TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Really?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Really? x2 lol

Journeyman
    There is a Pepsi GMT (new model, maxi case) in the window at Dawson's jewellers in Dublin. I took a photo but can't seem to upload the photo with my post. If anyone wants to see the photo just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    There is a Pepsi GMT (new model, maxi case) in the window at Dawson's jewellers in Dublin. I took a photo but can't seem to upload the photo with my post. If anyone wants to see the photo just let me know
    They aren't an AD so probably priced at the usual 15k plus.

Master
    WOS Heathrow T3 had a Black Exp II on Wednesday.

Craftsman
    Finally saw the WatchFinder in the BullRing in Birmingham. they have a Hulk, Batman & Skydweller in the front window amongst other watches and also a black ceramic Daytona inside. Yours for a grand total of £17,000! Person there was interested in valuing my Hulk against the Daytona, declined as I’m not selling my Hulk and not paying £17,000 for a Daytona

Craftsman

Very Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    Finally saw the WatchFinder in the BullRing in Birmingham. they have a Hulk, Batman & Skydweller in the front window amongst other watches and also a black ceramic Daytona inside. Yours for a grand total of £17,000! Person there was interested in valuing my Hulk against the Daytona, declined as I’m not selling my Hulk and not paying £17,000 for a Daytona
    Very smart move on your part. With what appears to be a push for greater profit by Watchfinder, the buy in offers seem to be decreasing in value but their asking prices are ever increasing. Spoken to a number of WIS and my own experience over the past six months, certainly noticed a change in the wind at WF.

£17k for a Daytona! Unfortunately the Pespi markup is so ludicrous that it makes the Daytona look a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Very smart move on your part. With what appears to be a push for greater profit by Watchfinder, the buy in offers seem to be decreasing in value but their asking prices are ever increasing. Spoken to a number of WIS and my own experience over the past six months, certainly noticed a change in the wind at WF.

£17k for a Daytona! Unfortunately the Pespi markup is so ludicrous that it makes the Daytona look a bargain.
    The lovely folks at Chisholm Hunter have an £18500 steel Daytona and a £13,995 BLNR......
    Beat that!!!!

Craftsman

Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    The lovely folks at Chisholm Hunter have an £18500 steel Daytona and a £13,995 BLNR......
    Beat that!!!!
    With six weeks to Christmas they might as well try their luck before they go into the January sales at £18 & £13.5 respectively.

Would love to meet their pricing manager, not sure i would be able to keep a straight face if they thought that those were competitive prices.

Seems like the greys in the UK are shameless in their asking prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I already want a Daytona but haven’t got any expectations on getting on as I’d only be interested at RRP or slightly more, no way near that much more!
    I’d rather stump the extra £5k or so and get a Aquanut from a grey dealer!

Still nice to see one in person, only the second black face Daytona I have saw in real life

Regarding Xmas, I got my BLNR 2 day’s before Xmas in 2016, the AD couldn’t find anyone to take it and called me a second time which was when I agreed to buy it. Was only on the list for 5 days at that point!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Dont Rolex close down for a break now for a month or two!?

If this is the case grey prices could go up more!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Dont Rolex close down for a break now for a month or two!?

If this is the case grey prices could go up more!
    Not to my knowledge. But heck they can do whatever they want, price an LV at £35k and watch the rest rise slowly until people start believing they are worth £35k

i work in Mayfair, two minutes away from the Ritz, burlington arcade etc. A couple of weeks ago i traipsed around four ADs nearby, credit card at the ready, looking to buy an Explorer 1. None had any in stock, or any idea when they might arrive. Finally the nice WoS guy checked his system and said there were none anywhere in central London- just one in Brighton and one in Oxford. This whole situation seems bizarre!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Sub ND while being popular in the WIS community, was never a popular watch for joe public, and many years ago considered as the entry level poor mans rolex. Staggering it on such a long waiting list
    Funnily enough when I bought mine 18 years ago , the Swiss dealer had the sub nd , sub d and sea dweller all in stock at the time.

I ruled out the sub d because of the cyclops, then eventually opted for the sub nd.

If I’d known then what I know now I’d have bought all three. !

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Funnily enough when I bought mine 18 years ago , the Swiss dealer had the sub nd , sub d and sea dweller all in stock at the time.

I ruled out the sub d because of the cyclops, then eventually opted for the sub nd.

If I’d known then what I know now I’d have bought all three. !
    It’s a great watch the no date sub, should my LV not arrive in the next few months then I’ll have to get one!

Banned
    The wait shouldn’t be to long for a ND sub.
    I put my name down on Sunday and got the call today to collect on Friday.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Where?!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    Where?!

Goldsmiths

I haven't hounded the AD but it's now 12 mo the for a no date sub. I've only bought one Rolex from them before. Very annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post

I wish you could just buy online with Rolex and take a ticket, wait your turn.

Genius idea!

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I haven't hounded the AD but it's now 12 mo the for a no date sub. I've only bought one Rolex from them before. Very annoying!
    I do sometimes wonder if it's 'out of sight out of mind' - you can be sure that others on the waitlist are chasing for theirs and who knows, an AD might just call the persistent chaser to get him/her off their books so to speak.

Master
    Hands up, those who believe there is such a thing as a 'waiting list.' I don't, I think it is just an imaginary list used to fob people off. I know people who quickly get AD access to virtually every model, sometimes three or four in one year. Other customers wait for months, years, and never get the watch. There is no ''list', just favoured buyers.
    I know of one AD who wears a new white-dial ceramic Daytona, while telling customers they are virtually unobtainable.
    Last edited by paskinner; 8th November 2018 at 12:34.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Hands up, those who believe there is such a thing as a 'waiting list.' I don't, I think it is just an imaginary list used to fob people off. I know people who quickly get AD access to virtually every model, sometimes three or four in one year. Other customers wait for months, years, and never get the watch. There is no ''list', just favoured buyers.
    I know of one AD who wears a new white-dial ceramic Daytona, while telling customers they are virtually unobtainable.
    All true.

I was offered a SS BLRO (& purchased) without even asking for one (I did however ask to have a look @ it).
    It could be that they offered the BLRO as I was making a PM purchase?
    Last edited by Van Diemen; 8th November 2018 at 13:56.

Craftsman
    That’s actually a really good idea. Order your watch of choice, get a realistic eta, either accept it, pay up and take a ticket, or leave it.

Customers would know where they stand and would not have to play ad fake waiting list games!!

Craftsman
    Blue dial 40mm yachtmaster in Goldsmiths Liverpool today, now £8900 so i wasn't tempted. Not much else unless gold was involved

Hugh rice in hull

Closed for staff training this morning, but a few in the window.

Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post
    That’s actually a really good idea. Order your watch of choice, get a realistic eta, either accept it, pay up and take a ticket, or leave it.

Customers would know where they stand and would not have to play ad fake waiting list games!!
    how could AD;s sell to their friends and family members if people could see the list!!

There’s plenty of 2nd hand offerings around the Notts shop windows at present. All nicely marked up even higher for Xmas....

Hahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    how could AD;s sell to their friends and family members if people could see the list!!

Master
    Abroad at the moment and there is a Deep Sea (not the Blue one) available at the AD. Along with the usual explorer 1 and 2. TT sky dweller. TT Daytona.

The usual scenario with everything else!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Abroad at the moment and there is a Deep Sea (not the Blue one) available at the AD. Along with the usual explorer 1 and 2. TT sky dweller. TT Daytona.

The usual scenario with everything else!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Are you on a secret mission?

Pretty strange, going out of your way to keep the city/dealer to yourself?
    Last edited by blackal; 12th November 2018 at 21:09.

Craftsman
    There is an explorer 1 in the Bullring Birmingham today..Goldsmiths...and a Sea Dweller..

That was 1500 today..

Friday in Newport just south of Los Angeles while at fashion island outlet AD there was one explorer 1 available. It arrived Thursday night and the sales manager figured it would be sold by Saturday lunch at the latest. They have had no SS sports models for 2 months and don’t plan to see any anytime soon. Like the explorer they just randomly show up with their other stock. List on the explorer 1 was 5500 USD. I tried it on... the manager says is was only still available as he had only just started his shift and no one else was authorized to ‘process it’. I could have bought it then and there as they aren’t doing lists... there is no need as apparently everyone’s money is just as good as the next persons. To be fair... there appears to be so much cash flashed around that part of the world he’s right... pick a movie star or top radio artist and they are there. Apparently I just missed lady gaga and Gerald Butler.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    There is an explorer 1 in the Bullring Birmingham today..Goldsmiths...and a Sea Dweller..

That was 1500 today..
    Which version of Sea Dweller?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I could have bought it then and there as they aren’t doing lists... there is no need as apparently everyone’s money is just as good as the next persons.
    Now there's a sales model that all ADs would do well to adopt...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Friday in Newport just south of Los Angeles while at fashion island outlet AD there was one explorer 1 available. It arrived Thursday night and the sales manager figured it would be sold by Saturday lunch at the latest. They have had no SS sports models for 2 months and don’t plan to see any anytime soon. Like the explorer they just randomly show up with their other stock. List on the explorer 1 was 5500 USD. I tried it on... the manager says is was only still available as he had only just started his shift and no one else was authorized to ‘process it’. I could have bought it then and there as they aren’t doing lists... there is no need as apparently everyone’s money is just as good as the next persons. To be fair... there appears to be so much cash flashed around that part of the world he’s right... pick a movie star or top radio artist and they are there. Apparently I just missed lady gaga and Gerald Butler.
    Great part of the world (if you have lots of money). Try and head to South Coast Plaza - best watch shops outside Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Now there's a sales model that all ADs would do well to adopt...

With the potential for immediate resale - the genuine (bought for himself) buyer, would never be able to get one.............

Master
    ^ It seems to me they can never get one anyway.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    With the potential for immediate resale - the genuine (bought for himself) buyer, would never be able to get one.............
    If you are currently a genuine buyer for one of the more desirable pieces you currently may have zero chance as the system is manipulated by the AD's in favour of customers they can sell other things to.

I have a friend being told he needs to spend £50k to get a Daytona. He has spent almost that but his SS sports model purchases don't count towards it. He wants to get the the WG Daytona on OysterFlex and the SS Daytona but was told you can't get the SS Daytona by buying a different Daytona, it would need to be SkyDweller, Day Date etc. What a shambles.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    If you are currently a genuine buyer for one of the more desirable pieces you currently may have zero chance as the system is manipulated by the AD's in favour of customers they can sell other things to.

Journeyman

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Check returns policy, buy both, return the pm watch. Job done, who wants to deal with an ad who treats customers who have spent £50k with them like that...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Strchr03; 15th November 2018 at 13:27.

Craftsman

As of 10:30 this morning at goldsmiths bullring

Craftsman
    Chisholms Hunter @ South Gyle, Edinburgh at lunchtime today. That GMT Coke has been there for about 2 months to my knowledge so could probably knock them down on price if anyone is keen. I'd be going in if I had the money!

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p...pslwqbucnm.jpg

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p...pslwqbucnm.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    This is supposed to be the 2nd pic I attached:

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p...psz6whxp8f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Need an Explorer for xmas!! Anybody in Bham or Manchester Liverpool could please pm me if they see one....thanks

Pennywise.... Couple of posts above...
    Need an Explorer for xmas!! Anybody in Bham or Manchester Liverpool could please pm me if they see one....thanks

Craftsman
    Bullring Goldsmiths always seems to have an Explorer on display whenever I walk past, give them a call.

I was speaking to the Fraser Hart store manager in Solihull over the weekend, had a short but pleasant chat with him and not the usual brushed off responses most get from AD’s. They have received 5 Pepsi GMT’s since they were released this year, which is actually more than I was expecting

Craftsman
    Surely people who really want a Daytona would just bite the bullet and pay the premium from a grey dealer , who would wait 5 years or more , or buy £50000 of unwanted watches.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

I had a watch regulated by Mappin & Webb last week and casually enquired about the availability of a Rolex Explorer. They said they could likely get me one quite quickly if I wanted one. I guess they draw on group stock, which includes Goldsmiths and Watches of Switzerland. So my top tip is don't wait to see one, go in and ask!

Ant