closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sourdough

Hybrid View

Master
    Damn, makes my version look really low rent! Might need to upgrade that too, mine is so flimsy & thin but good to know it works.

Need to work out what temp my heating mat runs at to see if I need to create some heat barrier to lower the temp.

1.5hrs with the oven light & I have bubbles forming. Not happy leaving the door jarred open overnight to keep the light on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Damn, makes my version look really low rent! Might need to upgrade that too, mine is so flimsy & thin but good to know it works.

Need to work out what temp my heating mat runs at to see if I need to create some heat barrier to lower the temp.

1.5hrs with the oven light & I have bubbles forming. Not happy leaving the door jarred open overnight to keep the light on though.
    Mine was a little weak, had trouble maintaining 30 degrees. I replaced the heating with a stronger one (reptile mat) and added an electronic thermostat.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Mine was a little weak, had trouble maintaining 30 degrees. I replaced the heating with a stronger one (reptile mat) and added an electronic thermostat.
    Ok that is a very interesting addition. Thank you for sharing, looks like what I may need to perfect proving without it all getting daft.

Cheers

Master
    I’m not having any issues with my starter at ambient room temperature. Feeding it with 50g either white or wholemeal flour and the same weight of water at roughly the same time each day, only pouring away approx one third if i’m not making a loaf in the coming days.

Why are people throwing starter away?

It makes exceedingly good fried bread - just pour what you don't want into a storage vessel and keep it in the fridge, (it'll keep for a week). When you want to use it heat your frying pan, add a little oil and pour in your saved starter. Fry gently, turning once or twice for really tasty fried bread.

Oh, and I've found that Atta Flour, (Chapati Flour), is even better than wholemeal as a feed for your starter.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.