closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Prs-29a out of stock.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Great minds.. mine will be out for the Friday thread.
    Here it is for comparison,in good company

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MilSpec60 View Post
    I think that Eddie's new release is by far an excellent specimen however I with my 7.5" wrist cannot see a 36mm with a 18mm strap. I have attempted to wear watches as such in the past and just cannot get away with it. My only hopes and prayers at the moment are for somehow a "air ministry" 40 mm with a 20 mm strap size to become a reality. You knocked this one out of the park Eddie, great job Sir.

DKPW's advice in prior post #598 could easily be your best alternative, but after reading your post above, I remembered that I'd already written something earlier in this thread and thought I'd put up the possibly relevant part below for what its worth if a "B" doesn't show up V

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    ..........................................With that said and out of the way, those of you who have been hoping for more of the larger 39mm 29B models might still take a very close look at the new re-spec'ed 36mm 29 shortly to arrive because I'm thinking that you might just find you like it a lot as well. The reasons I say that are you will still have the sapphire and springbars you probably wanted with the “B”, and if these new 29s are still to retain the homaged Smiths GS 4701 W10's characteristic supermodel long legs (i.e. lugs), you might be very surprised to find that these aesthetically very special long and slim watches fit larger wrists far better than any other 36mm watch you might have ever tried. ..................................................
    Last edited by Rollon; 19th October 2018 at 07:56.

I keep looking at the hands and I was sure they weren't painted or chemically blued so I checked with the manufacturer and they're proper heat blued.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I keep looking at the hands and I was sure they weren't painted or chemically blued so I checked with the manufacturer and they're proper heat blued.

Eddie
    I was looking at the pictures and thinking that those were the best chemically blued hands I'd seen. Cool.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

My wife took delivery of the AM today and checked it over. Her first message to me was:

“The hands look like a lovely midnight blue colour“
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

All you guys that have yours must have been in real early. My confirmation email was received at 07.36 and I haven’t got shipping notice yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rainer Nienaber blues his own hands in small batches. His technique is interesting, he places the steel hands on top of a metal trough of brass filings over a burner. The brass gives an equal heat over the entire surface so that the hands blue evenly. Depending on the length of exposure, different colours can be produced, even a rich burgundy colour.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    All you guys that have yours must have been in real early. My confirmation email was received at 07.36 and I haven’t got shipping notice yet!

I was late to the party at 0747 so must be well down the list!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post

Mine was 7:33 and nothing :(

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Mine was 7:33 and nothing :(
    Ditto - got my confirmation at 07.34

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
    Ditto - got my confirmation at 07.34
    Email just came through.

Cheers Eddie. Must be having a heck of a busy week.

Journeyman
    Email just came through.

Cheers Eddie. Must be having a heck of a busy week.
    Snap! Many thanks Eddie - this will be my 5th TF watch and I have a suspicion it may become my fave !

The more I look at it, the more I like it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    Received my Air Ministry in Whitstable this morning!

Simply stunning! Can’t wait for my AM to arrive

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    Received my Air Ministry in Whitstable this morning!

Ohh, i like that.

Arrived this morning, unboxed this afternoon took some pics then the curse of Branson struck for 2 hours!

Another excellent job Mr Platts thank you!

Smiths Military PRS-29A by Paul, on Flickr

Smiths Military PRS-29A by Paul, on Flickr

Thanks Eddie, from your photos pre release I was amazed at the hands and thought they looked as good as any blued hands I'd seen. Now this explains that perfectly
    Rainer Nienaber blues his own hands in small batches. His technique is interesting, he places the steel hands on top of a metal trough of brass filings over a burner. The brass gives an equal heat over the entire surface so that the hands blue evenly. Depending on the length of exposure, different colours can be produced, even a rich burgundy colour.

Eddie
    Sent from my PH-1 using some kind of voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    Thanks Eddie, from your photos pre release I was amazed at the hands and thought they looked as good as any blued hands I'd seen. Now this explains that perfectly

Sent from my PH-1 using some kind of voodoo
    I was just surprised they were heat blued at this price point, I expected chemically blued.

Eddie

I ended up with number 005. Timekeeping is +5s day and I’m on my 5th strap since it arrived yesterday

5 just became my favourite number :-)

Master
    Got my order in for a black-dial version at 7.30 exactly; got the shipping notice yesterday and it arrived today. It's gone straight on to a whisky-coloured Horween shell cordovan strap.

Now this has hardly been a divisive issue, but I'm definitely in the 'Wow!' camp. The sapphire crystal is wonderful, solid and crystal-clear, and the spring bars the reason I moved along my original PRS-29a. The new numbering is just fantastic; the dial a deeper black, and a bit finer in finish than the last version. Lume is great, and the whole package just superb.

Downsides? A bit sharp on the edges underneath--but they don't make contact with the wrist. The etching on the caseback isn't as deep as the last version. And the finish of the hands--the edges--is a bit rough under a loupe.

Then again, I didn't pay 2K for this. It looks and feels just terrific, and isn't leaving my wrist anytime soon.

By the way, the NATO is great(colour, fabric and hardware). Pity I just don't get along with them. It'll sit in the nice customised Timefactors 2-watch travel case.

Quote Originally Posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Got my order in for a black-dial version at 7.30 exactly; got the shipping notice yesterday and it arrived today. It's gone straight on to a whisky-coloured Horween shell cordovan strap.

Now this has hardly been a divisive issue, but I'm definitely in the 'Wow!' camp. The sapphire crystal is wonderful, solid and crystal-clear, and the spring bars the reason I moved along my original PRS-29a. The new numbering is just fantastic; the dial a deeper black, and a bit finer in finish than the last version. Lume is great, and the whole package just superb.

Downsides? A bit sharp on the edges underneath--but they don't make contact with the wrist. The etching on the caseback isn't as deep as the last version. And the finish of the hands--the edges--is a bit rough under a loupe.

Then again, I didn't pay 2K for this. It looks and feels just terrific, and isn't leaving my wrist anytime soon.

By the way, the NATO is great(colour, fabric and hardware). Pity I just don't get along with them. It'll sit in the nice customised Timefactors 2-watch travel case.

Please post pic of your black PRS-29A on the cordovan strap !

Master
    Thank you! My Air Ministry arrived today. It is wonderful, highly legible, has a great size, and in every way looks the part. The domed sapphire and drilled lugs are nice upgrades. It was wonderful to hear that demand for this excellent-value Timefactors product exceeded expectations. Bravo Eddie!
    For reference, my wrist circumference 19.25 cm = 7.78 inches in old money. IMO, even those with fairly big flippers should be happy with the size.

DA40945A-F62E-4FD7-831F-45F34DF41CCD by kronografik, on Flickr

Cheers,
    Gert

The AM is quite possibly my most anticipated watch in a long time since Oliver (I think) did the first renderings.

At this moment in time, I'd be over the moon just to receive an 'it's on its way' email.

It has certainly lived up to, and surpassed my expectations looking at the pictures.

All the AM owners out there, and the new A owners to, you have great taste

Eddie
    This is very interesting. Glad to hear the hands are done this way. So is there other information about how the watches were designed or made?
    Is this the shop? I think this piece will give my Stowa MO a run for its money.

https://www.nienaber-uhren.de/en_index.html

Oh, and as numbers go I am hoping for 007 :)
    Last edited by parsig9; 19th October 2018 at 01:34.

Apprentice

Please help educate me.

Is there any hope to still get a Air Ministry? If so please help guide me as to what I need to do to get on the list and anything thereafter. Your guidance will greatly be appreciated.

Is there any hope to still get a Air Ministry? If so please help guide me as to what I need to do to get on the list and anything thereafter. Your guidance will greatly be appreciated.
    I don't belive Eddie 'does' lists, but if you read the thread above you will see that there are more on the way....
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert View Post
    Thank you! My Air Ministry arrived today. It is wonderful, highly legible, has a great size, and in every way looks the part. The domed sapphire and drilled lugs are nice upgrades. It was wonderful to hear that demand for this excellent-value Timefactors product exceeded expectations. Bravo Eddie!
    For reference, my wrist circumference 19.25 cm = 7.78 inches in old money. IMO, even those with fairly big flippers should be happy with the size.

DA40945A-F62E-4FD7-831F-45F34DF41CCD by kronografik, on Flickr

Cheers,
    Gert

I think that is one of the most beautiful looking shots of a watch I can remember ever seeing, Gert. Seems perfect on that color and style strap.

Is that maybe one of Eddie's TF Closed-End Aviators in the 18mm/Brown? ----> https://www.timefactors.com/tfaviatorstrap.htm

That watch really does look aesthetically perfect as to form and variegating color there in that shot and you caught it just right to my eye. Thanks for showing
    Last edited by Rollon; 19th October 2018 at 04:22.

Apprentice
    Ok, should I e-mail Eddie that I have interest and then go from there?

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I don't belive Eddie 'does' lists, but if you read the thread above you will see that there are more on the way....

Master
    Wait until the shop opens and then order one.

Turn up here on Tuesday morning and you might get lucky.
    https://www.timefactors.com/prs29new.htm

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Turn up here on Tuesday morning and you might get lucky.
    https://www.timefactors.com/prs29new.htm

MilSpec,
    I think what Seikopath and Hafie and Mr. Curta are trying to tell you is that you'll be fine if you're just a bit quicker on the draw the next time you get a shot at these, because you'll have at least 100 more flying your way soon enough, and maybe 200 more sometime after that, and you're sure to center one yet

Here's Eddie's post below that Seikopath referred to above >>>------->

Just ordered another 100 of the Air Ministry. Had to order 300 cases but can only fill 100 of them because of a shortage of movements.

Eddie

You'll get one

I may be wrong but I don't think that the first batch of the AM is sold out yet. TF is closed at the moment to allow Eddie to ship the large number of initial orders.

I'm predicting an early closure for TF this week

Master
    I think that is one of the most beautiful looking shots of a watch I can remember ever seeing, Gert. Seems perfect on that color and style strap.

Is that maybe one of Eddie's TF Closed-End Aviators in the 18mm/Brown? ----> https://www.timefactors.com/tfaviatorstrap.htm

That watch really does look aesthetically perfect as to form and variegating color there in that shot and you caught it just right to my eye. Thanks for showing
    Thanks. Yes that is indeed the Timefactors Aviator/Brown, which is a fairly substantial strap that needs a little time to be shaped by the wrist. But it is very well balanced on my wrist with the 29AM. And on a 19.25 cm/7.78 in wrist there are two unused holes left on the distal side of the buckle, FYI. This strap would be OK with just one hole left, so a slightly more substantial wrist could also be fine with this particular combination, IMO.

Gert
    Last edited by Gert; 19th October 2018 at 08:05. Reason: wrong numbers, sorry

I still have 38 of the AM in stock but I wouldn't be surprised if they all go next week.

Eddie

Craftsman
    Good, I was worried I will be right there.

Master
    I still have 38 of the AM in stock but I wouldn't be surprised if they all go next week.

Eddie
    Congratulations 😊 More than 60% of first batch sold in three days is very impressive! I am curious how the AM launch sales compares to past models? Is this the fastest one out of the gate? 🚀

Gert

Congratulations  More than 60% of first batch sold in three days is very impressive! I am curious how the AM launch sales compares to past models? Is this the fastest one out of the gate? 

Gert
    I actually sold 113 of the Smiths Military in 8 hours before I had to close the shop (62 AM and 51 black dial). I'm pretty sure that this is the greatest number in the shortest time but if anyone remembers the first 50 of the Speedbird III, with the chronometer grade movement? All 50 sold in a few minutes and I'm certain I could have sold many more if they'd been available.

Eddie

Master
    Thanks. Yes that is indeed the Timefactors Aviator/Brown, which is a fairly substantial strap that needs a little time to be shaped by the wrist. But it is very well balanced on my wrist with the 29AM. And on a 19.25 cm/7.78 in wrist there are two unused holes left on the distal side of the buckle, FYI. This strap would be OK with just one hole left, so a slightly more substantial wrist could also be fine with this particular combination, IMO.

Gert
    Thanks on verifying that as the Aviator and all the good details as to it, Gert

I didn't specifically mention it above because everything about your watch/strap combination seemed just about as aesthetically right as it gets, but what kept especially catching my attention about it was the intensely bright metallic blue reflected from the now verified as genuine "fire blue" (AKA "nitre blue" according to a well known metal finishing/restoration specialist over here) and its interaction with the light golden hues of your Aviator in that photograph. Thanks again for showing it

United States reporting

Received the UPS tracking number - should be here on Monday 22 October
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apprentice
    How many ordered in the first few minutes? My confirmation was 07:49 and I havn't had a shipping email yet so a fair few in front of me. Sadly it means that I now wont see my new AM until the end of the month as I'm working abroad from Sunday for a week or so. I was hoping to take it with me, the chap I'm doing some work for has a 1 of 500 Breitling DC3 round the world Navtimer special edition, it was his DC3 that made the flight, and I was hoping to show him a rarer one. Guess I'll have to take my PRS 82.
    Excited that I've got a AM coming though, just disappointed that I wont see it till I get back

Master
    What's the expected time keeping of these watches?

In 12 hours one has gained about 7 seconds and the other has lost 10 seconds from fully wound. Do they need running in? I'll set and test again tomorrow if I remember.

Now I'm worried those unusually tall lugs will hang over the edge of my pathetic child-wrists. (6". Don't tell anyone.)

Last edited by JamesUK; 20th October 2018 at 01:13.

What's the expected time keeping of these watches?

In 12 hours one has gained about 7 seconds and the other has lost 10 seconds from fully wound. Do they need running in? I'll set and test again tomorrow if I remember.
    Unless you are wearing both at the same time, some of those 12 hours will be in a resting state. Try different orientations when not being worn, crown up, down, resting on the caseback, and see how the timekeeping goes. Sometimes a gain or loss whilst on the wrist can be more or less cancelled out overnight.

Apprentice
    Thank you for the encouragement.

MilSpec,
    I think what Seikopath and Hafie and Mr. Curta are trying to tell you is that you'll be fine if you're just a bit quicker on the draw the next time you get a shot at these, because you'll have at least 100 more flying your way soon enough, and maybe 200 more sometime after that, and you're sure to center one yet

Here's Eddie's post below that Seikopath referred to above >>>------->

You'll get one

Apprentice
    Where I'm at in Michigan we are 5 hours ahead of where the shop is. What time does the shop open on Tuesday? Thank you in advance, MilSpec60.

Where I'm at in Michigan we are 5 hours ahead of where the shop is. What time does the shop open on Tuesday? Thank you in advance, MilSpec60.
    'About' 07:30 UK time. You'll want to be online at 02:25 in MI.

Apprentice
    'About' 07:30 UK time. You'll want to be online at 02:25 in MI.
    Hi

I ordered the Black 29a - first Timefactors watch - very excited. Really looking forward to the 36mm Everest !! Well done Eddie.

Craftsman
    Tried on a Fluco Shell Cordovan, I think I have found the right strap for me.

And a family shot with my 29B and my old W10

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Very nice group you have there Ben.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by Ben265 View Post
    Tried on a Fluco Shell Cordovan, I think I have found the right strap for me.

And a family shot with my 29B and my old W10

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk
    Nice one!! if anyone has the new 29a and a W10, a similar side by side picture would be awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app