closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SKX007 wreck or repair

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Started by giving the case a clean, then polished the sides to remove some hairlines, and redid the brushed style finish on the top surfaces with some 600grit wet and dry glued to a nail file. (which hasn't been missed yet). Then cleaned the case again.

Pressing the Domed sapphire in with my new (cheap) press.

Case with Domed Sapphire and new polished chapter ring in place. Re-used the crystal seal as it's not going to see use underwater anymore and the old one is good enough for a dust seal I think. Hopefully it's seated far enough in!

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Nice one. Looks like some fun there.

Told the chief that parts for watches are pretty cheap, nothing like as dear as bits for my other hobbies. (so far so good!)

I've got an Explorer-alike dial coming for this one too. Would be interested to know where you get your movements and crystals if that's ok?
    The movements and generic crystals are mostly from Cousins or Leosics, but if I'm after a redundant movement then often eBay or foreign websites will yield dividends. A couple of French FHF movements, for example, were easier sourced from France....Quelle surprise! SpeedTimerKollektion in the Netherlands has been very good for Seiko and Wenger watches and parts.

For upgraded sapphire crystals for older Seikos I have used CrystalTimes, who have an excellent service.

The dial and hands for the DG2813 are coming from an eBay seller called atn123 in China but I've also used raffles-time in Singapore who were very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Started by giving the case a clean, then polished the sides to remove some hairlines, and redid the brushed style finish on the top surfaces with some 600grit wet and dry glued to a nail file. (which hasn't been missed yet). Then cleaned the case again.

Pressing the Domed sapphire in with my new (cheap) press.

Case with Domed Sapphire and new polished chapter ring in place. Re-used the crystal seal as it's not going to see use underwater anymore and the old one is good enough for a dust seal I think. Hopefully it's seated far enough in!
    Coming together nicely!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    The movements and generic crystals are mostly from Cousins or Leosics, but if I'm after a redundant movement then often eBay or foreign websites will yield dividends. A couple of French FHF movements, for example, were easier sourced from France....Quelle surprise! SpeedTimerKollektion in the Netherlands has been very good for Seiko and Wenger watches and parts.

For upgraded sapphire crystals for older Seikos I have used CrystalTimes, who have an excellent service.

The dial and hands for the DG2813 are coming from an eBay seller called atn123 in China but I've also used raffles-time in Singapore who were very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Coming together nicely!
    Thanks, much appreciated. All new to me so trying to learn about suppliers etc. so thanks for the info!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.