closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 103 of 165 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,150 of 8237

Thread: What do you drive?

At the moment and for the past 12 months a 2002, BMW e46 330d sport auto and an Audi A8 LWB 3.0 petrol.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    My old girl. I've been thinking about buying something more involving like an alfa giulia QF or even an R8

But the Jag has so much bang for buck and is pretty much depreciation proof.

I might just stick to getting my kicks from my bikes

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Loving the jag,

I'm now in a 2019 VW Touareg R-Line Tech. 2000 miles in and it is a great bit of kit and a huge step up from the old generation.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Just got a 140 Estoril blue) a couple of months ago. Intend to keep it for a few years. Great day to day car with stunning performance
    Picked up my Sapphire black M140i two weeks ago!

Absolutely loving it so far, same as you I intend to keep it for a good few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I'm now in a 2019 VW Touareg R-Line Tech. 2000 miles in and it is a great bit of kit and a huge step up from the old generation.
    They're a huge step up from the ground as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

How fo you find it?

It’s definitely the future!
    I have a bit of a commute for the first time in 20 years and its proving to be ideal for that.
    10 miles to work, 10 miles back and one charge covers the week (I'm in eco mode 90% of the time and traffic is 50mph for three quarters of the trip then a 30 zone and some lights for the rest.

No effort at all to ride and you don't wake anyone up in the morning :)

Storage is non existent though as its got the fast charge tank installed (not really needed as the normal kettle lead will do for overnight charging) as there are some free chargers at work.

It's not even the 'fast' model and its plenty fast for me (more so that theres no clutch/gears).
    Sport mode is a giggle.

Been favourable responses whenever I've parked up next to other bikes and it'll be great when there's more style of bike to choose from - I'd love something proper retro but elastic trickery.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be Tron.

Literally just been watching royal Jordanian reviewing one of those and thinking about a test ride, absolutely prefect for 85-90% of my commuting I think but I’d like try because about 40 miles of the 50 round trip is motorways to one job and I know that’s not great for the range. They’re definitely coming on leaps and bounds though the latest model looks superb.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Bit of a clean and wax of the M4, need to spend some time with the DA to get it glass like, but very impressed with the reflection on white. Love this tyre sealant too, no sling.
    You’ve just reminded me I need some new tyre sealant, which one are you using?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    You’ve just reminded me I need some new tyre sealant, which one are you using?

This stuff. First time is royal PITA as you need to degrease and scrub all the old stuff off. But once this stuff goes on it’s brilliant, lasts ages keeping tyres black. Tried many over time, but discovered this a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Golf looked ok after a detail...
    IMG_2885.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wife’s new car was delivered Friday and she is loving it Mercedes GLC 250 Petrol 4 Matic. I have told her to be careful with the Alloys, those 20” bad boys will not be cheap to redo.

Master
    This lovely 2003 45000mile Super V8 Whooooosh

"

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post

"
    I had one of those back when they were new. As a chap who had just turned 30 at the time I was not your typical Jag demographic!

I had the XJR, which was awesome, enjoy it, but be careful in multi-storey car parks - at the time it was the largest standard car on the UK market - as long as an S-class and wider...

A lovely cruiser and a great place to sit in a traffic jam.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post

"
    I had a lovely 3.2 XJ8 (which I bought from here) a while back, and it was a lovely place to be. Wafted along effortlessly on the motorway, and had a real kick when you put your foot down.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Wife’s new car was delivered Friday and she is loving it Mercedes GLC 250 Petrol 4 Matic. I have told her to be careful with the Alloys, those 20” bad boys will not be cheap to redo.
    Ha, have the GLC 220d but I don't have the AMG alloys. If i did they would be done for by now even with the cameras! You must be loving the new infotainment. The 2016 model isn't the most intuitive I've used. Very backwards.

Journeyman

Great fun to drive....
    And a workhorse BT50 3.2 diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Ha, have the GLC 220d but I don't have the AMG alloys. If i did they would be done for by now even with the cameras! You must be loving the new infotainment. The 2016 model isn't the most intuitive I've used. Very backwards.
    She loves it and the Infotainment, but I prefer my 5 Series for ease of use and navigating. It’s the one thing BMW are good at.

Here's my car:

When it's cold, I drive her car.

What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    After a string of too many Porkers and increasingly sanitised driving (993, 996 GT3, 7.2GTS, 7.2 Turbo S, 981 Spyder, 981 GT4) I decided to go back to 3 pedals and 6 litres of naturally aspirated British bulldog. #V12Vantage

Here’s mine having some fun on Dartmoor with a mate of mine behind in a 997.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeveal View Post
    Here's my car:

When it's cold, I drive her car.
    Great weather forecast for the weekend

That looks very much like a Grinnall Scorpion. I pax'd in one down to Le Mans years back, used a 1200cc BMW bike engine IIRC and was quite nippy!

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Great weather forecast for the weekend

That looks very much like a Grinnall Scorpion. I pax'd in one down to Le Mans years back, used a 1200cc BMW bike engine IIRC and was quite nippy!
    It's a Skunk. The Grinnals are a bit heavier and most are powered by a K1200 BMW bike engine which is a bit down on oomph compared to the Yamaha R1. Newer Grinnals have the BMW K40 engine, which is a monster!

But yeah, three wheelers in this configuration will surprise an awful lot of people with their "nippiness". They're stable and the reduction in weight makes them extremely responsive to the steering & throttle. It's just lacking in a few of the creature comforts, like doors,a windscreen, a roof, a heater, a stereo...

Do I recognise your user name from over on PH?

What do you drive?

That JaaaaaaaaaaaaG! is just lovely, had to happen at some stage I guess but for me that was the last of the real Jags. The current XJ just has no presence, might be a worthy successor but it sort of reminds me when Ford replaced the Cortina with the Sierra.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeveal View Post
    It's a Skunk. The Grinnals are a bit heavier and most are powered by a K1200 BMW bike engine which is a bit down on oomph compared to the Yamaha R1. Newer Grinnals have the BMW K40 engine, which is a monster!

But yeah, three wheelers in this configuration will surprise an awful lot of people with their "nippiness". They're stable and the reduction in weight makes them extremely responsive to the steering & throttle. It's just lacking in a few of the creature comforts, like doors,a windscreen, a roof, a heater, a stereo...

Do I recognise your user name from over on PH?
    I new name to me, and after a quick Google I'm not surprised I haven't seen one before! You appear to be 1 of no more than 10 owners and a leading authority on the vehicle I noticed the difference in engine/drive-chain between yours and the Grinnall I had been in, yours is chain/sprocket whereas the Grinnall had BMW's shaft drive, different front wheels as well. I prefer, aesthetically at least, the motorbike front end of yours, it makes the Grinnal look over-tyred!

Yup, that's me on PH

Ten to twelve is about right.
    The Malones have three, the original prototype, with a 600cc engine and a motorcyle rear tyre (last seen lurking under a massive pile of crud in their shed), Jon's red 900cc XJR one and Jerome's F1000 in flip paint.
    There was a yellow one built with an early GSXR1000 (air cooled?), it's now blue & belongs to a mate of Jerome.
    They made a green V-twin with a Yamaha V-max. It shipped to the USA and rumour is that it was written off in a crash in the first couple of weeks.
    Those were all "factory" built.

There are five or six more built by customers. I think I know of four complete ones and two partially complete. The Malones have never parted with accurate numbers.

I don't purport to be any more of an expert than any of the other owners. I'm just more active on t'internet (I'm gobby). It's not a Caterham, you don't just buy a kit of parts and bolt it together. Each car's unique and requires some re-engineering, so all the owners have had to learn a variety of skills.

There is actually a BMW R100 final drive in there, concentric with the swingarm. Before that it's a prop drive and after it's chain driven.

Apprentice
    I don't drive and some cheeeky **** broke in and stole my Scott bike last week so I'm on foot for now :(

Craftsman
    Sunny Easter. Time to get the toys out!!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Master
    Very nice indeed, always a favourite.

Z4M came out today, MOT and fresh oil, taxed tomorrow. Although not all good news as despite passing with no advisories etc it’s now on the market to be sold.

Know I won’t ever get one in this condition or low mileage, but my cost per mile is through the roof as don’t use it enough & want to put the funds into helping my wife get into a Boxster.

Swapped my much loved Lotus evora for this a couple of months ago

A manual, obv.

Doesn't quite hit the highs of the evora but it fits into family life a lot better and i can chuck bikes on the roof. Chuffing fast tho

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nickg View Post
    Here’s mine having some fun on Dartmoor with a mate of mine behind in a 997.

Very nice! SS or manual? Swapped the Corsas for PS4S and both ride and traction are massively improved.

Craftsman
    Polished mine over the weekend.

Master

Swapped the one on the left & the one on the right for the one in the middle. Perfect weather this weekend to have done so, and a very happy wife as a result.

Very nice, late 981. There's been about 30 for sale on Autotrader for the last few months and now only a handful - shows the good weather is on its way.

I too have a 981, although in Racing Yellow, they're a great car. I didn't appreciate quite how many options were available when new as I bought mine just before it turned 3 years old.

Master
    Thanks. Yes, I pulled a short list together from AT and within two weeks all 10 had gone. This one arrived on Thursday, we viewed and came to a deal Friday & collected Sunday.

Prefer the drive to my M4 as you can use all the power whereas the M4 is going far too quickly in a few seconds.

A Dacia Sandero 😀

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDunc View Post

Great fun to drive....
    And a workhorse BT50 3.2 diesel.

Is this the new Jimny? Really like it!

Craftsman
    Very nice. Love the colour.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lowndes View Post
    Nope. Don’t like that at all. Not one tiny little bit.

Drooling!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Other than the Porsches, the last car was actually a 458 Spider which was wonderful. The engine and drivetrain were the entire attraction, the Pininfarina bodywork lovely, and had the exhaust valves remote controlled...

However, just had the Aston returned from AM Works in Newport Pagnell with the secondary cats removed, and there really is no need for a stereo anymore!

That is beautiful.

My favourite colour combo. Can’t have been easy saying goodbye to that!!!!

Nothing as fancy as most in here, but just bought an Audi q2. Needed something practical for family life.

I

Quote Originally Posted by lowndes View Post
    Your mode of transportation has gained my approval.
    Bit lovely that - you must be rather proud of it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    Is this the new Jimny? Really like it!
    That is the nee Jimny. Great little car! Surprisingly very hard to get hold of at the moment too!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Just recently bought this. (I'm 19 by the way). Can't bring myself to by a sensible hatchback like everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by fatgreek View Post
    Just recently bought this. (I'm 19 by the way). Can't bring myself to by a sensible hatchback like everyone else!

Very mature fir someone so young. Those E class coupes are an appreciating classic and yours looks very nice.

Just don’t wreck it!!!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Very mature fir someone so young. Those E class coupes are an appreciating classic and yours looks very nice.

Just don’t wreck it!!!
    Yeah there is the opinion that it's an "old mans car" I prefer to call it a classic!

A proper car. Good choice!

Blog Entries

Impressive. What’s the insurance like for a 19 year old ???

z

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Impressive. What’s the insurance like for a 19 year old ???

z
    Around £1500 so by young driver standards I'd say very reasonable. By everyone elses standards, probably very expensive!

Banned
    Blog Entries

What a great piece of history. Love it.👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AMB View Post
    That is beautiful.

My favourite colour combo. Can’t have been easy saying goodbye to that!!!!
    She was beautiful, but from behind the steering wheel I really missed 3 pedals. And the AM V12 with 3 pedals and the secondary cats removed courtesy of AM is just as much of an occasion with a level of engagement that the 458 could not provide. So surprisingly, I do not miss the 458. All beautiful cars, and the Henrik Fisker penned Vantage is, perhaps, his greatest achievement that is truly timeless.