closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Prs-29a out of stock.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Possibly what he’s photographed it on already but I’m hoping for the traditional admiralty grey the 29a normally comes with.
    Of course you can wear it on whatever strap you want, and who am I to argue? T'internet is full of Omega WWWs et al on NATOs but I always think that a NATO on a WWII era watch (even a homage) is an anachronism. The NATO wasn't introduced until the 70s.

It's just one of those things that grates on the nerves for a purist (read sad git) like me. Apologies, but I feel better for venting my spleen! 6B/159s were supplied with open-ended leather (usually pigskin) straps.
    Last edited by Geralt; 11th October 2018 at 08:46.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Of course you can wear it on whatever strap you want, and who am I to argue? T'internet is full of Omega WWWs et al on NATOs but I always think that a NATO on a WWII era watch (even a homage) is an anachronism. The NATO wasn't introduced until the 70s.

It's just one of those things that grates on the nerves for a purist (read sad git) like me. Apologies, but I feel better for venting my spleen! 6B/159s were supplied with open-ended leather (usually pigskin) straps.
    Well I’m refreshingly welcoming the information as I think a lot of people wouldn’t know this, I for one . Thanks . It’s quite funny as well to look at the historically inaccurate pictures of them across google . I do think it looks good on the nato personally but find it amusing now how nearly 3 /4 decades out it is .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Well I’m refreshingly welcoming the information as I think a lot of people wouldn’t know this, I for one . Thanks . It’s quite funny as well to look at the historically inaccurate pictures of them across google especially if they are modern boxfresh NATO’s . I do think it looks good on the nato an older looking or grey nato personally but find it amusing now how nearly 3 /4 decades out it is .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post

There must at least have been straps of that type, even if not known as NATOs, as early as 1964:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    There must at least have been straps of that type, even if not known as NATOs, as early as 1964:

I think one piece cotton straps with a cotton keeper were around long before the birth of G10 straps or NATO’s as we know them. Connerys is not dissimilar to a waist band and distinct to what we call a nato (similarities aside). If I’m not mistaken I’ve read here and elsewhere these one piece cotton straps were found on even children’s timepieces back in the 50’s/60’s in various colours .

I was serving in 1967 and Smiths militaries were being issued on NATOs then. I was issued with an Omega in 1972 and that also came on a NATO strap.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I was issued with an Omega in 1972

Eddie
    Still got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Still got it?
    No but I should have "lost" it, I think I would have had to pay £10.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Great!

And we have ended up with 18mm lugs - even better!

A happy man

Ordered my first watch from Eddie (the PRS-29a). I’m a very happy man.

I'm predicting an early closure for TF this week