Quote Originally Posted by Dent99 View Post
Even without a "note of intent" they will NOT automatically change the dial and hands as you claim. You'd get an estimate stating their recommendations before giving them the go-ahead.

Regarding the hands... just because the lume does not glow does not mean the hands have to be changed. Otherwise we'd be talking automatic tritium dial replacements also.

I don't wish to imply you're being a pedant so I will say you are making too literal an interpretation. Like saying all faded bezels MUST be changed.

I'm taking about lume that is cracked, partially missing, moisture damaged and spreading debris about the dial. Rusty or corroded hands etc. You know, stuff that really should be changed if people weren't insistent upon originality regardless of poor condition.
Fair enough, just that there is a lot of stories of watches having service parts without owners consent, hence why a letter included or wrote down at time of booking it in stating what you want, I would be nervous if I sent my 14060 in..