closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I do love a CWC

I do love a CWC

I am quite taken with my new acquisition it’s in the best condition of one of these I have seen. I had to re-jigg my watch boxes as a result (OCD is great isn’t it) so thought I would take a quick group pic during half time in the Ire V Wal game

With a few more British issued watches

Lastly with a few homages

I did have another CWC chrono but it seems to have gone missing...

Marvellous collection!

I would be seriously tempted by a quartz chrono if it weren't for the date complication and if it had a polished case.

Sent from my SM-G970F using TZ-UK mobile app

Nice collection!

Congrats on a very fine collection.

Thanks gents
    I might do a group shot of my US issued watches next.

Craftsman
    I have a G10 and an SBS Diver, and I'd honestly get by very well with just those two. Covers pretty much any need that might arise apart from the limitations of the fixed bars.

Craftsman
    Nice collection. I really lean toward the military/field watch. I currently have Hamilton Khaki mechanical, Smiths PRS-29A, Smiths PRS25 black dial 36mm. I know that the Everest is not a military watch but certainly can go out in the field. The other watch I have is the Serica WWW.WMB edition. If you have never heard of the Serica check it out at www.serica-watches.com/en. I only have one dive watch and that is the Baltic Aquascaphe in blue gilt, but I am considering selling it to fund the new Timor Heritage field watch on Kickstarter, which is another great watch as it is an almost exact re-issue of the Timor dirty dozen watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Thanks gents
    I might do a group shot of my US issued watches next.
    This would be a good time! Let's see them!

I do love a CWC

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    This would be a good time! Let's see them!

Here you go.

The UK issued watch collection has grown since I first posted this in February. I will need to do an update

That’s some collection

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKARM View Post
    That’s some collection
    Wow! Agreed, that is an amazing collection! At a rough count, I suspect that you have enough (I suspect that you have even more!) there to wear one for each week of the year.

Can you tell me - what is the small silver cased watch with the black strap that is below the Maple leaf Marathon diver with the orange strap and also what is the one at the very bottom of the picture with dark green strap, plain black face and coin edged case?
    Thanks

Master
    Blog Entries
    that is some collection,dare I ask how many watches you have?

Cheers gents
    The collections sits at 65 currently wearable watches with a number in the project pile.
    The small black faced watch with coin edge bezel and green canvas strap is a Waltham A11 from 1944. It was the standard issue pilots watch for the US Army Air Corps (USAF)
    The small grey cased watch with black strap
    Is a Hamilton General Service watch from 1988 this one was NOS complete with original box. I think these Hamilton’s offer the best value in the issue watch market currently. I picked this one up for less than the brand new current reissue about 2 years ago.

Craftsman
    Cheers gents
    The collections sits at 65 currently wearable watches with a number in the project pile.
    The small black faced watch with coin edge bezel and green canvas strap is a Waltham A11 from 1944. It was the standard issue pilots watch for the US Army Air Corps (USAF)
    The small grey cased watch with black strap
    Is a Hamilton General Service watch from 1988 this one was NOS complete with original box. I think these Hamilton’s offer the best value in the issue watch market currently. I picked this one up for less than the brand new current reissue about 2 years ago.
    65?! That's just showing off!! On a serious note - Thanks for the reply. I do rather like that Waltham and the Hamilton General Service is rather nice also but interestingly looks more modern. No doubt this company had inspiration from the original when they made this -

http://www.militarywatchshop.co.uk/w...g10-pro-diver/

I quite liked it at first but when compared to the original I think the GWS G10 looks a bit tacky maybe although I suspect as an everyday 'modern' piece it is probably ok as long as you don't own any 'proper' historic watches as you do.

65?! That's just showing off!! On a serious note - Thanks for the reply. I do rather like that Waltham and the Hamilton General Service is rather nice also but interestingly looks more modern. No doubt this company had inspiration from the original when they made this -

http://www.militarywatchshop.co.uk/w...g10-pro-diver/

I quite liked it at first but when compared to the original I think the GWS G10 looks a bit tacky maybe although I suspect as an everyday 'modern' piece it is probably ok as long as you don't own any 'proper' historic watches as you do.
    If you you like the look of this sort of watch get over to broadarrow.net (MIlitary Watch Resource)
    They often pop for sale. As I say the 1980s US issued Hamilton’s are still cheap compared to most military watches now.
    Others to look out for are the general service Marathon (the all black watch) and the stocker and Yale equivalent (the all green watch) these are also good quality and good value (if you can live with the plastic case) both should be <£150

Craftsman
    If you you like the look of this sort of watch get over to broadarrow.net (MIlitary Watch Resource)
    They often pop for sale.
    Thanks again! I've just had a look and registered on the mwrforum and had a quick read around some of the topics. Looks right up my street although I suspect I may loose many, many hours reading and researching - a whole new hobby!

Craftsman

CWC RN diver - luminosity?

Just a quick query - what is the luminosity like on the CWC divers range? It seems that everyone rates Seiko divers in this regard so how does the CWC compare? Is the CWC divers good enough for all night brightness do you think? Any difference between the MK1 and MK2 versions?
    Many thanks.

Just a quick query - what is the luminosity like on the CWC divers range? It seems that everyone rates Seiko divers in this regard so how does the CWC compare? Is the CWC divers good enough for all night brightness do you think? Any difference between the MK1 and MK2 versions?
    Many thanks.
    The modern L dialled quartz are great for lume. Very bright and long lasting, up there with most seiko. (Seiko have recently introduced a newer lume formula which is the brightest I have ever seen)
    The reissues are also really bright and long lasting with a lumed bezel. The only exceptions is the early L dialled automatics from 2012 these are utter pants in the lume department. I will try and get a comparison shot up a bit later.
    As a side note the last of the T dialled watches are still readable at night.

Craftsman
    The lume on my 2018 Diver is as good as, if not better than the lume on my Seiko SKX. It's also considerably better than the 2014 SBS I used to have, despite both of them having the same 'L' marked super luminova.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The modern L dialled quartz are great for lume. Very bright and long lasting, up there with most seiko. (Seiko have recently introduced a newer lume formula which is the brightest I have ever seen)
    The reissues are also really bright and long lasting with a lumed bezel. The only exceptions is the early L dialled automatics from 2012 these are utter pants in the lume department. I will try and get a comparison shot up a bit later.
    As a side note the last of the T dialled watches are still readable at night.
    Thanks - That's good to know. On that basis I think I'm going to search for newer pre owned quartz.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    The lume on my 2018 Diver is as good as, if not better than the lume on my Seiko SKX. It's also considerably better than the 2014 SBS I used to have, despite both of them having the same 'L' marked super luminova.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Thanks also for your reply - Seiko SKX's get a good review on their lume so that will be good for me!

A quick and dirty comparison photo
    Left to right as follows:

1980 reissue (with dark brown lume)
    2012 Auto Diver (pants lume)
    Skx007
    Marathon JSAR (because I am wearing it and it has very bright lume)
    Seiko Tuna with new formula Lume (as you can see its super bright)

They were all left in the sun at the same time for 5 mins and moved to the darker room together. The room itself was not particularly dark
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 20th May 2020 at 17:03.

Craftsman
    A quick and dirty comparison photo
    Left to right as follows:

1980 reissue (with dark brown lume)
    2012 Auto Diver (pants lume)
    Skx007
    Marathon JSAR (because I am wearing it and it has very bright lume)
    Seiko Tuna with new formula Lume (as you can see its super bright)

They were all left in the sun at the same time for 5 mins and moved to the darker room together. The room itself was not particularly dark
    I see what you mean about the 2012 example but the others are excellent and the Seiko Tuna is amazing! The Marathon almost looks like the hands has tritium tubes. Thanks very much for taking the time to do the comparison - very helpful.

Craftsman
    Thanks again! I've just had a look and registered on the mwrforum and had a quick read around some of the topics. Looks right up my street although I suspect I may loose many, many hours reading and researching - a whole new hobby!
    Does anyone know how long it takes for your account to be activated on the mwr forum? I registered a week ago and I used the activation link which confirms my joining. I have since enjoyed reading the threads but at the moment cannot reply to any comments as I do not have sufficient privileges.
    Thanks

Does anyone know how long it takes for your account to be activated on the mwr forum? I registered a week ago and I used the activation link which confirms my joining. I have since enjoyed reading the threads but at the moment cannot reply to any comments as I do not have sufficient privileges.
    Thanks
    Have your tried logging off and then back on?
    Dave is usually pretty hot on sorting things like this.

Craftsman
    Have your tried logging off and then back on?
    Dave is usually pretty hot on sorting things like this.
    Thanks for your reply - I've just tried that and sadly no joy! I've contacted the admin to see if they can have a look at my account.