closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown easing?

Quote Originally Posted by eoghan101 View Post
    Isn't this just the ROI plan?

Surprised if the plan for England makes any mention of GAA. Pretty niche sport here.
    Somebody listed this exact same list a week ago on my ex-work WhatsApp group, and someone said then it was ROI.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Isn't this just the ROI plan?

Surprised if the plan for England makes any mention of GAA. Pretty niche sport here.
    I have no idea - just thought I'd share it as something for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I'm reliably informed that this is what will be announced on Sunday.
    It'll be interesting to see how "in the know" the source was
    This list has been doing the rounds for a while now, and general consensus is, if genuine, it's an Irish government publication.

Last edited by Ruggertech; 8th May 2020 at 18:00.

Master
    Indeed. Apart from anything, we don't use km in the UK.

I bloody hope so Tony, I’ve been going stir crazy not being able to play golf

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Indeed. Apart from anything, we don't use km in the UK.
    And 5km to 20km for what? There hasn't been actual distances stated either in km or old money.

Master
    I'd really like to see restrictions eased, assuming the signs support it, but I do wish the brain dead people who are acting as if social distancing isn't a thing could be educated (possibly by taser ).

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I'd really like to see restrictions eased, assuming the signs support it, but I do wish the brain dead people who are acting as if social distancing isn't a thing could be educated (possibly by taser ).
    Or cattle prods

Craftsman
    Yeah it's the plan for Ireland. Although having also read Scotland's exit plan. It reads very similarly to this.

Hardware shops didn’t have to close in the U.K.

Craftsman
    One way to look at it is the UK is already on phase 1. So me t measures are likely it be similar to phase 2. Adjust the time scale for Monday and the next phase would begin three weeks later.

Let’s wait till Sunday........

Just back from walking the dog, nice to see quite a few Union Jacks hung from windows and bunting, did see a few people sitting outside the front of their houses and neighbours doing the same on the other side of the street. There was a group of about 4 different households sitting in chairs on the edge of the park but with decent space between them but their houses front the park so I’ll let them off today.
    Last edited by TBKBABAB; 8th May 2020 at 19:02.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Rob Roberts, Welsh Tory MP , has now deleted his tweet from 15th March.

Anyone have any idea why?

(Courtesy of James O'Brien via twitter)

FB_IMG_1588779947012 by Simon Gee, on Flickr
    Coronavirus, the gift to the opposition that keeps giving.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Hardware shops didn’t have to close in the U.K.
    Also, did "Construction workers, landscape gardeners and other outdoor workers" cease work here?

Depends how you categorise plumbers, chippies, sparks, gas, kitchen fitters, tilers, have all been working and been allowed to do so.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

One way to look at it is the UK is already on phase 1. So me t measures are likely it be similar to phase 2. Adjust the time scale for Monday and the next phase would begin three weeks later.
    It’s definitely out of lockdown for a lot of people, they have read the daily mail (or was it the express?) and taken that as gospel, or they just think they are exempt. They should be taken to task by the government for spreading rumours that in the end could result in deaths.

I really hope this attitude doesn’t mean another spike in 2 weeks time.

Lockdown easing?

The plan above is the RoI plan as they use the term ‘cocooning’ instead of the term ‘shielding’ used here in the UK.

The problem with the above is that it is predicated on the eventual development of a vaccine, which is not a given.

We’ve yet to see the harms of a prolonged lockdown such as this emerge, though in my area of mental health services I’m already starting to see the impact on patients’ mental states and we are planning for a surge in cases as the weeks and months unfold.

In some ways it’s possible to see the government’s message as being too successful as public opinion has polled as reluctant to ease the current restrictions, for what in the vast majority is a mild respiratory illness. Some form of enhanced shielding for the most vulnerable and a relaxation for the rest doesn’t seem to be an option on the table as yet. With all these things it’s helpful to maintain some perspective but that seems lacking with all the talk of ‘war’ on something that will only ever be ‘defeated’ when either most people have been infected or a successful vaccine is developed. Only one of those two options is a given.

*apologies for the punctuation as Tapatalk is to blame.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    It’s definitely out of lockdown for a lot of people, they have read the daily mail (or was it the express?) and taken that as gospel, or they just think they are exempt. They should be taken to task by the government for spreading rumours that in the end could result in deaths.
    You may like to think that the press just makes stuff up but that's really not how things work, a spad will contact a friendly lobby correspondent throw them a few ideas (which everyone is desperate for) those ideas get published to see the reaction they get, they then adjust decisions as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    I bloody hope so Tony, I’ve been going stir crazy not being able to play golf

You and me both. That said our course looks in fabulous condition.

Indications are that it will start soon, with restrictions. I am guessing Tuesday (or when it’s raining).

But.....

You have to book a tee time and arrive a max of 10 minutes before tea off.
    You have to book the range and practice area.
    Only 3 people allowed on putting green.
    Two balls only.
    Clubhouse shut.
    Only one person in the pro shop at a time - he is also operating a one way system.
    No touching flags, no racks and no ball cleaners. Shallow cup.

pretty much everything that was in place 7 weeks ago!

It seems crazy that it was permitted to have groups of people in supermarkets, sweaty people out riding their bikes, etc, but small groups of people standing in the middle of a field were not. Same goes for anglers.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post

I really hope this attitude doesn’t mean another spike in 2 weeks time.
    We have not seen spikes in other countries which have eased their lockdowns. Assuming of course that they are reporting cases. If a spike would have occurred I would have expected it in a China, S Korea, yet nothing, zip, nanda.

Or am I being cynical

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

German R0 when they started easing restrictions was 0.75. Now it is 0.6 so it is spreading even less than when they were in lockdown.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Tony, so, with all due respect, why preface this announcement as “I am reliably informed”? As if you had inside intelligence. Makes you look a bit needy to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Tony, so, with all due respect, why preface this announcement as “I am reliably informed”? As if you had inside intelligence. Makes you look a bit needy to say the least.
    Only to you, Simon.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Only to you, Simon.
    Copy and paste, copy and paste.

I’ve heard from a reliable source who heard from a very reliable source who heard it from someone who knows someone
    who works for the Guardian that from Monday you will be allowed to exercise twice a day. However to avoid overcrowding in public areas if you want to run, cycle or walk your dog you will have to do one of them on a golf course.

I’ve heard from a reliable source who heard from a very reliable source who heard it from someone who knows someone
    who works for the Guardian that from Monday you will be allowed to exercise twice a day. However to avoid overcrowding in public areas if you want to run, cycle or walk your dog you will have to do one of them on a golf course.
    The funny thing is, that because we have a number of public footpaths on the course, that is exactly what has been happening. Fortunately no bridleways 😀

Friedrich Nietzsche

Lockdown easing?

Well, I'm reliably informed that this is what will be announced on Sunday.

Government's roadmap to ease Covid-19 restrictions will be set out in 5 phases. These phases will be on 3 week review process, the current phases would commence on the following dates:

Phase 1 - 18th May
    Phase 2 - 8th June
    Phase 3 - 29th June
    Phase 4 - 20th July
    Phase 5 - 10th August

If coronavirus cases begin to increase, we will revert to the restrictions set out in the previous stage.

PHASE 1

Phase 1 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Construction workers, landscape gardeners and other outdoor workers may return to work
    Garden centres, repair shops and hardware stores may reopen
    Fitness & sport activities (non-contact) in small groups (max of 4 people) may resume (golf included)
    People may meet up with friends and family in small groups outdoors (size of a "small group" is defined as up to 4 people)
    The majority of regular health services will resume
    Outdoor public amenities and tourism sites may reopen (beaches & mountain walks)

*NOTE - social distancing guidelines will remain in operation for all

PHASE 2

Phase 2 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Restriction will be extended from 5km to 20km
    Specific retail hours will be allocated for those currently cocooning
    Home visits will be allowed to those cocooning, by a small number of persons for a short period of time
    Up to 4 people may visit another household for a short period of time
    Slightly larger family gatherings at funerals will be permitted (limited to maximum safe social distancing can still be applied)
    Solitary workers and workers that can maintain social distancing can return to work
    Small retail outlets that can control staff and customer numbers and maintain social distancing may reopen
    Public libraries will reopen
    Outdoor sporting activities, involving small group training (no matches) can recommenced (no contact still allowed)

PHASE 3

Phase 3 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Commence opening of creches and pre-schools for children of essential workers
    Commence a phased approach to visiting at hospitals and other healthcare settings
    Businesses where employees have low levels of daily interaction may reopen
    Phase in the opening of all other non-essential retail outlets, restricting customer numbers and applying social distancing (limited to retail outlets with street level entrance and exit, i.e. not in shopping centres)
    Playgrounds will be reopened
    'Behind closed doors' sporting events may recommence
    Cafes and restaurants may reopen as long as social distancing is maintained

PHASE 4

Phase 4 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Travel will be extended to outside of your region
    Larger household visits will be permitted
    Small social gatherings will be permitted (baptisms, small weddings etc.)
    Creches and pre-schools will reopen for all other children
    Other employees return to work - beginning with those who cannot work remotely and then staggering the working times to ensure social distancing
    Barbers and hairdressers may reopen
    Museums and other cultural outlets may reopen
    Sports teams (GAA & soccer) may recommence and public swimming pools may reopen
    Hotels and other hospitality units may reopen based on limited occupancy. Hotel bars are to remain closed.

PHASE 5

Phase 5 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Social gatherings will be permitted except for large gathering and gatherings in households of suspect cases
    Schools and colleges will reopen on a phased basis and will recommence in the new academic year
    Normal hospital and other residential setting visits will be allowed
    All employees may return to work on normal onsite arrangements, except organisations that cannot maintain social distancing plans
    Enclosed shopping centres may reopen
    Tattoo and piercing parlors may reopen
    Cinemas may reopen
    Close contact physical sports may recommence (rugby, boxing etc.)
    Gyms and dance studios may reopen
    Mass sporting events may recommence where social distancing can be maintained
    Indoor recreational venues may reopen (bowling, bingo etc.)
    Small festivals and other outdoor cultural events may resume
    Tourist travel to offshore islands may resume

It'll be interesting to see how "in the know" the source was
    Looks very like the Irish roadmap - see post 43
    Last edited by smalleyboy1; 8th May 2020 at 20:42.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Reliably informed my backside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Somebody listed this exact same list a week ago on my ex-work WhatsApp group, and someone said then it was ROI.

I did wonder as the use of "region" didn't sound very UK. Italy can now visit relatives "in your region" so it seems travel restrictions are likely to remain for a while for visiting people.

Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    Looks very like the Irish roadmap
    Yes, I understand that to be the case now. Crossed wires somewhere, it seems, but Ive told me mate that he owes me a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    The funny thing is, that because we have a number of public footpaths on the course, that is exactly what has been happening. Fortunately no bridleways 
    Just realised haven’t seen anyone riding a horse since this started, used to see one once or twice a week before, hope
    it doesn’t have anything to do with the initial panic buying and hoarding of food.

Italians are allowed back into their offices now (our HQ is in Milan) although it is akin to working in a biohazard zone as you need to wear a mask, have those coverings on your shoes, hand sanitise every 30 mins etc. Most people in our Milan location are therefore choosing to continue working from home.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I did wonder as the use of "region" didn't sound very UK. Italy can now visit relatives "in your region" so it seems travel restrictions are likely to remain for a while for visiting people.
    Yes, other than immediate and local family I cant see any change coming before the autumn.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I understand that to be the case now. Crossed wires somewhere, it seems, but Ive told me mate that he owes me a pint.
    Not a very reliable source was he?

Just returned from a walk in the local park with the children, lots of sunbathers and the occasional I presume picnic taking place. One bloke with two adult presumably children treated us all to his outbursts to his kids about the sunbathers "F***ing breaching the lock down rules" and how he was sticking to it doing his daily exercise.

Not sure swearing as loud as possible is the best way to voice your anger to the behaviour of others but each to their own I suppose.

Not a very reliable source was he?
    Time for your lie down, Simon, there's a good boy

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No need to deflect from your faux pas. You posted fake news. Care to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Coronavirus, the gift to the opposition that keeps giving.
    Maybe Ian, or perhaps a reflection on the intelligence qnd judgement of our elected representatives?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No need to deflect from your faux pas. You posted fake news, by your own admission. Care to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post

Not sure swearing as loud as possible is the best way to voice your anger to the behaviour of others but each to their own I suppose.
    What is? I have politely pointed out to 4 adults with 3 kids all together, with the adults sun bathing, that they
    weren't exercising and was subjected to a torrent of abuse back.

I then called the police, well I took my phone out and pretended to make a call, at the same time
    someone who lives next to the park shouted at them to leave in rather fruity terms, they did leave
    within a couple of minutes.
    Last edited by TBKBABAB; 8th May 2020 at 21:03.

Maybe Ian, or perhaps a reflection on the intelligence qnd judgement of our elected representatives?
    Is he Welsh?

Dunno, does it matter to you?

Dunno, does it matter to you?
    It was just a question but you seem a bit tetchy about it.

What is? I have politely pointed out to 4 adults with 3 kids all together, with the adults sun bathing, that they

I then called the police, well I took my phone out and pretended to make a call, at the same time
    someone who lives next to the park shouted at them to leave in rather fruity terms, they did leave
    Each to their own, I was out walking with my children I would rather not hear someone fing and blinding about sunbathers nor would my children.

I guess who are we to want to take our daily exercise in peace?

Blog Entries
    More a reflection on the infallibility of hindsight and it’s use by a vengeful media and opposition perhaps?

Other views are available of course.

If you want to drive, you’re the one who will be blamed if you crash. It doesn’t matter if you skid on black ice that should not have been there, it’s still your fault.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries

Exercise?
    To be honest, the families I’ve seen wandering aimlessly and lurking around on the public footpaths, on the farmland where I would normally walk with the dog, mostly look somewhat unsure about what they ought to be doing. Apart from knowing it’s their right to be doing it of course!
    I’ve actually stopped going there as it’s too busy for comfort.

It was just a question but you seem a bit tetchy about it.
    I could not care less. I don't see why you are asking which is why I asked if it mattered. Would you prefer if he was Scottish?

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Exercise?
    To be honest, the families I’ve seen wandering aimlessly and lurking around on the public footpaths, on the farmland where I would normally walk with the dog, mostly look somewhat unsure about what they ought to be doing. Apart from knowing it’s their right to be doing it of course!
    I’ve actually stopped going there as it’s too busy for comfort.
    That’s because for a majority of the population “exercise” involves driving somewhere and ‘walking for a bit’ perhaps to an ice cream van or gift shop/cafe.
    The concept of going to a park or other outdoor location to not sit down is quite alien to them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    If you want to drive, you’re the one who will be blamed if you crash. It doesn’t matter if you skid on black ice that should not have been there, it’s still your fault.
    Of course, but rather galling to be criticised by those who cannot drive, never predicted the ice, and were telling you that you needed to get there as quickly as possible. 😂