closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had THE call

Journeyman

Anyone had THE call

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had been offered any watches during the lockdown?

I’m assuming that AD must have had allocations from before the shutdown and commissions to earn.

Thanks

Not personally, but there has been a number of people on some of the Facebook pages getting the call. They have been having to pay anything from 50% to 100% and will collect the watches when AD’s reopen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LondonRolex19 View Post
    Hi all,

I’m assuming that AD must have had allocations from before the shutdown and commissions to earn.

Thanks

Argos Ormskirk have let me know that they will hold a new Timex for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by al1786 View Post
    Not personally, but there has been a number of people on some of the Facebook pages getting the call. They have been having to pay anything from 50% to 100% and will collect the watches when AD’s reopen.

How does that work, screams scam to me?
    We don’t know when or if shops are opening, how are these folk paying for watches to stay protected?
    CC would provide some but unsure about no delivery date tbc?

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Seriously?! Amazing how times have changed .

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Seriously?! Amazing how times have changed .

Simon
    It's about building a relationship - when I go in for a hose or a set of batteries, I always make sure that they know I'm not a flipper or that stuff is not going straight on ebay.

It's about building a relationship - when I go in for a hose or a set of batteries, I always make sure that they know I'm not a flipper or that stuff is not going straight on ebay.
    Aye, but try getting on the list for a Pulsar Chrono. They’ll laugh in your face.

I had the call last week from WOS if i am interested in gmt master rootbeer .
    What they ask is to pay 50% deposit and 50% when you collect .100% upfront is for all steel watches .
    I declined politely as don’t know how long this lockdown will last and if WOS survives as bigger companies then WOS will have problems due to COVID19

Is it not debit card payment there looking for and not accepting credit cards?

Link what i got is creditcard payment .
    I think they accept both .

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy#1 View Post
    Is it not debit card payment there looking for and not accepting credit cards?

Master
    Got the call...Tesco now have toilet roll in stock...need it reading threads like this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomolwi View Post
    I had the call last week from WOS if i am interested in gmt master rootbeer .
    What they ask is to pay 50% deposit and 50% when you collect .100% upfront is for all steel watches .
    I declined politely as don’t know how long this lockdown will last and if WOS survives as bigger companies then WOS will have problems due to COVID19
    You made the right call. Who knows what state WOS books will be in after COVID19.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmalone View Post
    You made the right call. Who knows what state WOS books will be in after COVID19.
    Superb first post

Christ, people must be so bored tonight.

Master
    I’ve seen a few on FB groups as well where AD’s have called to say watches are in.

I’d imagine with everything shut down at the moment any 5711 or SS Daytona will be even harder to get going forward, the likes of steel Royal Oaks, Aquanaut’s, Pepsi, skydweller‘s and hulks still quite hard to get, but for just about everything else prices will drop going forward. Maybe not RRP but I think the days of buying X and knowing you can sell at a profit if need be will be soon gone. Might take some months to trickle through but I think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Got the call...Tesco now have toilet roll in stock...need it reading threads like this.
    Do they have bread flour?

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=turbomolwi;5383437]I had the call last week from WOS if i am interested in gmt master rootbeer .
    I declined politely as don’t know how long this lockdown will last and if WOS survives as bigger companies then WOS will have problems due to COVID19[/Qi

i don't think it would last long.

Start washing for atleast 2 min instead of ordering toilet rolls

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    How does that work, screams scam to me?
    We don’t know when or if shops are opening, how are these folk paying for watches to stay protected?
    CC would provide some but unsure about no delivery date tbc?
    Some mentioned payment by bank transfer, some say they paid by card. Apparently the card payments may have been processed by a third party if this is the case section 75 protection in the event of problems is not clear cut.

How di you wangle that? You must have an insider!

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I got the call from Tescos I had gotten my click and collect a month out and needed to get there within the hour,I only just made it.

great service they brought the stuff over to me in a vacant part of the car park when they went I loaded,I was even nervous doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Aye, but try getting on the list for a Pulsar Chrono. They’ll laugh in your face.
    You just have to spend some big money at the Elizabeth Duke counter. I am told that £20 will get you a large bag of glittery stuff; cubic zirconia. Enough to keep SWMBO in presents for the rest of her life.
    Last edited by Templogin; 13th April 2020 at 23:33. Reason: Added wit - hardly

Craftsman

Laings

Quote Originally Posted by LondonRolex19 View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks
    Been telephoned a couple of times over the last couple of weeks by Laings, informing me of their Pre owned watch sale and that they had some Rolex professional models in the lineup. Overpriced dealer inventory and looking at the stock levels with the sale now finished, appears they sold Fk all of anything.

I got offered a Pepsi a couple of days before the lockdown.

Unfortunately I had to turn it down.
    I've got no idea how things are going to pan out when this is all over.
    So it didn't make sense to spend £7750 on a watch.

Master
    I asked my local Goldsmiths for a DSSD/EXP2 in January....last week I had a call offering me a DSSD.

Craftsman
    still waiting for the call on a sub no date, been about 18 months now which seems like a long time?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    still waiting for the call on a sub no date, been about 18 months now which seems like a long time?
    Now is a good time to follow up with your AD if you’re still in a position to buy. As others have mentioned, quite a few people in Facebook groups have been getting the call.

After tonight's news I'll be hanging onto my money. Wouldn't risk paying up front in the current situation IMO.

Master
    After tonight's news I'll be hanging onto my money. Wouldn't risk paying up front in the current situation IMO.
    What is tonight's news?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Recession saying the economy could shirk by upto 35%.

Master
    Do you have a link?

I have seen a predicted shrink of 12.8% this years from OBR. Followed then by 17.9% growth in 2021. Haven't seen the 35% number so keen to read up on it...I have not been on top of all the news today so could have missed that.

This is what sky news says which includes my figures above.

Wither it's correct or not I don't know just saw it earlier.
    The Guardian: Rishi Sunak 'deeply troubled' by OBR warning of 35% fall in UK GDP.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...fall-in-uk-gdp
    Last edited by Shuggy#1; 14th April 2020 at 21:21.

Master
    Just seen it on Sky News. They say OBR say 35% drop in Q2 followed by quick rebound. Hence the total for the year of 2020 nowhere near the 35%...anyway....back to watches and getting those calls!

Craftsman

Bounce

The reports have also gone on to say that economy’s Worldwide will see a bounce back when the pandemic crisis is under control but from a 35% drop that would not be hard.

Consumer confidence has taken a hard punch and with nearly 2million Uk mortgages holders asking for a payment holiday never mind the numbers asking for credit card payment delays and the furloughed employees wondering if their job will still be there when this is over, then the UK alone is looking at a slow climb back to pre Covid levels, if that level ever returns!

The implications for the watch market, whether New or Secondary is solely dependent upon consumer confidence, the willingness and ability to spend.
    Last edited by Flasher; 14th April 2020 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    The reports have also gone on to say that economy’s Worldwide will see a bounce back when the pandemic crisis is under control but from a 35% drop that would not be hard.

Consumer confidence has taken a hard punch and with nearly 2million Uk mortgages holders asking for a payment holiday never mind the numbers asking for credit card payment delays and the furloughed employees wondering if their job will still be there when this is over, then the UK alone is looking at a slow climb back to pre Covid levels, if that level ever returns!

The implications for the watch market, whether New or Secondary is solely dependent upon consumer confidence, the willingness and ability to spend.
    It is not looking good.

Journeyman
    Mr paul thorpe has been on about this subject.
    I wonder if they actually have the watches or are just trying to drum up business for the watches they have in the vault that theyve been holding onto....

Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    I wonder if they actually have the watches or are just trying to drum up business for the watches they have in the vault that theyve been holding onto....
    I dont think we will ever find out the answer to that one.
    Last edited by Shuggy#1; 15th April 2020 at 10:28.

Apprentice
    Called last week....the SS sub date I was told 2 months ago there was a 1-2 year waiting list on and basically laughed out of the shop, well I bought it this morn....funny how these lists have suddenly all disappeared!

Quote Originally Posted by crispyshark View Post
    Called last week....the SS sub date I was told 2 months ago there was a 1-2 year waiting list on and basically laughed out of the shop, well I bought it this morn....funny how these lists have suddenly all disappeared!
    I hope you negotiated a hefty discount?

Apprentice
    I paid RRP.

I paid RRP.
    OMG! That's awful to hear.

I turned down a bi metal Daytona at £14k ouch 50% upfront mapp and Webb. well she said she was from Mapp Webb calling from a mobile phone working from home trying to drum a load of money ready for when the doors open again.

I declined

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

I paid RRP.
    You were robbed
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

I dont think we weill ever find out the answer to that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    I wonder if they actually have the watches or are just trying to drum up business for the watches they have in the vault that theyve been holding onto..

Probably Grey dealers sending them back unused as can’t make any money on them now

This time last year I was informed rather loftily by the shiny new manager at Goldsmiths Trafford Centre that my previous spend would need to exceed £85k to qualify me for a CHNR. You can start with that Explorer in the window he laughed. "Be quick though it won't be there long".

Now his team are sat at home with telephony headsets on all day grinding their way through lists of names trying to take payments for watches that will (may) be available to collect when the lockdown is over.

Quite a delicious irony.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    This time last year I was informed rather loftily by the shiny new manager at Goldsmiths Trafford Centre that my previous spend would need to exceed £85k to qualify me for a CHNR. You can start with that Explorer in the window he laughed. "Be quick though it won't be there long". Now his team are sat at home with telephony headsets on all day grinding their way through lists of names trying to take payments for watches that will (may) be available to collect when the lockdown is over. Quite a delicious irony.
    Proverbs 16:18

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    This time last year I was informed rather loftily by the shiny new manager at Goldsmiths Trafford Centre that my previous spend would need to exceed £85k to qualify me for a CHNR. You can start with that Explorer in the window he laughed. "Be quick though it won't be there long".

Now his team are sat at home with telephony headsets on all day grinding their way through lists of names trying to take payments for watches that will (may) be available to collect when the lockdown is over.

Quite a delicious irony.
    I had a very similar experience at the same store when enquiring about a LV, I had around £20k purchase history with the group (though admittedly not that branch) that they could see on their screen and the guy basically laughed and tried to sell me a Milgauss that I didn’t want!
    If you are local to the area I cannot recommend Moodys of Nantwich enough, such nice people.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

Verse 8 caught my eye while looking that up:

"Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right."

Well it is certainly a reversal of Biblical proportions

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Do you have a link?

I have seen a predicted shrink of 12.8% this years from OBR. Followed then by 17.9% growth in 2021. Haven't seen the 35% number so keen to read up on it...I have not been on top of all the news today so could have missed that.

This is what sky news says which includes my figures above.

Just looked at this graph. Pretty shocking; negative growth was double that under the Spanish flu, compared to negative growth of 1944 during the Second World War.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglybug View Post
    I had a very similar experience at the same store when enquiring about a LV, I had around £20k purchase history with the group (though admittedly not that branch) that they could see on their screen and the guy basically laughed and tried to sell me a Milgauss that I didn’t want!
    If you are local to the area I cannot recommend Moodys of Nantwich enough, such nice people.
    I called in to DMR after that encounter, it was like night and day, sensible people not confusing their status with that of the brand they represented and a CHNR ordered with a 1k deposit, collected a couple of months later.

Heard good things about Moodys as well so thanks for reminding me.