I like Eddie's render.
I'd stick with the C3-X1 zqr 23...whatever lume. Faux aged lume doesn't really do it for me. Tried it. Found it...meh.
Mercedes hands please. My God, man, it's an Explorer. (Yes, I know they didn't ALL have Mercedes hands...)
Not sure about the blued hands. I think they might "pop" too much. They seem perfect when thin and not lume filled, as in a deck watch or that beautiful Air Ministry 29. In Mercedes style, I'm a little worried they will overpower the dial. I get the visibility thing-my eyes are lousy, actually. But I've got a SARB35 with slimmer, polished hands, and have no problem reading it in any light yet.
Please, do NOT use a closed minute track. They look awful. Always. Just my opinion.
And again, please, no textured dial. Ugh.
20-16mm bracelet with old clasp sounds good. The new ratcheting clasp is nice, but I'd want it on a diver of at least SKX007 size, not on a slim dressier watch like this. And some are finding the 20-18 mm bracelet too heavy, so this 20-16 was a really good idea.
Looks like I'm in, even if hands are blued (and my impression is, they will be). I was going to get the black 36, but that clasp is too much for me, and I really want to keep this on the bracelet, so I will be getting the white version.