closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Neil Peart - Gone

Hybrid View

Master
    Great band grew up with them RIP Neil one of the greatest drummers of all time!

Best band ever. Best drummer ever.

Really sad, sad news.

This was their last song from their last studio album. Very appropriate here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAxtFSpHxts

RIP the legend.

Great article of Neil Peart from LA Times.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-Ka0T3O9og3Hf8

A very sad day. A real shock.

Saw him many times over the years and he was never less than excellent.

Of all the things I love about Rush, the obvious real friendship between Neil, Geddy and Alex was a joy.

Neil went though several hardships in his life and has been taken far too soon. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Another one of the good guys gone.

Mark

(Don't mind admitting I am emotional writing this)

Master
    Well - at the moment I'm not upset, not devastated. Sad for Neil's family, sad for Neil that he had to cope with this this last few years. We've known for a long time that they wouldn't tour or record again and I was happy enough with that, and yet this feels like the moment it all comes to an end, perhaps because there's a finality and certainty that the actual end of Rush, revealed gradually from rumours and interpretations, didn't have.

One day in January 1977 my friend's mum showed me into his bedroom. He was playing a new copy of All The World's A Stage on his 'record player'. It's not an exaggeration to say that that was a life-changing moment, though I didn't realise it at the time. I saw them about 25 times in all, starting with the first British tour in 1977, and ending with the last one in 2013.

And now, 43 years later, that's a final lid on it.

Shortly I'll be taking my new winter bike for its first ride. I shall call it Neil, and today I will attempt 67 miles in memory of a remarkable man.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I saw them about 25 times in all, starting with the first British tour in 1977, and ending with the last one in 2013.
    Yea I saw them first, doing 2112 at Hammersmith Odeon, Christ they were loud. Been to see them a few times since. I sat over the top of Neil at Wembley a few years ago, simply amazing. Such a great loss to music. One hero I would really like to have met.