TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reminder Luther 9pm tonight

Master
    Blog Entries

Reminder Luther 9pm tonight

Heads up guys just putting a reminder out there. Cannot wait

Master
    Yep, looking forward to this especially with the return of Alice.

Having spent the last couple of weeks watching all previous series, I cannot wait to see what this series will offer.

Yep spent a lot of Xmas re watching previous episodes. Also reminded me how hot Alice is.

Meep meep.

Never watched Luther, would it make sense to watch this series?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Never watched Luther, would it make sense to watch this series?
    Most definitely if you are into blood, gore and sex. Luther is an unconventional police detective who will stop at nothing to catch the bad guys. Each series is different so you are not really missing anything by watching for the first time. Alice is a gorgeous phsycopath from his murky past who crops up now and again and that’s about it.

Best detective series ever in my opinion

Highly recommended

Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    Most definitely if you are into blood, gore and sex. Luther is an unconventional police detective who will stop at nothing to catch the bad guys. Each series is different so you are not really missing anything by watching for the first time. Alice is a gorgeous phsycopath from his murky past who crops up now and again and that’s about it.
    Thanks, Mrs K in bed with flu so I'm free to watch whatever!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nick wood View Post
    Best detective series ever in my opinion

Highly recommended
    Agreed

Craftsman
    I hope you've realised that Luther clashes with The Inbetweeners 'Fwends Reunited' special on Channel 4 at 9pom.

Luther? Inbetweeners? Luther? Inbetweeners? Luther? Inbetweeners?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Already sorted

Watch inbetweeners tomorrow night

Looking forward to it.
    Apart from the mrs keep saying that he’s fanciable

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Queen View Post
    I hope you've realised that Luther clashes with The Inbetweeners 'Fwends Reunited' special on Channel 4 at 9pom.

Luther? Inbetweeners? Luther? Inbetweeners? Luther? Inbetweeners?

I'll be honest, i don't hold out much hope for the new inbetweeners episode, hopefully wrong, so will watch Luther then read some reviews of the inbetweeners first.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well that was a belter, more of the same next week please. Just knew Alice was going to be there last thing

That was pretty good....some excellent twists and turns

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Well that was a belter, more of the same next week please. Just knew Alice was going to be there last thing
    Tomorrow Night! Alice is back let the mayhem begin. Wotcha.
    It’s on consecutive nights this week.
    Last edited by bobdog; 1st January 2019 at 23:18.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks bobdog

Master
    As a few on here I've been catching up again on Luther over the past few weeks. Watched the new one last night and was not disappointed, excellent as usual with plenty of twists.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It could be a bit more realistic though.
    that was some beating he took,it would have killed some people or at least put you in hospital.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    It could be a bit more realistic though.
    that was some beating he took,it would have killed some people or at least put you in hospital.
    Yeah but he’s double hard isn’t he?!
    Great start to this series and great that it’s on all week- would love to see Idris as bond but not convinced it will happen

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Glover View Post
    Yeah but he’s double hard isn’t he?!
    Great start to this series and great that it’s on all week- would love to see Idris as bond but not convinced it will happen
    He is too old, by the second or third outing he would look about as sprightly as Roger Moore in his later offerings.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks like Alice is going to be busy tomorrow. It’s hotting up

Master
    Yep, she is almost upstaging Luther, perhaps it should have been called ALICE.

Craftsman
    Anyone want to buy my nans old hat pin?

Starting to warm up nicely :)

Oh Alice. Runnning around London in tight pants and a Belstaff!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    Oh Alice. Runnning around London in tight pants and a Belstaff!!!
    She just does it for me

Master
    Blog Entries
    WOW well that’s set up for a right finalie

I nearly got very emotional at the end!

Anyway, Alice in another Belstaff :)

I must make the effort to watch an episode to see what the fuss is all about. I think I’ve always been put off by the ‘unconventional detective who’ll stop at nothing......blah blah blah’ which sounds like every other cop show on tv tbh! - usually my wife will watch anything with a rugged bloke in the lead - Tom Hardy take a bow - but Idris doesn’t seem to be on her radar either so I’ll have to make the effort to take a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I've never been able to understand the obsession with police dramas and murder mystery stuff. Especially anything with a name in the title like Lewis, Luther, Morse. Why are people fascinated by death and murder?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I hardly watch TV especially TV series but when they come this good, I make an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I must make the effort to watch an episode to see what the fuss is all about. I think I’ve always been put off by the ‘unconventional detective who’ll stop at nothing......blah blah blah’ which sounds like every other cop show on tv tbh! - usually my wife will watch anything with a rugged bloke in the lead - Tom Hardy take a bow - but Idris doesn’t seem to be on her radar either so I’ll have to make the effort to take a look

I'd start with the first series, if possible. There's a lot of backstory in the current series, and you might struggle to know what's going on. You will need to fully suspend disbelief, it's not big on realism.

As an aside, does anyone else think that DS Chisholm is copying Geoff Boycott's style?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great spot. He is really menacing in this role, a total reverse from Chisolm

Master
    We are getting spoilt, first this and we have the new series of Peaky Blinders which must be imminent.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    We are getting spoilt, first this and we have the new series of Peaky Blinders which must be imminent.
    Agreed total crap then come January we have Luther, Cold Feet and this new Sheridan Smith Cleaning Up looks good
    Last edited by hilly10; 4th January 2019 at 15:56.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well Alice is no more, and how the hell can Luther talk his way out of this. Is this the end for John Luther

Master
    Well Alice is no more, and how the hell can Luther talk his way out of this. Is this the end for John Luther
    Depends if the beeb can afford him!

We didnt see alice dead in a body bag so she might do a "sherlock" and return without explaining how.
    While this series was better than the pap last series i think the program should be laid to rest now.

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    We didnt see alice dead in a body bag so she might do a "sherlock" and return without explaining how.
    While this series was better than the pap last series i think the program should be laid to rest now.

Still miles better than 'Bodyguard' though (imho).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post

I don't like police dramas, and as a general rule I don't watch any of them. I have two exceptions, Luther, and Line of Duty, both of which are edge of your seat stuff.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Silent Witness starts on Tuesday

I don't what others think, but I thought they rushed the ending a bit - it probably needed another episode. Luther knowing where to find the Surgeon,when he'd been doing other things all day, was way too easy but I guess that's what they had to do fit it into the time. The final ending was a real bummer for Alice fans (I did like her in a Blonde Wig)

Apparantly, (although they've said this before) there won't be a series 6 but likely a movie instead?

Craftsman
    This was the first time I saw this programme and while initially it was good, I felt it tailed off towards the end. Lots of unexplained events as mentioned above plus, after that bird nicked his car when he was in the police station by breaking the steering lock, ripping the wires out of the ignition switch and twisting them together to start the car, we didn’t see Luther doing that every time he jumped in it to drive it away or when he got out and I don’t think he had time to get it booked into a garage to get the steering lock and wiring repaired. Also, didn’t they do the same with another car? Can’t remember what car it was but it was young enough to have a chipped key so that trick wouldn’t have worked. Oh well, let’s not let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Agreed about the rushed bit. At the end of ep. 4 they were on Paul McGann's house, and then were suddenly at that warehouse with the cold store.

Something else I noticed was that when Luther and Halliday went into the teacher's house in looked like dusk / early evening, and when they came out it was bright daylight.

Master
    I was surprised that when Alice went after the big baddie with a machine gun that the police came in from the front without surrounding the gaff first.

Also, the forensics would see that the assassin wasn't killed by the gun that Luther was holding in the photo. ( but I guess thats just one of his many problems )

Still, really enjoyed it.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Still miles better than 'Bodyguard' though (imho).
    I preferred the bodyguard once you realise you have to roll with the unrealistic stuff.

Master
    I've liked the series but that needs to be the end. It got too unrealistic towards the end and ridiculous to think they can keep him as a Policeman though he could return as a PI.
    I particularly liked how the Police seemed largely oblivious to the machine gun fire when in George's kitchen. No way Alice would have missed him either given her accuracy with a hand gun.

Master
    It really pees me off to read that the beeb had complaints that it was too violent. Then don’t watch it rather than try to spoil others enjoyment. Hand wringing drips!