closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: PRS-25 Everest 36mm update

Apprentice
    I have to say that I originally thought I would want to pick up the new bracelet when it becomes available but after wearing the original bracelet for 3 weeks, I've lost interest. Yes the clasp is big and bulky but the bracelet fits so well and comfortably that I just don't care anymore. And I'm rarely looking at the clasp and the watch head at the same time so the discrepancy is not noticeable frankly.

I agree that once it's on one can forget how it looks, but I found it a bit too large to be comfortable, so wore it for about 5 minutes before putting it away.

Has Eddie confirmed the new bracelet will be available to buy separately?

Apprentice
    Someone else said that Eddie had told them that so at this point, it is hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    Someone else said that Eddie had told them that so at this point, it is hearsay.
    I've asked for a prototype of the rivet bracelet with more conventional clasp before proceeding. The pictures look good but pictures can lie. If it's acceptable, I'll go ahead with the white dial Everest (both versions) and order extra bracelets.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I've asked for a prototype of the rivet bracelet with more conventional clasp before proceeding. The pictures look good but pictures can lie. If it's acceptable, I'll go ahead with the white dial Everest (both versions) and order extra bracelets.

Eddie
    Excellent!
    Last edited by magirus; 17th January 2019 at 21:56.
    F.T.F.A.

Great news!

Eddie

Perfect Eddie !

When do you could forsee to order the new series of black dial 36 mm with modified hands ?

Thanks in advance

Master

Eddie
    Wait. What? Both versions?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    Perfect Eddie !

When do you could forsee to order the new series of black dial 36 mm with modified hands ?

Thanks in advance

I suspect that the formality of selling the first batch will need to be attended to first.
    F.T.F.A.

Cracking news.

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Wait. What? Both versions?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    That's the off-white dial version of the Everest 36mm plus the 'Everest Expedition' version with alternative face and handset in the same case, which emerged from discussions on the other thread.

So far as I'm aware this is the first time Eddie has confirmed definitively that both will go into production.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I suspect that the formality of selling the first batch will need to be attended to first.

Yes, I fully agree with you, I would just like to understand when, based on the sales trend of the first lot, we can assume the availability of the new version.

Yes, I fully agree with you, I would just like to understand when, based on the sales trend of the first lot, we can assume the availability of the new version.

If indeed Eddie needs to sell the first batch before ordering the next lot in, then a slight blip is the increased traffic at the checkout for the other new models as well. With Eddie closing the store at a given number of orders it may take longer than it might have to sell out the first batch, if indeed it does sell out. I wonder if the maker could supply handsets for owners of the first batch to have fitted if they desired? That's your warranty gone of course.
    F.T.F.A.

I've added a little colour to the strap box to bring the 36mm in line with the larger brute . . .

F.T.F.A.

What a lovely pair

Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    What a lovely pair
    They are v nice. May we have a reference for these pse? They’re not Nato? One-piece?

Journeyman
    Wow, great combo !

Craftsman
    Perfect Eddie !

Thanks in advance
    What is Eddie doing to the hands of the black 36mm version?

Master
    If indeed Eddie needs to sell the first batch before ordering the next lot in, then a slight blip is the increased traffic at the checkout for the other new models as well. With Eddie closing the store at a given number of orders it may take longer than it might have to sell out the first batch, if indeed it does sell out. I wonder if the maker could supply handsets for owners of the first batch to have fitted if they desired? That's your warranty gone of course.
    Will be my first question to Eddie when he has the new models ready for production.

Lol I wonder in what other industry would we expect the maker/seller to be able to provide pieces of the product.

“No I just want the buttons from that shirt”

Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    Lol I wonder in what other industry would we expect the maker/seller to be able to provide pieces of the product.

“No I just want the buttons from that shirt”

We don't expect him to, we hope he can.
    F.T.F.A.

We don't expect him to, we hope he can.
    Is it just the second hand that is an issue (and how it hits the markers)?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Is it just the second hand that is an issue (and how it hits the markers)?

My thoughts were re the rivetted bracelet Junaid, the handset is perfectly good for me. However some don't seem to care for the size and position of the pip on the seconds hand, and some think the hour hand is too short.
    F.T.F.A.

My thoughts were re the rivetted bracelet Junaid, the handset is perfectly good for me. However some don't seem to care for the size and position of the pip on the seconds hand, and some think the hour hand is too short.
    Oh ok, thanks Bob. I agree - I've not been too concerned with the hands, seem fine to me.

Craftsman
    Is there any indication of the cost for the new bracelet and will it be an option to order instead of the current one with the black dial?

Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    Is there any indication of the cost for the new bracelet and will it be an option to order instead of the current one with the black dial?
    Not yet

My baby arrives tomorrow :-) I’m eager to wear it!

Any of you have tried a jubilee?

Craftsman
    Not yet
    Thanks

I'm raffling one of these excellent timepieces over in Watch Talk, to support Nicola's Fund which is a wonderful charity that supports and lifts the spirits of children undergoing treatment and recovery from cancer, as well as their families.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Charity-Raffle

Rivet really suits the 36

Rivet really suits the 36

Really nice. Which is the source of this rivet bracelet ? Please can you post pics also from the clasp side ? Thanks

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=mrwozza70;4987621]This is Wholesaleoutlet on eBay - the one with 2mm end links and bars. I might have posted a link before. Not cheapest but works just fine and has a good clasp. I removed the Divers extension because they tend to keep coming loose.Could you please link or PM me the exact bracelet/end links you bought? Also do you like the fit of the endlinks to the case?

Thanks

[QUOTE=Faide;5003542]
    This is Wholesaleoutlet on eBay - the one with 2mm end links and bars. I might have posted a link before. Not cheapest but works just fine and has a good clasp. I removed the Divers extension because they tend to keep coming loose.

Could you please link or PM me the exact bracelet/end links you bought? Also do you like the fit of the endlinks to the case?

Thanks
    I have this seller on my list of possibles. The rivetted bracelets they do taper to 17mm, but they also do a non-rivet version that tapers to 15mm. The Meraud with 16mm taper looks the best I've seen so far, but so pricey and only on preorder until June.
    https://meraud-watches.com/product/s...tted-bracelet/
    Seeing as Eddie wants no more stock until the next financial year (see the PRS-10 thread) it looks like a fair wait for an OEM version too. Plenty of food for thought.
    Last edited by magirus; 24th January 2019 at 09:51.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    [QUOTE=magirus;5004593]
    Quote Originally Posted by Faide View Post

I have this seller on my list of possibles. The rivetted bracelets they do taper to 17mm, but they also do a non-rivet version that tapers to 15mm. The Meraud with 16mm taper looks the best I've seen so far, but so pricey and only on preorder until June.
    https://meraud-watches.com/product/s...tted-bracelet/
    Seeing as Eddie wants no more stock until the next financial year (see the PRS-10 thread) it looks like a fair wait for an OEM version too. Plenty of food for thought.

How one fits the Meraud which tapers to 16 mm?
    Using the original Endlinks ?

What one has to do that its fits ?

[QUOTE=Brutus;5007637]

The bracelet width at the lugs is 20mm and this tapers to a narrower width ie. 16mm at the clasp. Depending on the exact fit of the endlinks supplied with any aftermarket bracelet it may be neccessary to swap them with the originals if possible.
    F.T.F.A.

[QUOTE=Brutus;5007637]

Ediie will issue a bracelet that will be be very similar to the Meraud one, here below inside the overall specifications drawing

[QUOTE=Engi;5007687]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Ediie will issue a bracelet that will be be very similar to the Meraud one
    Indeed. The Meraud et al are merely a list of possibles I started compiling before Eddie suggested he would have a 20>16mm bracelet made. There'll be a wait of course as he's stated elsewhere that he wants no more stock in before April, but I'm more than happy switching between Natos until then!
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    [QUOTE=Engi;5007687]

Ediie will issue a bracelet that will be be very similar to the Meraud one, here below inside the overall specifications drawing

May I ask if Eddie will issue the black 36 mm Everest with the arms showed in the picture.
    I have the current 36 mm Smith, and surely love it - and thinking about getting another one.

If so any idea as to when the watch with the perfect arm length will come?
    Would be a step further to perfection.

[QUOTE=Brutus;5007901]

May I ask if Eddie will issue the black 36 mm Everest with the arms showed in the picture.
    I have the current 36 mm Smith, and surely love it - and thinking about getting another one.

After Eddie will sell the actual stock.

[QUOTE=Brutus;5007901]

If and when the current batch of 300 36mm Everests sells out, Eddie has indicated that any further batch of the standard black dialled version would have minor changes, including to the dimensions of the hands. A new batch couldn't be issued before April (based on what he's already said) but there's no knowing when it would be produced as that depends on sales of the current version.

FWIW the existing watch is of an incredible standard at this price level and, on the wrist, the current handset isn't an issue for me personally even though I thought it might be.
    Last edited by TF23; 27th January 2019 at 17:17. Reason: Correction of grammatical typo

Apprentice
    [QUOTE=TF23;5007908]

If and when the current batch of 300 36mm Everests sells out, Eddie has indicated that any further batch of the standard black dialled version would have minor changes, including to the dimensions of the hands. A new batch couldn't be issued before April (based on what he's already said) but there's no knowing when it would be produced as that depends on sales of the current version.

FWIW the existing watch is of an incredible standard at this price level and, on the wrist, the current handset isn't an issue for me personally even though I thought it might be.

Thank you!
    As to your points - I agree.
    I want to buy one more, but wonder if I should have two of this batch - or wait for the next charge - and wether there will be one.

As to the white dial version. It's very nice but doesn't fit my light skin well.
    Last edited by Brutus; 27th January 2019 at 18:18.

There is this rivet bracelet: watchgecko .. Vintage Rivet Berwick under the metal straps section. I’m not posting a link out of courtesy to our host. This one looks very high quality. I shall probably try to resist temptation and wait for the one that will come later to Timefactors.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    There is this rivet bracelet: watchgecko .. Vintage Rivet Berwick under the metal straps section. I’m not posting a link out of courtesy to our host. This one looks very high quality. I shall probably try to resist temptation and wait for the one that will come later to Timefactors.

That looks very good, but unfortunately it only tapers 2mm to 18mm. Probably spot on for a 38-40mm watch but not on 36mm for me. It would at best have gone on the list of possibles, if Eddie does release the mooted bracelet it should be a simple and perfect fit, no fiddling with end links. The wait goes on!
    F.T.F.A.

It does look good but it only tapers to 18mm not 16mm.

Cheers,
    Adam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Can anybody tell me if the PRS-29 36 mm wears the same as the little Smithy Everest 36mm.
    I love the fit and want another watch fitting in the same way.

does it?

Apprentice
    Can anybody tell me if the PRS-29 36 mm wears the same as the little Smithy Everest 36mm.
    I love the fit and want another watch fitting in the same way.

does it?
    They are both 36mm but lug to lug is a lot different (43.5 vs 46.8) so even having only worn one of the two, I'm going to say "no", they will not fit the same. ;)

[edit]: Even though it's not a time factors watch, I will tell you that my glycine combat 6 36mm has a very similar case profile to the everest 36mm. They are my two best fitting watches!
    Last edited by mr_nobody; 28th January 2019 at 21:59.

Journeyman
    The biggest issue with this bracelet, isn't that it only tapers to 18mm. But the fact that the straight endlinks aren't removable, so you can't use the solid Everest items. I know this, as I enquired last week.

Craftsman
    Picked up a jubilee bracelet for my Tudor GMT from WatchGecko and got a free Nato with it. Selected a new one for my Everest, and I think it works really well.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p...pszbs1wbst.jpg

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p...psjqpw0efh.jpg

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p...psbhtehzk3.jpg

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Unless it’s faulty I don’t think there’s a trick.
    It's on a spring - push it in a couple of millimetres and turn it clockwise whilst holding it “in”. (I expect that’s what you’re doing.)
    I, personally turn first anti-clockwise till I feel the slight "click" saying that I'm at the entry of the filet (tap?)
    This to be sure that I'm screwing straight.
    Damage of the screw down crown is one of the first issue in the rep watch centers.

(hope I was clear, English is not my mother language).

Quote Originally Posted by Kronoss View Post
    I, personally turn first anti-clockwise till I feel the slight "click" saying that I'm at the entry of the filet (tap?)
    This to be sure that I'm screwing straight.
    Damage of the screw down crown is one of the first issue in the rep watch centers.

(hope I was clear, English is not my mother language).

Your English was fine, and that's just how I screw in crowns myself.
    F.T.F.A.