closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rental property woes

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Wow that is crazy and must have been horrible for you to deal with. How long did they stay? He must have had previous form to get jail time!
    You are correct. They were good tenants otherwise. But he was what the police termed an "up & coming criminal'. At the mention of his name their ears pricked up, otherwise I doubt the case of my missing boiler would have been solved. Police said 'give him a few years & we won't be able to touch him because he'll be getting his lackeys to do the business.'
    Last edited by trident-7; 9th June 2020 at 21:22.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    You are correct. They were good tenants otherwise. But he was what the police termed an "up & coming criminal'. At the mention of his name their ears pricked up, otherwise I doubt the case of my missing boiler would have been solved. Police said 'give him a few years & we won't be able to touch him because he'll be getting his lackeys to do the business.'
    That’s is a pretty scary story for anyone considering becoming a landlord. My parents have a buy to let and have had hassle free tenants for maybe 6 years. They have kept the rent the same because they would rather keep a good tenant.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    That’s is a pretty scary story for anyone considering becoming a landlord. My parents have a buy to let and have had hassle free tenants for maybe 6 years. They have kept the rent the same because they would rather keep a good tenant.
    Something to be said for that. Wasn't too bad because the insurance paid for everything but I thought it inconsiderate, even for a criminal, not to turn the water off first.

We had 3 current tenants until just before the lockdown. One moved out middle of March but I allowed the remaining two to remain paying 2/3 of the rent. They had offered to leave otherwise. Glad I did because I'd have had an empty house for the last 3 months. Plus these guys are good tenants and I now have improved goodwill with them. 3rd tenant joining them on 15th June so all worked out well.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Something to be said for that. Wasn't too bad because the insurance paid for everything but I thought it inconsiderate, even for a criminal, not to turn the water off first.

We had 3 current tenants until just before the lockdown. One moved out middle of March but I allowed the remaining two to remain paying 2/3 of the rent. They had offered to leave otherwise. Glad I did because I'd have had an empty house for the last 3 months. Plus these guys are good tenants and I now have improved goodwill with them. 3rd tenant joining them on 15th June so all worked out well.
    Glad it worked out okay for you in the end!