closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SCHAFFEN Kickstarter

Hybrid View

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    No, it just turned up one day, normal Royal Mail delivery with the postman.
    Thanks for the additional information. Will have to wait, then. I'm just afraid the local postal service might fail to notify me of a parcel, as has happened in the past. Don't want it to go back! ;-)

Master
    Nice, good looking IWC ingenieur k̶n̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ homage

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Nice, good looking IWC ingenieur k̶n̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ homage
    Same old argument, but as someone said right in the original post...

"Pretty obvious what the inspirations are, but IWC don’t make the Genta style Ingenieur any more, and their crown guard was too big anyway."

"International Watch Company" always sounds like a Hong Kong Ripoff business to me anyway!

M

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Same old argument, but as someone said right in the original post...

"Pretty obvious what the inspirations are, but IWC don’t make the Genta style Ingenieur any more, and their crown guard was too big anyway."

"International Watch Company" always sounds like a Hong Kong Ripoff business to me anyway!

M
    No argument, just observation. And I'm happy someone is carrying on the style, it is a good looker.

Just looked at the current IWC ones, how very boring in execution.

I know what you mean IWC, very happy pleasing sir watches, finest quartz automatics avairable

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    No argument, just observation. And I'm happy someone is carrying on the style, it is a good looker.
    Just looked at the current IWC ones, how very boring in execution.
    It is tragic that IWC simply gave up on the Jumbo Ingy. Apparently they didn't sell well and it seems they wrongly concluded that people didn't really want a more affordable alternative to the Royal Oak and Nautilus with genuine Genta heritage! I'm pretty sure they do though. In reality they didn't sell due to being quite highly priced for an S300 watch, and being completely outflanked by Omega on the anti-magnetic front - not to mention the oversized crown guard, my personal gripe, and the intentionally entry level plain dials. And the rest of the range were just stupidly huge. But it was nearly a great watch and had an excellent bracelet, and I wish they'd kept tweaking it until it worked. Frankly I don't care much if it's antimagnetic or not, they could have put a high accuracy quartz in it so long as they fixed the crown guard and slightly improved the dial. As for the other S65 inspiration, the Laureato, I've tried and tried to like it, but there's just something fusty about it, emanating from the date wheel font and spreading to the rest of the dial. If it could just be a bit more clean and modern... So as it is I'll take the Schaffen and see if that keeps me amused.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
    I’m not blaming them for UK customs charges. It’s their appalling comms that’s done my head in.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    However I haven't received a shipping email! Last communication was along the lines that it should ship in the next week. That was several weeks ago and nothing but radio silence since - and obviously no watch has arrived
    That sounds a tad familiar. I was asked to confirm my shipping address. Then: Nothing. For weeks. I sent increasinly panicked mails asking them for a tracking number, imagining the parcel lying at the post office or customs and returning unclaimed. In the end. I think they just shipped quite a bit later than expected.