closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    On course to be 5 points from a possible 21 in April and May. When was his position made permanent?
    A pathetic return, Just half the possible would have delivered Champions League next season, maybe even third place in the league. Seemed to be a lot of chopping and changing when things started to go pear shaped and nothing worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats to City - deserved to win by holding their nerve and winning all those games at the end.

I'm proud of Liverpool though - made up a 20+ point gap from last year and chased City all the way. We had our share of luck in some games I have to say, but it's work in progress and hopefully next season we'll be stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    A pathetic return, Just half the possible would have delivered Champions League next season, maybe even third place in the league. Seemed to be a lot of chopping and changing when things started to go pear shaped and nothing worked.

Caretaker 32 from 39

Dec: 9 from 9
    Jan: 10 from 12
    Feb: 10 from 12
    Mar: 3 from 6

Made permanent on 28 March 8 from 24

Mar: 3 from 3
    Apr: 4 from 15
    May: 1 from 6

CHAMPINS.
    AGAIN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 wins on the trot. That’s what we needed to do. Unbelievable

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

As a proud Liverpudlian I say congratulations to Man City

And well done the North West 😎

Master
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations to City.

Congrats City.

And without being too sore a loser, crap ground, crap support and no history. But, not surprising what can be achieved with boat loads of cash.

Let’s see if you can fill your ground for your CL matches next year. Just watch the atmosphere at Anfield last week. Something City will never have at Maine Road, or wherever the fack you play now.

Ok, I am a sore loser.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Congrats City.

And without being too sore a loser, crap ground, crap support and no history. But, not surprising what can be achieved with boat loads of cash.

Let’s see if you can fill your ground for your CL matches next year. Just watch the atmosphere at Anfield last week. Something City will never have at Maine Road, or wherever the fack you play now.

Ok, I am a sore loser.
    Bitter much ?
    You almost won the City bingo but failed to mention oil money .
    One thing, besides 20 years in between 1970 and 1990 , tell me about your history .
    Clown
    I’m sure your great God Shankly had somethin* to say about coming second

I would have loved to see Liverpool win the title, however hats off to City and Pep.

Alas the 3rd highest points tally ever in the history was not enough. Liverpool will hopefully win the European Championship this year, to make up for the disappointment.

The funny thing is I bet Kloop would swap the European Championship win for a league title, just as I imagine Pep would swap his league title for a Euro Win.

Its a funny old game

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

£200m !

I suspect we are going to need a goalkeeper, full backs, central defenders, a creative midfielder, a ball winning midfielder, wide men and two or three strikers who can knock in as many as Aguero, Mane, Salah, Sterling can.

£200m !

I suspect we are going to need a goalkeeper, full backs, central defenders, a creative midfielder, a ball winning midfielder, wide men and two or three strikers who can knock in as many as Aguero, Mane, Salah, Sterling can.

And then some .
    I should take great delight in this , but I just can’t .
    I was working there recently in one of the executive boxes and the whole place is a monolith. The stadium is outdated and it’s caught up with you on the pitch too . Money talks and Niteds name will always get a few top footballers interested but I honestly see a period very similar to Liverpool’s coming .

- - - Updated - - -

£200m !

And then some .
    I should take great delight in this , but I just can’t .
    I was working there recently in one of the executive boxes and the whole place is a monolith. The stadium is outdated and it’s caught up with you on the pitch too . Money talks and Niteds name will always get a few top footballers interested but I honestly see a period very similar to Liverpool’s coming .

Caretaker 32 from 39

Dec: 9 from 9
    Jan: 10 from 12
    Feb: 10 from 12
    Mar: 3 from 6

Made permanent on 28 March 8 from 24

Mar: 3 from 3
    Apr: 4 from 15
    May: 1 from 6

I think it's fair to say that United's performance after the departure of Mourinho was decent, but how much of it was down specifically to Solskjaer? Regime change energised the players for a few weeks, but it hasn't lasted.

It looks like Roy Keane could have been on the money with his comments about 'players who threw Mourinho under the bus will do the same to Solskjaer'.

I'm somewhat surprised that he's not gone already, but that would be too much of an embarrassment even for Man U.

I have enjoyed watching Gary Neville's anguish on Sky Sports. Couldn't happen to a more-deserving fellow.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    Both teams have not won the league for a combined 86 years, possibly 87 years before the end of this weekend.
    That'll be 87 then.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I think it's fair to say that United's performance after the departure of Mourinho was decent, but how much of it was down specifically to Solskjaer? Regime change energised the players for a few weeks, but it hasn't lasted.

It looks like Roy Keane could have been on the money with his comments about 'players who threw Mourinho under the bus will do the same to Solskjaer'.

I'm somewhat surprised that he's not gone already, but that would be too much of an embarrassment even for Man U.

I have enjoyed watching Gary Neville's anguish on Sky Sports. Couldn't happen to a more-deserving fellow.
    Terrible for them. I took years of shit from their 'fans'. I'm really upset for them. Surrey weeps tonight.

Champions again. Soz, lads.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post

Terrible for them. I took years of shit from their 'fans'. I'm really upset for them. Surrey weeps tonight.

Champions again. Soz, lads.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    One thing, besides 20 years in between 1970 and 1990 , tell me about your history .
    You got me looking things up

Liverpool pre-1970: 7 titles
    United pre- Fergie: 7 titles
    Everton pre-Kendall: 7 titles
    Arsenal pre-Graham: 8 titles
    Huddersfield: 3 titles
    City pre-money: 2 titles
    Chelsea pre-money: 1 title

Phenomenal season. Couldn't care less who won, but an astonishing achievement - both teams are miles ahead of everyone else. Just look at their Goal Difference as well - MC 72, Liv 67 and Tot 28!!!!

Going to be a good Champions League final - I think Liverpool will nick it. Tottenham look dead - maybe they 3 odd weeks rest will do them a world of good.

- - - Updated - - -

Phenomenal season. Couldn't care less who won, but an astonishing achievement - both teams are miles ahead of everyone else. Just look at their Goal Difference as well - MC 72, Liv 67 and Tot 28!!!!

Going to be a good Champions League final - I think Liverpool will nick it. Tottenham look dead - maybe they 3 odd weeks rest will do them a world of good.

You got me looking things up

Liverpool pre-1970: 7 titles
    United pre- Fergie: 7 titles
    Everton pre-Kendall: 7 titles
    Arsenal pre-Graham: 8 titles
    Huddersfield: 3 titles
    City pre-money: 2 titles
    Chelsea pre-money: 1 title
    Wasn’t the point but we’ll done . I’ll try again .
    When was Liverpool’s first League victory ?
    When was Liverpool’s first FA Cup win ?
    When was Liverpool’s first European trophy?

City pre money ? Really ?
    Chelsea pre money ?
    Maybe not necessary

Blog Entries

Wasn’t the point but we’ll done . I’ll try again .

Again, back in your box
    You made a comment, which, as I said, sent me looking things up: how many titles clubs had before their modern runs of success, and what I posted was purely what I saw. I wasn't trying to make a point, nor was I trying to rebut yours, it was just some numbers. But poor Huddersfield though! They've a proper history - when will their foreign admirers come a-wooing? Their ancient glories slinking further and further away.

You made a comment, which, as I said, sent me looking things up: how many titles clubs had before their modern runs of success, and what I posted was purely what I saw. I wasn't trying to make a point, nor was I trying to rebut yours, it was just some numbers. But poor Huddersfield though! They've a proper history - when will their foreign admirers come a-wooing? Their ancient glories slinking further and further away.
    Apologies.
    I noticed this as soon as I responded . Hence the edit . Uncalled for .

Apologies.
    I noticed this as soon as I responded . Hence the edit . Uncalled for .
    Cheers, enjoy your evening

Pre money? Have you seen how much 2nd place cost Liverpool!?
    £193million spend over the last 5 years. £129million in 18/19

Craftsman
    The Champions League final is a bit strange this year as neither finalist has been a League Champion in their own country within living memory, in fact neither team has won the Premiership ever. The Premiership started in 1992 so in 27 years it has been won by:

Manchester Utd (13)
    Arsenal (3 )
    Chelsea (5)
    Manchester City (4)
    Leicester
    Blackburn

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Pre money? Have you seen how much 2nd place cost Liverpool!?
    £193million spend over the last 5 years. £129million in 18/19
    Yeah but offset by 150 million they flogged Coutinho for - fine business!!!

Congrats City.

Ok, I am a sore loser.
    Sore loser indeed. Remind me how much Liverpool paid for Allison and Van Dijk, John Henry’s not exactly short of cash. City haven’t got the world wide fan base like Utd and Liverpool but you all have to start somewhere. City had home crowds when they were in old 3rd division that many 1st division teams would have died for.

Its posts like this that explain why so many people want Liverpool to lose.

But you're forgetting the posts above this one, from Liverpool fans (and Utd and Arsenal), who all congratulated City.

We had to buy Allison and Van Dijk, no matter how much they cost, as those were gaping holes in our team. Selling Coutinho for nearly £150m was a masterstroke and paid for most of this, and we wouldn't have got anywhere near you without those two.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Sore loser indeed. Remind me how much Liverpool paid for Allison and Van Dijk, John Henry’s not exactly short of cash. City haven’t got the world wide fan base like Utd and Liverpool but you all have to start somewhere. City had home crowds when they were in old 3rd division that many 1st division teams would have died for.

Its posts like this that explain why so many people want Liverpool to lose.

Craftsman
    Congrats City.

Ok, I am a sore loser.
    Every other decent football fan in England was hoping and praying that Manchester City would win today.
    Liverpool are a stain on and a source of shame for all of English football,
    after the Belgium outrage the club should have been kicked out and disbanded,
    they should not exist.

Liverpool will never win the Premiership.

The history argument is a bit daft - what would a young supporter prefer - his team winning something or having a 'history'?

Congrats to City, over the moon Liverpool didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    But you're forgetting the posts above this one, from Liverpool fans (and Utd and Arsenal), who all congratulated City.

We had to buy Allison and Van Dijk, no matter how much they cost, as those were gaping holes in our team. Selling Coutinho for nearly £150m was a masterstroke and paid for most of this, and we wouldn't have got anywhere near you without those two.
    I’m from St Helens so I’ve got friends and family who are Liverpool fans and, if City didn’t win today, I’d be the first to congratulate Liverpool on an amazing season. It’s a shame one of them has to be runner up. I’m not forgetting previous posts. There’s plenty of magnanimous fans but, unfortunately they tend to be outnumbered by idiotic Liverpool fans spouting “dirty oil money” etc and saying that City have no history, thinking that their heritage owes them a title.
    Id have been gutted if we let it slip today but I wouldn’t stoop to stupid childish comments.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    Every other decent football fan in England was hoping and praying that Manchester City would win today.
    Liverpool are a stain on and a source of shame for all of English football,
    after the Belgium outrage the club should have been kicked out and disbanded,
    they should not exist.

Liverpool will never win the Premiership.
    Oh for god sake have you got a mental bloke or something......change your boring record

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Anyway....... Congrats to city. Deserved winners over the course of the season.........rather city than that manc s###e win it.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful.
    Simply beautiful
    Well done….! You properly won that title…

£200m !

Was having a discussion with my Utd supporting mate yesterday and we both agreed that a combined Utd and Leicester City side would see more Leicester players start…

Your in all sorts of bother I’m afraid…. Needs a root and branch changeover and I’m not convinced Ole is the man to lead it either…

I’d start with offloading Pogba….

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Needs a root and branch changeover and I’m not convinced Ole is the man to lead it either…

I’d start with offloading Pogba….
    I think there’s a role somewhere at United for Solskjaer, he has the heart and soul of the club, he’s an assistant, a Brian Kidd.

His response when things started to go wrong seemed pretty chaotic and he’s not got the best out of the likes of Martial, Pogba, that a top coach like Klopp, Guardiola, Poch would.

The squad is a mishmash of the former regimes. If you did nothing else, then a rebuild of the back unit would yield vast improvement. It’s serious though, as some half decent players will be walking or offloaded: Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Lukaku, maybe even Rashford and uh-hum Bailly, Sanchez, Darmian.

Blog Entries
    I think there’s a role somewhere at United for Solskjaer, he has the heart and soul of the club, he’s an assistant, a Brian Kidd.

His response when things started to go wrong seemed pretty chaotic and he’s not got the best out of the likes of Martial, Pogba, that a top coach like Klopp, Guardiola, Poch would.

The squad is a mishmash of the former regimes. If you did nothing else, then a rebuild of the back unit would yield vast improvement. It’s serious though, as some half decent players will be walking or offloaded: Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Lukaku, maybe even Rashford and uh-hum Bailly, Sanchez, Darmian.

He’s in charge now…. And will be given time into next season…. Unfortunately there’ll be short odds on him being the first to go….

It’ll be a sad day though

Your recruitment in the summer will be crucial, but, you’ve had a horrendous recent record given your funding…

Craftsman
    The job at United is just too big for ole........he needs more time than his got and he certainly won't get the money he needs.

He’d make a good fan.....

Football clubs are trophy assets for rich businessmen. Always have been. Just many more zeros on the numbers these days.
    City’s owners have invested over a billion in football and The club/group is currently valued at something around $3bn.
    They’ve also created something really fantastic for the supporters and the local economy more widely.
    Liverpool’s owners have also invested vast sums. They got a bit lucky as they were on the very brink of insolvency (the club) back in the credit crunch. I know that as I worked closely with bank workout groups in those days. They were saved partly because no bank wanted to go within a million miles of militant scousers baying for blood at Banker’s who’d pulled the plug.
    Liverpool’s “history” on and off the pitch is chequered to say the least. Their fans have been directly involved in some of the most shameful incidents in the history of the sport.
    They seem to believe they’re on some special moral high ground.
    They’re not.
    Even recently they attacked city’s team bus last year and this year fans were filmed pushing elderly tourists into a fountain in Barcelona.

Missed out on the title YET AGAIN this season I’m pleased to say but theyve got a cracking manager and will probably win it some time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nickg View Post
    He’d make a good fan.....

Harsh....but funny

Congrats City.

Ok, I am a sore loser.
    Liverpool don't spend that much do they?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Liverpool don't spend that much do they?
    Compare NET spend

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Compare NET spend

Gets a bit desperate when you have to celebrate selling some of your best players.
    Why would you as a fan be pleased with the club’s owners doing that to ensure they maximise their financial return?

Klopp is a great manager, despite some of his sillier outbursts, but don’t you think he would have rather kept coutinho AND bought Allison and Van Dijke?

End of the day, for the owners/financial beneficiaries of the club, 1st means no more than 2nd financially.
    Arsenal’s owners realised this a good 10 years ago, to the detriment of the fans.
    Liverpool’s total PL prize money will actually be slightly than city’s this season because they had one or two more TV appearances - so there’s something else you could get a trophy for...... :)

Not sure why but I would still rather City won it than Liverpool, and to be fair they should win it with the amount of money they have spent in the last 5 years. In reality they should have the PL more than they did, that lack of a good CL season again is really poor. For the money City spend they should have been dominating European football for the last few years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Not sure why but I would still rather City won it than Liverpool, and to be fair they should win it with the amount of money they have spent in the last 5 years. In reality they should have the PL more than they did, that lack of a good CL season again is really poor. For the money City spend they should have been dominating European football for the last few years.
    CL isn’t easy to win. Chelsea took over a decade since Abramovich bought the club to win and that was after sacking manager half way through season. Barça haven’t won in over 5 years.
    I think 4 wins in 8 seasons is a pretty good win ratio in the most competitive league in Europe.

I think there’s a role somewhere at United for Solskjaer, he has the heart and soul of the club, he’s an assistant, a Brian Kidd...<snip>

That job's already taken by one or both of the two Mikes: I'm not sure what Carrick & Phelan actually do though (do they know themselves?).

I can't wait until Rio Ferdinand is appointed Sporting Director. Laugh, I shall.
    ______

​Jim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    CL isn’t easy to win. Chelsea took over a decade since Abramovich bought the club to win.... .
    Actually it didn't take them over a decade but you're right, it is tricky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    That'll be 87 then.
    If it's a combined total, that will be 88 years...