closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Easy Link

Rolex Easy Link

I've done a search but can't find anything here but thought I'd share this bit of practical info I've used. Having sourced a glidelock bracelet for my GMT last year and discovered it fits but makes the watch unbalanced I was looking for a way to adjust the bracelet without tools.

The Rolex GMT bracelet and Sea Dweller both accept the Rolex easy link that gives you ~5mm of tool free adjustment. I ordered one for my 2002 GMT 16710 and having picked up a 2002 SD tried it on there too (it fits) and thus have ordered one for my SD also.

The Rolex part number is (8)32-23043-D1

The 8 is in parentheses as Hugh Rice's Rolex system didn't have the 8 so it took some finding second time around (ordered over the phone).

Master
    I wasn't familiar with the part until I got my Milgauss. I wondered if it would provide a solution for my Air-King which needs a sprin bar tool to carry out a small adjustment.

How much was it?

EDIT: I think the reference begins B not 8.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    I've done a search but can't find anything here but thought I'd share this bit of practical info I've used. Having sourced a glidelock bracelet for my GMT last year and discovered it fits but makes the watch unbalanced I was looking for a way to adjust the bracelet without tools.

The Rolex GMT bracelet and Sea Dweller both accept the Rolex easy link that gives you ~5mm of tool free adjustment. I ordered one for my 2002 GMT 16710 and having picked up a 2002 SD tried it on there too (it fits) and thus have ordered one for my SD also.

The Rolex part number is (8)32-23043-D1

The 8 is in parentheses as Hugh Rice's Rolex system didn't have the 8 so it took some finding second time around (ordered over the phone).

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I wasn't familiar with the part until I got my Milgauss. I wondered if it would provide a solution for my Air-King which needs a sprin bar tool to carry out a small adjustment.

How much was it?

EDIT: I think the reference begins B not 8.
    you may be right on the reference front, I’ve only looked at the tiny packet with my (distance) lenses in but the guy in Hugh Rice stated theirs was missing either and simply started “32”.

The part was £63 which isn’t cheap but the adjustment (for me at least) is worth every penny.

Master
    you may be right on the reference front, I’ve only looked at the tiny packet with my (distance) lenses in but the guy in Hugh Rice stated theirs was missing either and simply started “32”.

The part was £63 which isn’t cheap but the adjustment (for me at least) is worth every penny.

Thanks. I've also seen one reference B32-20193-D1. I wonder what the difference is? Size would be an obvious one but, anyone know?

So what exactly does the part consist of?

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    So what exactly does the part consist of?
    It like a small fold over clasp in the end link within the clasp that gives 5mm of adjustment without a tool. Not as elegant as the glide lock with its multiple adjustment points but certainly makes the old rattly bracelets a bit more comfortable and practical.

It like a small fold over clasp in the end link within the clasp that gives 5mm of adjustment without a tool. Not as elegant as the glide lock with its multiple adjustment points but certainly makes the old rattly bracelets a bit more comfortable and practical.
    Thanks. I have the EZ link on my 214270, was just wondering what part of it your £63 gets. Having googled, it seems to be not the clasp, just the folding link and seat, correct?

Thanks. I have the EZ link on my 214270, was just wondering what part of it your £63 gets. Having googled, it seems to be not the clasp, just the folding link and seat, correct?
    Must be. You won't get a clasp for £630 let alone £63.

Yes, correct. For £63 you get a very small piece of steel comprising an end link and a folded over bit.

Honestly though, if your only way of adjusting the clasp previously was a paper clip or spring bar tool then this is a godsend. Like I say, my first Rolex experience was the glide lock bracelet and it’s great, going back to the 5 digit references bracelets is like stepping back into the dark ages so the easy link is £63 well spent (first world problems, I know...)

Master
    You must have a good relationship with your AD as I seem to remember reading somewhere that these are not easy to get hold as a stand alone part.

I'm also surprised to see parts apparently being made available like this. Is there a link to the Hugh Rice parts system please? I couldn't see anything on their website.

Would like a Milgauss GV outer case back if that was possible...

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

Back on topic, can confirm the easy link works a treat

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

First time with my GMT I went in so they could see the watch (and confirm it’s legit I guess) and only they have access to the parts index in store.

Yesterday I called as I can’t get there for a while and they were reluctant initially but more willing when they found my purchase record and understood that I had a vague idea of what I was talking about.

Master
    First time with my GMT I went in so they could see the watch (and confirm it’s legit I guess) and only they have access to the parts index in store.

Yesterday I called as I can’t get there for a while and they were reluctant initially but more willing when they found my purchase record and understood that I had a vague idea of what I was talking about.
    So as long as you have a watch with an Easy Link they will supply you without it being an exchange? Just need to get my story straight when I try my AD!

I had no easy link to exchange, just ordered the part and swapped out the original part myself.

Master
    I had no easy link to exchange, just ordered the part and swapped out the original part myself.
    Oh, so you just had to show any Rolex? Definitely want one now I know that aren't too ridiculously priced. I suspect a bog standard SS Oyster link would be £50.

I suspect a bog standard SS Oyster link would be £50.
    £42, ashley.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    £42, ashley.
    Good guess, mind! 😁

Master
    Thanks. I've also seen one reference B32-20193-D1. I wonder what the difference is? Size would be an obvious one but, anyone know?
    Brushed center link. The OP has a polished center link.

The part no is just 32-20193, the D1 at the end denotes the type of blister and the amount of parts therein.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Brushed center link. The OP has a polished center link.

The part no is just 32-20193, the D1 at the end denotes the type of blister and the amount of parts therein.
    No I have a brushed centre link, the ref no came direct from the packet it arrived in (still in the GMT box)

Ridiculously cheap and great upgrade for any 5 digit Rolex :) I used it on Seadweller for a long time...

Master
    No I have a brushed centre link, the ref no came direct from the packet it arrived in (still in the GMT box)
    The part number 32-23043 is for an ez link fitting bracelets for 116400 and 116200 amongst others, so polished middle.

I have vistied 3 AD's in the hunt for an easylink, 2 of which I have spend decent amounts with. They all say it not available for order.

I bought a 72600 bracelet for my 126710 BLRO and found I needed it for the attachment of the bracelet to the original 126710's clasp. Would love to be able to get one at a reasonable price. The last one I saw on ebay went for over £300!!!

The part number 32-23043 is for an ez link fitting bracelets for 116400 and 116200 amongst others, so polished middle.
    I bow to your superior knowledge of Rolex ref no's, having just had a closer look it transpires mine is the polished centre link after all since it lives under the clasp and only a tiny portion is polished I just hadn't noticed... (off to phone Hugh Rice to see if I can swap it lol)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some photos would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Some photos would be interesting.
    Marginally better scale photos below
    Last edited by tiny73; 23rd January 2020 at 13:13.

Open:

Closed:

Master
    Very interesting. I have a new Oyster Perpetual 39 which doesn't come with the Easylink.

For that price, retro fitting it seems like decent value to me although my clasp is different from what you show in the pics. I wonder if I'd need to buy the whole clasp?

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
    Very interesting. I have a new Oyster Perpetual 39 which doesn't come with the Easylink.

For that price, retro fitting it seems like decent value to me although my clasp is different from what you show in the pics. I wonder if I'd need to buy the whole clasp?
    Works with newer clasps without holes as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Works with newer clasps without holes as well.

Cheers Rajen!

Master
    Picture of the part in Rolex packaging on this forum https://forums.watchuseek.com/f319/f...d-4686137.html (apologies if linking to another forum is poor form)

The Ref is indeed B32-23043-D1

Master
    Interesting, I have an easy link that is in another oyster style bracelet from a Wancher explorer type watch. Might move that across to my 14060M to give the flexibility.

Or maybe order a proper one when we get the call about my wife actual explorer being in stock for her 40th. We will then have a watch that has the part, and ordering a ‘spare’ might be simple enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main thing as I understand it is to use an AD with a parts account which not all have.

Master
    The main thing as I understand it is to use an AD with a parts account which not all have.
    If they can't buy bracelet parts, they're not an AD...

If they can't buy bracelet parts, they're not an AD...
    That’s not strictly true. A number of AD’s will have a central AD within their ownership that operates the account, including the parts account. That does not mean that each of the individual stores that do not operate their own parts account is not an official AD.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    That’s not strictly true. A number of AD’s will have a central AD within their ownership that operates the account, including the parts account. That does not mean that each of the individual stores that do not operate their own parts account is not an official AD.
    I didn't say the needed their own account. Just that they all can buy bracelet parts, and in fact, should stock more than a few of them.

This is of no use to anyone but you’re allowed to laugh at me...

Not too long ago and being new to Rolex, I was getting really frustrated at the bracelet on my Milgauss and the need to faff about when my wrist warmed up a bit in the afternoon. So, I decided to pop back to the AD and get them to stick another link back in it for me. Which they were only too happy to do.

Anyway, I then decided it was too lose and that I’d rather put up with the afternoon tightness, rather than the jangling around thing. Off back to the AD I trotted.... only for salesperson B to show me the wonders of the Easylink. Doh!

Yes, it’s definitely a very good thing and worth every penny

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Has anyone else managed to order one of these before I go into my AD and get a withering look and refusal (as per usual!)?

Journeyman
    Go for jubilee!

Master
    Has anyone else managed to order one of these before I go into my AD and get a withering look and refusal (as per usual!)?
    I did! Good decision. I can now get the bracelet on my (old style) Air King just right.