closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Motorcycle commuting question

Hybrid View

Buy a ‘travel suit’ as they’re more robust and don’t crease. I’ve got a Hugo Boss one that’s perfect for this. Expensive but it’s lasted years.

Leave the jacket at work and wear shirt and suit trousers under your gear. I always get bike trousers a size too big as well, so your suit trousers are less compressed.

Master
    Blog Entries

Cool

I always kept a couple of suits at the office and would have one cleaned and pressed on a Friday for collection on a Monday.
    The funniest thing was when a lady colleague told me she thought I might have "issues" because there were eight pairs of shoes under my desk.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Looks nice, an updated version of the Roadcrafter, which I commuted in for 2-3 years.

The roadcrafter proved to be not waterproof in a downpour! And as someone above did also, I got a travel suit (Rohan) and left the jacket at work but after getting wet through in the nether regions and looking like I’d wet myself a couple of times I gave up and left a suit, shirt and shoes at work and got changed out of my Rukka gear.

Even in a travel suit and non crease shirt I looked slightly crumpled, ok for being in the office but not a good look for meeting customers for the first time.

I’ve also used the bike for business meetings and often just said look, I’m commuting on a bike so I’ll turn up in smart but not in a suit - much more acceptable nowadays than a few years ago

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I can vouch for Klim gear. Their standards of quality and service are very high.

Also, if you do have a spill, they’ll replace your Klim gear for 50% RRP when you send in your wrecked garments so they can examine the damage and improve their products. I think that says a lot about the company.

Master
    Another Aerostich recommendation here.

Wore mine when I did West Oxon - EC1A regularly. Got a Rohan travel suit underneath and it was fine.

Not recommended, but when it got REALLY hot in summer I'd leave the suit at the office (my final employers were rather less anal about clear desks) and wear shorts and a t-shirt underneath. I'd get two bags of ice from the offy on the corner and fill the pockets of the Aerostich with it. It would keep me cool filtering all the way down Euston Road and by the time I'd hit the M40 it had usually evaporated. Built-in air-con.

Master
    I commuted into the City from W.London everyday for too many years on the bike. I used to leave the jackets on my chair, and keep the shoes + trousers in the filing cabinet or bring them in the backpack. Wear the shirt as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    I always get bike trousers a size too big as well, so your suit trousers are less compressed.
    I would not recommend this. Protective gear is meant to fit well (snug) so that the armour stays in place/does not move if/when you come off. Loose fitting protective gear is almost as good as not having any in the event of a crash. Between losing/breaking a kneecap vs. tearing the suit trousers, I know which I would rather do...