closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CHNR

Master

CHNR

What is the consensus? Was my favourite release this year in the Rolex lineup, but now my turn has come (got the call yesterday) I am getting cold feet. Recently bought the BLNR which makes it harder, as cannot justify having both! Any views?

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    What is the consensus? Was my favourite release this year in the Rolex lineup, but now my turn has come (got the call yesterday) I am getting cold feet. Recently bought the BLNR which makes it harder, as cannot justify having both! Any views?
    Get some warm socks.

Blog Entries
    Like it lots and would get it, sell blnr.

I quite like it, has a warm feel to it. I feel that the BLNR is the more versatile of the 2 though as it has a more timeless look.

Are you looking for another watch?

How long was your wait for the BLNR? Getting the call for the CHNR fairly quickly after the BLNR is pretty lucky!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    What is a CHNR?

Master
    CHocolate and NoiR colour combination GMT Master from what I can find.

I like it and wouldn’t swap it for a BLNR.

As to versatility compared to a BLNR, I think that’s just down to an individual view of what someone is comfortable wearing at different times.

Master
    Love the CHNR, and if you are getting at retail go for it. I am not a big TT fan but that one looks stunning.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    I like it and wouldn’t swap it for a BLNR.

As to versatility compared to a BLNR, I think that’s just down to an individual view of what someone is comfortable wearing at different times.
    Oh totally agree, it is down to the individual. Both are great watches and I don't think you could go wrong with either. Would you have both though?

Master
    I like it, it’s a great watch.

Master
    If you’re getting cold feet I could take your place in that list :P

I’m getting a CHNR as soon as my AD gives me the call. I picked up a new BLNR from my AD today but the moment I get the call re. the. CHNR il be shot of the BLNR. The CHNR has the newer movement which I’m itching to try and it just seems to sing to me whereas I thought I needed a batman again as I’d had one and hadn’t gelled with it a few years back but decided to give it another go. Compared to the CHNR I just don’t think the batman compares. I find the CHNR bezel to be more interesting, the dial and hands more luxiourious in general and overall a lovely looking reference...

Craftsman
    Probably my favourite Rolex, so beautiful

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird84 View Post
    Oh totally agree, it is down to the individual. Both are great watches and I don't think you could go wrong with either. Would you have both though?
    In a collection of about six probably not. With a dozen or so, then maybe yes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I’m getting a CHNR as soon as my AD gives me the call. I picked up a new BLNR from my AD today but the moment I get the call re. the. CHNR il be shot of the BLNR. The CHNR has the newer movement which I’m itching to try and it just seems to sing to me whereas I thought I needed a batman again as I’d had one and hadn’t gelled with it a few years back but decided to give it another go. Compared to the CHNR I just don’t think the batman compares. I find the CHNR bezel to be more interesting, the dial and hands more luxiourious in general and overall a lovely looking reference...
    I would do the same as you. Swapping BLNR for CHNR is my ideal. But not really easy for me to do that as I don't have the card for the BLNR!! If that was the case it would already be on my wrist and the BLNR moved on...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I would do the same as you. Swapping BLNR for CHNR is my ideal. But not really easy for me to do that as I don't have the card for the BLNR!! If that was the case it would already be on my wrist and the BLNR moved on...
    Pretty sure you could still sell without the card, no ?

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    What is a CHNR?
    I thought it was one of those Geneva based international organisations

Master
    What’s the current wait for it? Bucherer told me a year and WoS want a 20% deposit for similar waiting time.

This is in London of course ....

Owl1
    The only TT watch i like buy it .

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Pretty sure you could still sell without the card, no ?
    You can ally but as discussed with my AD yesterday, if they find out you sell a watch within a year of purchase, (high demand models only), they will stop selling you any further watches. I’m happy to buy what they give me at the moment as they seem to be furnishing me with what I want and I’m very close to getting a white dial Daytona at list. (Well when I say close, within 12 months). For me I’m happy to play the game for 12 months and if I sell any watches after 12 months as reiterated yesterday, they couldn’t care less. I picked up the BLNR as I’d originally had my heart set on the CHNR but when I enquired about getting one he couldn’t confirm when he could get me one only that I would definitely have the next one. When I asked about the BLNR he said oh you can have that next week! I thought great, it’s £3k cheaper than the CHNR but I keep seeing photos of the CHNR and it just looks so much more special than the batman imo coupled with the newer movement I think it’s a no brainer!

Craftsman
    Seen one in person at a grey market seller, prefer the BLNR over it but I wouldn’t say no to owning one along side it

Master
    Blog Entries

CHNR

I love the CHNR, I also wonder how long the older GMT models have left as they can’t keep making the 3186 movement.

Apprentice
    I really like this watch, so would pick it over the blnr. Since it was announced I regularly think about getting rid of my 2 most (only) valuable watches and putting the proceeds towards one.

I collected one in August, and it's so easy to wear every day - the black/brown work beautifully with the rose gold.

The fact that the BLRO Pepsi on Jubilee is currently selling for £1,500 more than the CHNR at Watchfinder is nonsense.
    Last edited by W124; 8th October 2018 at 18:12.

Craftsman
    Too blingy for me, I cannot seem to get away with bi-metals

Lovely. My favourite watch.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Considering selling off my two Tudor and sticking a bit of cash towards one of these. Perhaps for my birthday next Feb.

None on Watchfinder and UK prices start from 12,950 on Chrono24. What's the RRP?
    Last edited by Bonesey; 9th October 2018 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post
    Considering selling off my two Tudor and sticking a bit of cash towards one of these. Perhaps for my birthday next Feb.

None on Watchfinder and UK prices start from 12,950 on Chrono24. What's the RRP?
    £10850

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Love the CHNR, and if you are getting at retail go for it. I am not a big TT fan but that one looks stunning.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I don’t usually like two tone, but something about the rose gold makes it work for me. Beautiful watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Bi-metal

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    Too blingy for me, I cannot seem to get away with bi-metals
    You always know that at some point Bi-metal will fall out of favour as it has done over the years and probably similar to the colour variants, Brown and Blue which are currently riding a wave at the moment in the watch design departments.

Always thought that all steel or all gold is the way to go on Rolex and cannot quite decide what bi-metal really brings to the party but the Gmt which would have been better in my opinion on a Brown dial, certainly gives buyers a different look from the other contenders. WF etc are charging way over RRP on this model and my view, this is a decent watch but never a premium model.

As everyone says and I agree, as long as you are happy with the watch, opinions never matter.

Master
    What do we think are the chances of a TT sub in RG? Now that would be interesting. The only thing really attracting me to GMT models is the colours but generally I prefer the sub!

Craftsman
    I'd love to see the full rose gold CHNR on oysterflex - unless if anyone has tried a Rubber B on it so far?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post

Approximately 11k with the new increase

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Like it lots and would get it, sell blnr.
    Amen...Rootbeer is the way to go, forget the Batman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunner. Defo worth the wait

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    I collected one in August, and it's so easy to wear every day - the black/brown work beautifully with the rose gold.

The fact that the BLRO Pepsi on Jubilee is currently selling for £1,500 more than the CHNR at Watchfinder is nonsense.
    Looks great. Any lume shots ? Is it green or blue.

Master
    To me it looks like an old man’s watch, TT smacks of trying too hard, but not hard enough to afford gold. The CLs wear quickly due to the gold being softer than the SS.

And black and brown (not “chocolate” it’s 70’s dog sh*t brown) is a no no for me, no class mixing those two colours together

Just my opinion of course

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    To me it looks like an old man’s watch, TT smacks of trying too hard, but not hard enough to afford gold. The CLs wear quickly due to the gold being softer than the SS.

And black and brown (not “chocolate” it’s 70’s dog sh*t brown) is a no no for me, no class mixing those two colours together

Just my opinion of course
    Not a fan then??😂😂 Nice balanced review!

That dog sh*t brown comment reminds me of my first car. Don’t know what possessed me looking back. Never liked the colour, even at the time. Definetely a 70s / early 80s “trend”!!

I am not a big fan of two tone Rolex models. But I think this is the best of them. If you like it, go for it. Batman is everywhere...