's probably too late in the process to play with such things, but I think the now silver linen dial might look good if the markers and hands were painted black (with the same white/green lume). Then the contrast date also wouldn't stick out so much. As it is, that contrast date doesn't look right at all: nothing else is black so it just draws too much attention to itself. An MM300-style brushed metal date wheel might look really good, but it also might fall into that uncanny valley where it almost matches the linen but doesn't quite, which looks worse than going with contrast. For the same reason, white would probably look odd too.

The waffle dial looks the most cohesive to me, but I don't find it compelling enough to really want one right now. The aventurine dial is interesting, but it's definitely not for me and I'm not convinced it really suits this type of watch.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    It's probably too late in the process to play with such things, but I think the now silver linen dial might look good if the markers and hands were painted black (with the same white/green lume).
    I think they look great just as they are - black would be too stark imho.

Eddie's changes of larger crown and white date wheel are the perfect tweaks.

PC