closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Touch screen controls in cars, are they dangerous?

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I regularly alter temperature, fan speed, airflow direction etc during a journey, especially if you have the fan on high for initial demisting.
    A lot of cars have Auto temp control, set temp/airflow before setting off and no need to touch it again, I would imagine cars with touchscreen control have this facility. Still at a loss to understand what they are all fiddling with!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    A lot of cars have Auto temp control, set temp/airflow before setting off and no need to touch it again, I would imagine cars with touchscreen control have this facility. Still at a loss to understand what they are all fiddling with!
    I do.

It makes a world of difference whether you have the sun shining on you through the glass or not.
    Also a change in humidity affects your perception of temp.
    And that is just two aspects.

I gréatly prefer a simple slide of turn knob I can faff with without looking. Same thing the fan as well as where it blows to.
    I háte the touchscreen of the family vehicle. It even automatically combines certain óther settings with particular ones which you then have to unselect and then I am lucky I cán choose that!
    Just give me three knobs or three slides and an on/of button for airco.

Master
    Well I have my Auto set at 22c and I very rarely touch it, too hot and it brings in the AC, too cold and the hot air blowers are ramped up all helped by the sensors placed all round the interior. I can honestly say I rarely touch anything apart from the indicator stalk and occasionally setting the wipers to Auto.

What if you want to turn the temperature down ??
    Is that fiddling or getting it just right for the occupants ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    What if you want to turn the temperature down ??
    Is that fiddling or getting it just right for the occupants ?
    From trial and error I have found that 22c is ideal for me, it is a dual zone system so if the passenger needs to adjust their side they are quite capable of doing so without any fiddling from me.

From trial and error I have found that 22c is ideal for me, it is a dual zone system so if the passenger needs to adjust their side they are quite capable of doing so without any fiddling from me.
    I bet there was plenty of fiddling going on with your trial and error then ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I bet there was plenty of fiddling going on with your trial and error then ?
    Oh yeah, but not when Ime driving which is why I like the new systems that can all be set up prior to driving.

I am struggling to understand what there is to adjust when you are on the move.
    Radio station?