closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SKX007 wreck or repair

Threaded View

Master
    well done Ian,that looks great,you have certainly made it your own.told you the hands were fiddly .i'll bet you are wearing it more than your top end watches at the moment.its certainly got that explorer look going on.i have enjoyed this thread very much so a big thank you to all its major contributors.i have got in the habit of selecting the parts of my next project watch from the asian ebay sellers the when all the parts are there i spend a very enjoyable but sometimes frustrating few hours assembling them up.there are usually parts that need fettling,sometimes the dials need trimming down,movement spacers modified/remade,winding stems have the be cut etc and i always generously relume the hands with superluminova as i am a night owl.sometime i like the finished watch sometimes i dont but its cost me about £70-80 so no great loss if i dont and tremendous satisfaction if i do .inspiration comes from seeing a watch i like or an idea in my head .what has suprised me is the accuracy of the cheap mechanical movements.i have a £30 Unitas clone that is running inside COSC spec at the moment.i have the parts here for a Radiomir type watch but have temporary physical restrictions due to very recent orthopedic surgery so assembly will have to wait.have put up a pic of my favorite so far..cheers all.. kevin...
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 20th April 2019 at 10:15. Reason: sspelin