closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Moonwatch

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Moonwatch, the ubiquitous chronograph, like a Submariner is to dive watches.

Nothing wrong with that, as there is a reason why they are so common, i mean, popular.
    When did you last see a Speedy on someone else's wrist? Apart from a person at my old work who had one, I've only ever seen one in the wild, on a young gent walking along Princes Street. Oh yes there was an audience member on last week's Antiques Roadshow who had one.

I see Rolex far more often.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    When did you last see a Speedy on someone else's wrist? Apart from a person at my old work who had one, I've only ever seen one in the wild, on a young gent walking along Princes Street. Oh yes there was an audience member on last week's Antiques Roadshow who had one.

The young chap that came to service my boiler was wearing one, got it for his 18th and had worn it every day since.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    The young chap that came to service my boiler was wearing one, got it for his 18th and had worn it every day since.
    Good for him, I wish I'd been gifted one on my 18th. Instead I was given a very nice, leather bound Complete works of Shakespeare. Food for the mind, I know but .... :(

That's a beauty Seagullfan!

Banned
    Good for him, I wish I'd been gifted one on my 18th. Instead I was given a very nice, leather bound Complete works of Shakespeare. Food for the mind, I know but .... :(

That's a beauty Seagullfan!
    The thief thought so too I guess!

This is the black faced version I had:

The 3576.50 comes with sapphire on both sides (along with the incorrect wording of "only" watch worn on moon) - the movement isn't super pretty but it makes for a different view compared to most valjoux 7750 and at least there's no auto-winding rotor getting in the way of the rest of the movement:

Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    I may be the first person to go against the grain here!

The Speedmaster Professional is one of my favourite watches of all time. Stunning, timeless, iconic. Looks amazing on the bracelet, leather or just about anything else. Bombproof movement and comfortable on the wrist. I could go on.

However... For me it didn't work as a daily watch. I seemed a little cautious with the watch. I think it was a combination of the hesalite and the beautiful edges of the case. Cycling, gym, shower, risk of getting knocked etc. just put me off wearing it care free. I seemed to go back to my more 'lived in' pieces.

Works for thousands of others though. And oh, I will certainly have one again when I can justify more watches!
    The Pro is one of those rare watches that still look great ‘lived in’.
    I have one that has seen it’s fair share of action and actually sourced a new bezel to replace its worm one and planed to give it some case work, the new bezel lasted a day then I swapped it back, it lost all of its character.
    Cheers..
    Jase

These threads DO cost a lot of money as I just picked up a new speedy in duty free due to this one ha ha.

I always hankered after one of these, was always too late for any of Ryan's great offers, so just kept my eye on SC from time to time.

It was a bit strange to be honest as I was actually looking for a blue new seamaster on rubber. They only had one on bracelet but after handling the watch I was a bit disappointed with the feel of the bezel turn. I don't know if it's only Rolex that do it well but those clackity clack noises rather than the solid Rolex click put me off what is a gorgeous looking watch.

Anyway beneath the seamaster sat a moon watch. What a classy piece of kit it is. Lovely bracelet and a real quality feel to it. A deal was struck and it came back with me.

I really think this one may be a keeper. It's really comfortable, looks great and best of all purchased on the 50th anniversary of the landing.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    These threads DO cost a lot of money as I just picked up a new speedy in duty free due to this one ha ha.

I always hankered after one of these, was always too late for any of Ryan's great offers, so just kept my eye on SC from time to time.

It was a bit strange to be honest as I was actually looking for a blue new seamaster on rubber. They only had one on bracelet but after handling the watch I was a bit disappointed with the feel of the bezel turn. I don't know if it's only Rolex that do it well but those clackity clack noises rather than the solid Rolex click put me off what is a gorgeous looking watch.

Anyway beneath the seamaster sat a moon watch. What a classy piece of kit it is. Lovely bracelet and a real quality feel to it. A deal was struck and it came back with me.

I really think this one may be a keeper. It's really comfortable, looks great and best of all purchased on the 50th anniversary of the landing.
    Apologies for the expense! Enjoy the watch!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    For e the appeal of the original moonwatch is that it looks good everywhere, you can wear it on a bracelet, leather or NATO and it just looks right, and it's simply the coolest back story of any watch ever!

You can wear it to the pub and you don't look OTT, but you can wear it to a WIS event and a patek owner will still give it a nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    ...and this is why, the Speedy is the watch for aficionados! You CAN wear it everyday and it is meant for that.

IMHO Hesalite Crystal is the only way to go, because they look sooo much better (once you have seen the 'white ring' of the Saphire, it can NEVER been unseen), they are easy to clean, cheap as chips to exchange

Over the years I must have owned a dozen: 105.012, 145.012, 145.022, Racing models, 1957 LE, a.s.o. They are all gone now but my birth year 145.022.
    It fits every occasion. I wore a new model (not the vintage ones) while bungee jumping, Rafting, Canyoning, Swimming, Beach, Cycling,...

Master

This week, twice on different people.