closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2018.....and Rolex UK have just fitted a new Flat Four bezel insert to an LV for me.

Hybrid View

Blimey, did you know they would return the old bezel at the time ?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    You could try and see if they'll let you know if they fitted a 315-16610-4 or a -14. The -4 has been obsolete for a long time, so if thats the case they had an old one in the back of the parts drawer. Otherwise they've redesigned the -14 without changing the art. no, which is unusual...

The font thing Is probably a consciencous decision rolex made several years ago, as pretty much all bezels went to pointy four's from flat fours. It's just that noone cares about the font on a twotone insert from a 16808, for instance.

Master
    Wonder if they’ll start reproducing period correct dials for those subs with service dials that originally had red writing .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Wonder if they’ll start reproducing period correct dials for those subs with service dials that originally had red writing .
    You can already get red service dials but they are rather hard to get hold of.

I understand it takes a fair amount of persuading and you might have to send it to Rolex Geneva.

There’s a long thread on The Rolex Forum about a chap that managed to persuade them to issue him one recently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
    You can already get red service dials but they are rather hard to get hold of.

I understand it takes a fair amount of persuading and you might have to send it to Rolex Geneva.

There’s a long thread on The Rolex Forum about a chap that managed to persuade them to issue him one recently.
    Such dials are very different from the originals, easily identified and valued very differently.

H

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Such dials are very different from the originals, easily identified and valued very differently.

H
    Yes indeed, but interesting nonetheless I think.

As you said above they usually just fit the latest version of the dial for that reference number and they don’t care much for the interests of collectors so those red 1680 and drsd service dials are unusual.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
    Yes indeed, but interesting nonetheless I think.

As you said above they usually just fit the latest version of the dial for that reference number and they don’t care much for the interests of collectors so those red 1680 and drsd service dials are unusual.
    Oh, indeed. I have a 4m case number 1665 that would have been a DRSD but now has "SWISS" luminova service dial :-)

Came from a significant UK businessman.

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 19th September 2018 at 12:00.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Blimey, did you know they would return the old bezel at the time ?
    On the mil sub? Yes.....or I would have fitted a 15' insert before sending it in

Rolex UK in the "Hudson" era was a very civilised, old-school business. If you were straight and courteous, they would oblige if they could. There are some of that helpful generation still present, but their hands are tied by policy from above.

H