closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Mickey Mouse

Rolex Mickey Mouse

Without any intentions of starting a new debate on Rollies please enlight me a bit on what is with Rolex Mickey Mouse.
    What happened?
    Are those mods or factory made?
    I am asking because my wife heard the name and now she wants one and before anything I will love to know more about those.
    Thank you all in advance and please excuse my ignorance (especially when it comes to Rolex)

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk
    Last edited by marius; 19th July 2020 at 07:35.

Master
    I assume you are referring to fakes in general, readily available in places such as Turkey and Gumtree.

Master
    Most commonly they were faked and sold by certain discredited UK dealers.

Put her off the idea; it’s silly.

This has been debated often on the internet. A lot of Rolex fans have a view that they are all fakes and Rolex are somehow too classy to ever put Mickey Mouse on a dial. They certainly wouldn’t now but from the 50’s to the 80’s Rolex were only too happy to do custom dials. Company logos were common, the Dominos Pizza variants weren’t after market customisations, and most middle eastern ruling families had their own dials produced for them by Rolex. Rolex probably produced more “special editions” then than Bremont do now so I’m inclined to believe that there will be genuine Rolex Mickey Mouse watches out there. Finding one and proving it genuine before parting with cash will be difficult though.

Thank you all for the input
    I am reffering to these ones ...on ch24

https://www.chrono24.ro/rolex/mickey...goal_suggest=1

I rather like the Gerald Genta Mickey Mouse watches; the 'Rolex' ones not so much.
    ______

​Jim.

What does it matter if they are authentic or not? If your wife wants a Rolex with Mickey on the dial and you are able to find one that has been well done, using a watch that is otherwise genuine and in good condition and the price is OK, why not just buy it?

+1 SimonK
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    What does it matter if they are authentic or not? If your wife wants a Rolex with Mickey on the dial and you are able to find one that has been well done, using a watch that is otherwise genuine and in good condition and the price is OK, why not just buy it?
    Exactly my thoughts
    I might just do that

Master
    Just because a thing can be done does not always mean that it should be.

Still, if she wants it and you're both happy, knock thy good selves out!
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 19th July 2020 at 18:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

Still, if she wants it and you're both happy, knock thy good selves out!
    'Thy' may only be used when referring to one person, I am surprised thou didst make such a schoolboy error.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    'Thy' may only be used when referring to one person, I am surprised thou didst make such a schoolboy error.
    Love my English but that one had escaped me. Banked!

Journeyman
    There are certainly genuines out there, not sure if chrono is the best place to go. Rather sent certain dealers a message and see if they can find one for you.

An Italian fashion store owner I know had one bought for him by his wife, a date just I recall. On him it looked cool af. It should be more about buying what you like than what you are told to like, and if she loves it, go for it

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Without any intentions of starting a new debate on Rollies please enlight me a bit on what is with Rolex Mickey Mouse.
    What happened?
    Are those mods or factory made?
    I am asking because my wife heard the name and now she wants one and before anything I will love to know more about those.
    Thank you all in advance and please excuse my ignorance (especially when it comes to Rolex)

Rather than pay some, no doubt, huge price for a modded Rolex, why not get your wife one of these? It has the Roles 'look' with its Datejust style case and will no doubt be less hassle and and keep better time.

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Rather than pay some, no doubt, huge price for a modded Rolex, why not get your wife one of these? It has the Roles 'look' with its Datejust style case and will no doubt be less hassle and and keep better time.

Mitch
    A nice fromage to the Datejust.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

Mitch
    Damn. Now I want that.

Damn.

I have no association with it other than I found it interesting to read but these were taken of the book 'A man & his watch', available here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-His-Wat...s%2C167&sr=8-1

6489E00D-3D57-4642-A06C-09EBA416BA1E_1_105_c by Tom Peach, on Flickr
    99FEA838-4DD9-408E-9D41-EB87B0A20371_1_105_c by Tom Peach, on Flickr
    485303B4-279C-480B-B013-F06375321792_1_105_c by Tom Peach, on Flickr

I've never seen any in the flesh so can't comment on what they are like. The old Dominoes dials were for franchise owners and it details in the book how you got them. It has a few celebs named in there and what watches they have if it floats your boat. Was nice to see the inventor of the gshock has one.

Master
    The Popeye arms/hands one has always made me smile. Could never do it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tomp View Post
    I have no association with it other than I found it interesting to read but these were taken of the book 'A man & his watch', available here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-His-Wat...s%2C167&sr=8-1

6489E00D-3D57-4642-A06C-09EBA416BA1E_1_105_c by Tom Peach, on Flickr
    99FEA838-4DD9-408E-9D41-EB87B0A20371_1_105_c by Tom Peach, on Flickr
    485303B4-279C-480B-B013-F06375321792_1_105_c by Tom Peach, on Flickr

I've never seen any in the flesh so can't comment on what they are like. The old Dominoes dials were for franchise owners and it details in the book how you got them. It has a few celebs named in there and what watches they have if it floats your boat. Was nice to see the inventor of the gshock has one.
    Just got this book from amazon, very interesting book

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I know someone connected to Rolex in quite a big way that has a MM Rolex. Bought a few years ago and was hard to source. Apparently Walt Disney had a few made for his board of Directors.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    Just got this book from amazon, very interesting book

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    The do one named A Man and His Car too although I imagine it will be heavily geared towards the American market.