closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Amazon prime

Master

Amazon prime

Is there a cheaper option for Amazon Prime where you don't get all the video/music/etc... rubbish? Just the cheaper shipping for example?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    Is there a cheaper option for Amazon Prime where you don't get all the video/music/etc... rubbish? Just the cheaper shipping for example?
    I'm sure the answer is no although coincidentally, this morning, I was sent an offer for free delivery for orders between today and 5 December.

Usually, I chose whatever is the free delivery option and delivery is very quick anyway. Obviously at this time of year delivery times will be longer unless you go for next day.

It used to be possible to get some free trial with Prime.

Master
    Yes.... I think your correct but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks

Become a student and get it half price.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Become a student and get it half price.
    if you have a student email you get it free for 6 months, then half price.
    "Online retail giant Amazon is offering its Prime subscription platform free for all students for six months.

Prospective students can dodge the £39 annual charge, or the £3.99 a month fee, through the Amazon Prime Student six-month free trial - just remember to cancel after the complimentary period to avoid paying up."

Delivery is free this week anyway.

You can get a one month free extension for every time they miss the projected delivery date for prime shipments. Lately, that has happened with every other shipment and I am in my 10th free month of Prime. Unfortunately, this is limited to max 12 extra free months. So while not free, you can get a 50% discount if their logistics are as poor in the UK as they are around here.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    if you have a student email you get it free for 6 months, then half price.
    "Online retail giant Amazon is offering its Prime subscription platform free for all students for six months.

Prospective students can dodge the £39 annual charge, or the £3.99 a month fee, through the Amazon Prime Student six-month free trial - just remember to cancel after the complimentary period to avoid paying up."
    I wouldn't mind £3.99 but paying eight quid for features I don't need :-(

never mind.... ISTR hearing a couple of years ago there was a cheaper option. Maybe that's withdrawn now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    You can get a one month free extension for every time they miss the projected delivery date for prime shipments. Lately, that has happened with every other shipment and I am in my 10th free month of Prime. Unfortunately, this is limited to max 12 extra free months. So while not free, you can get a 50% discount if their logistics are as poor in the UK as they are around here.
    I've never had a late Prime delivery in London.

I do have the Student discount and use Prime Video, so for me it works out really well

Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    I've never had a late Prime delivery in London.

I do have the Student discount and use Prime Video, so for me it works out really well
    Now that you say it, I never had a late delivery in Berlin - just here in Luxembourg they have been struggling lately.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Amazon Prime is worth every penny - the TV and other extras are superb.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Journeyman
    I've been trying it for a week or two. For years I've stuck with the standard free delivery option but this seems to be very slow sometimes, with delays of several days before dispatch. I've also noticed that some things are cheaper / only available if a Prime member, so at the moment I'm reasonably pleased with it.

Prime delivery isn't a patch on what it used to be. However, even at £79 per year including the other extras, it's fantastic value.

I have the student one myself which is crazy value. Don't watch too much on Prime video but its nice to have the choice.