Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
Australia has never been an overtake fest, it's actually one of the most difficult circuits of the season to get one car past another. As usual it's too early to predict how the season will pan out however a) the midfield is looking close again b) it was good to see that extra point being chased (Bottas said himself that there's an extra 21 points up for grabs) and c) this could well end up to be a season of the sum of all parts rather than individual races.

I enjoyed the race, witnessing each driver and team perform as they did was, in a number of cases, quite enlightening. I'm looking forward to the next race already, we could easily see a slight yet telling shuffle of the pack.
Spot on. It's encouraging to see the performance of the Red Bull with Honda power - it's not far away from the ultimate pace, although there's a big question mark over reliability, which might hit them later in the season. The midfield is, if anything, tighter than expected, although the difficulties in overtaking at Melbourne might have played a part. Bahrain might sort things out a bit, but the scrap between Renault/Alfa Romeo/Racing Point/Toro Rosso will be entertaining, and I hope that the TV directors don't just concentrate on the front runners.

It's going to be a long season for Williams, sadly.