closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TZUK Running Club

Hybrid View

I may have mentioned this before, but my Hoka One One SpeedGoat trail shoes are outstanding. They're very light, extremely cushioned and comfortable, and handle the gravel and dirt trails with aplomb. Mine are first generation, but now they offer the SpeedGoat 3, which is said to be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I may have mentioned this before, but my Hoka One One SpeedGoat trail shoes are outstanding. They're very light, extremely cushioned and comfortable, and handle the gravel and dirt trails with aplomb. Mine are first generation, but now they offer the SpeedGoat 3, which is said to be even better.

Jazzy!

What are they like on the road? I tend to do mixed runs so need somthing that can do everything - havent found that magic shoe quite yet

Quote Originally Posted by Equus View Post
    Jazzy!

What are they like on the road? I tend to do mixed runs so need somthing that can do everything - havent found that magic shoe quite yet
    Not sure how the sole lugs will hold up, but I love mine for short treks on the pavement...very nice ride.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Equus View Post
    Jazzy!

I’ve got 3 pairs of trail running shoes. Of the 3 two are good for mixed running on and off road. For harder trails I use Brooks Cascadia and for softer trails I use Inov8 roclites as they have better grip. Both are fine on the road as well.

Craftsman
    I’m trying to get back into it since moving to Malta at the start of the year. I’ve put about 1.5 stone on and running in the heat is hard work. I got down to 20 min 5k in the U.K. and before moving over was running 30-40 miles a week. I’m absolutely destroyed running 3 miles at the moment so I think I need to join a club to get me motivated.

Master
    Recently back into it after some hamstring trouble put my pace out for a couple of months - summer cross country race was the first run I’d felt anywhere near form since Easter

Captured for posterity - the brief moment I broke from the pack . It looks far more impressive than it is !

Quote Originally Posted by GMC41 View Post
    I’ve got 3 pairs of trail running shoes. Of the 3 two are good for mixed running on and off road. For harder trails I use Brooks Cascadia and for softer trails I use Inov8 roclites as they have better grip. Both are fine on the road as well.
    Thanks for that. Am a Books man but Inov8 seem to be huge off road, will have to try some on

Journeyman
    Pacer morning at park run yesterday, I've never beaten the 20 min mark at my local run so decided hell or high water I was hanging onto the 20 minute guy for grim death. It was tough, he started out the first mile at 6 - 6.10 per mile in order to compensate for a steep hill that has to be run up 3 times. Managed it just about, and felt ok so passed him on the last mile and came in at 19.33. Very pleased, don't think I'll be trying that on a regular basis tho as still feeling the effects today!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Pacer morning at park run yesterday, I've never beaten the 20 min mark at my local run so decided hell or high water I was hanging onto the 20 minute guy for grim death. It was tough, he started out the first mile at 6 - 6.10 per mile in order to compensate for a steep hill that has to be run up 3 times. Managed it just about, and felt ok so passed him on the last mile and came in at 19.33. Very pleased, don't think I'll be trying that on a regular basis tho as still feeling the effects today!
    Top bombing, and a very well done. Getting the sub 20 monkey off your back is heck of an achievement.

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    ...19:33...
    Fantastic, especially on a hilly course.
    I’d love to go sub-20 and we have flat courses in Perth...20:53 last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Some great times here - well done.Still struggling with hamstring injury having got to 97 parkruns early April, so toddled round the last 2 in 26/27 minutes, just to get to the 100 in this Saturday.
    Last Saturday the Harrow defib machine was stolen, so will be donating £100 to kick start the funding for the new one.

Master
    And that was 100 done yesterday at Harrow. Great turnout there, and a fantastic response to the appeal for funds to replace the stolen defib machine.

Weymouth parkrun yesterday for me followed by a swim in the sea (just over the road from the finish) - highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    And that was 100 done yesterday at Harrow. Great turnout there, and a fantastic response to the appeal for funds to replace the stolen defib machine.
    Well done, Andrzej!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day