closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things you find on local Facebook Buy And Sell Pages (Patel Philippe content)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    If you buy an iPhone you support two out of the three of these anyway. Not an justification, just an observation.
    China factory and Congo coltane mines.

The overalll of this thread is that we are pillaging and plundering our plant and fellow humans for material goods, I type this on my iPhone and I’m sure lots of other things I own are produced in less than favourable manner, It’s a sad really..

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post

I use Simpson brushes who are by appointment to the Queen.
    Now I have a mental picture of Brenda fixing her bikini line.

Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    No, you’re absolutely right. It can all be totally excused. What was I thinking? There’s no reason to have regard to anything except your own lot. It’s all such a lark.

Thanks for setting me straight. A lesson I will never forget.
    Hey, let's all be sarcastic to hide the fact we have nothing of substance to add to the discussion.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    Hey, let's all be sarcastic to hide the fact we have nothing of substance to add to the discussion.
    You could literally piss irony, couldn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    You can wear it while in holiday without worrying about theft! (Except if it gets physical...)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Point number one is that buying shaving brushes made with badger hair funds an industry which has been shown to involve tremendous cruelty. Which is a repulsive industry and certainly not necessary.

You attack someone else for not looking at the consequences of their purchase whilst doing the self same thing.

Point number two.

From Simpsons own website ...."Due to badgers being a protected species in North America and most of Europe, the largely successful appearance of quality synthetic bristle shaving brushes has now opened up an alternative & very functional product."
    And.."A synthetic shaving brush is ideal for those who are worried about the provenance of badger hair & those seeking a luxuriously soft shave with relatively little maintenance."

So they even say synthetic brushes are a viable alternative. And if "Due to badgers being a protected species in North America and most of Europe.." where do you think the badger hair they use comes from?

Also from Simpsons site, "Simpson also procures a High Mountain White Manchurian Badger, used in our Special & Limited Edition brushes only."

Now Manchuria is in China I believe.

From Peta's website. "PETA Asia eyewitnesses visited multiple badger farms across China, which exports badger-hair brushes to countries worldwide. On every farm, they documented hellish living conditions, including being confined to cramped wire cages and often suffering from severe, untreated injuries."
    https://support.peta.org/page/6750/a...1?locale=en-US

So I'd like to know where exactly you think the. "protected sources that do not involve cruelty" actually are and how they operate. Because I don't think you have a clue about them.
    Anyone who buys anything is more than likely causing some form of pollution or unattractive activity in some part of the world. It is impossible to go through your life and be 100% free of environment or exploitive guilt.

What we can do however is buy as "clean" as possible and Simpsons had to verify a multitude of questions backed up with proof on the manufacture and supply of their brushes. They only received the coveted award of by appointment to the queen because they can prove ethical sourcing. Therefore by buying from Simpsons I have bought one of the cleanest brushes possible. They may not be perfect but they are more perfect than most.

By the same token, I now buy most of my clothes from Selfridges because their buyers are prepared to pay a premium in order to buy from ethical sources. Again not perfect but better than most.

I am currently sitting in my Spanish villa which took an aircraft journey to get here, I have in this room a TV and wifi routet which are all very dirty along with a multitude of gizmos which have probably caused some form of pollution. I have, however, leather sofas which are cleaner than man made materials and a 120 yr old Kurdizstani rug which must have a very low footprint. So it is all about pluses and minus with which you must be familiar with.

The point about buying a fake watch is that it is 100% certain to fund money laundering and all that goes with it and bears no relation to buying a badger hair brush from a verifiable source, you were just trying to start one of your usual unnecessary arguments over anything you can.
    Last edited by Mick P; 14th October 2019 at 12:32.

Blog Entries
    Anyone who buys anything is more than likely causing some form of pollution or unattractive activity in some part of the world. It is impossible to go through your life and be 100% free of environment or exploitive guilt.

What we can do however is buy as "clean" as possible and Simpsons had to verify a multitude of questions backed up with proof on the manufacture and supply of their brushes. They only received the coveted award of by appointment to the queen because they can prove ethical sourcing. Therefore by buying from Simpsons I have bought one of the cleanest brushes possible. They may not be perfect but they are more perfect than most.

By the same token, I now buy most of my clothes from Selfridges because their buyers are prepared to pay a premium in order to buy from ethical sources. Again not perfect but better than most.

I am currently sitting in my Spanish villa which took an aircraft journey to get here, I have in this room a TV and wifi routet which are all very dirty along with a multitude of gizmos which have probably caused some form of pollution. I have, however, leather sofas which are cleaner than man made materials and a 120 yr old Kurdizstani rug which must have a very low footprint. So it is all about pluses and minus with which you must be familiar with.

The point about buying a fake watch is that it is 100% certain to fund money laundering and all that goes with it and bears no relation to buying a badger hair brush from a verifiable source, you were just trying to start one of your usual unnecessary arguments over anything you can.
    Actually I was showing your hypocritical stance to the OP.

But if your only reply is to accuse me of starting an unnecessary argument because I disagreed with you fine.

You still haven't told me what the 'ethical sourcing' means. I have told you what sourcing in China means, which is where they source.

What were the "multitude of questions backed up with proof on the manufacture and supply of their brushes" which they had to answer? Can't see anything about it.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Actually I was showing your hypocritical stance to the OP.

But if your only reply is to accuse me of starting an unnecessary argument because I disagreed with you fine.

You still haven't told me what the 'ethical sourcing' means. I have told you what sourcing in China means, which is where they source.

What were the "multitude of questions backed up with proof on the manufacture and supply of their brushes" which they had to answer? Can't see anything about it.
    Ok from now on I will ignore any unfounded, ill informed rubbish you want to publish, that way I won't get sucked into a totally pointless discussion.

If you want to find out the award criteria of the Royal Appointment procedure, then write to them.

You can easily find out the definition of ethical sourcing from CIPS.

That's it, bye bye Mr OAK.

Blog Entries
    Ok from now on I will ignore any unfounded, ill informed rubbish you want to publish, that way I won't get sucked into a totally pointless discussion.

If you want to find out the award criteria of the Royal Appointment procedure, then write to them.

You can easily find out the definition of ethical sourcing from CIPS.

That's it, bye bye Mr OAK.

Fine by me Mr POST, if you can't supply the information to back up your statements as usual.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibo View Post

I thought my point was pretty clear. Avoid fake goods but don't try and pretend that genuine items don't have any impact.
    Indeed

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...hey-are-beaten

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Not the only example, the death toll from factory collapses or unsafe working conditons is astounding.

But its the sadly human nature,
    People want stuff, particularily if it one ups their peers.
    People want to spend as little as possible to get said stuff
    People are to lazy to repurpose or maximize life of said stuff
    Companies need to make those sales figures and if they can cut costs on where they are made, labour or materials they will.

Sadly, we can try and be ethical, but unless we are willing to dip into out wallets a bit more, be a little less throwaway or even go without, nothing will change.

And its not just the root of modern day slavery, our high streets would be less desolate, and our relationship at Rolex ADs would be better if it wasn’t our need for cutting corners and spending as little as possible.

Master
    Take it along to a RedBar event and check how many notice it's a fake

Destroy both that watch and this thread