closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TAG Advice please

Journeyman

TAG Advice please

Hi everyone

I’ve not really had any leanings towards TAG watches before but the good lady likes the look of this one, TAG Aquaracer quartz diamond:-

WBD1415.BA0741

Any thoughts on it by the learned ones on here?

Many thanks

If that’s what she wants then that’s what she should get regardless of what a bunch of people on the internet think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    If that’s what she wants then that’s what she should get regardless of what a bunch of people on the internet think.

Absolutely!

My wife has a TAG 2000 which she rarely wears now but it has been a good, reliable watch for the 15 years she has had it. Saving it for our daughter once she’s a little older.

I bought my wife quite a similar model, a ladies Aquaracer with mother of pearl dial WAF 1417. She needed an "easy" watch, so hand wind or even auto was out of question.
    The watch is robust, has been very reliable, and would be easy / cheap to service so I think it makes a great choice.

The only thing I would say is make sure she gets on with the screw down crown, my wife was a bit put off at first!

Journeyman

Whilst I certainly agree with the sentiment. I wondered (without any knowledge) if with TAG you are paying for a well advertised brand name, rather than a quality piece?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

TAG Advice please

Quote Originally Posted by Carnut View Post
    Whilst I certainly agree with the sentiment. I wondered (without any knowledge) if with TAG you are paying for a well advertised brand name, rather than a quality piece?

Of course you are paying for the brand name but the same goes for Omega, Rolex, Breitling, Tudor or any other well known brand.
    Tag Heuer are good quality watches and your wife shouldn’t have any issues with the one she has chosen (or any other of their current range). I think the quality of their watches dropped significantly when Tag first took over the Heuer brand but the modern tags are excellent quality.

Buy what she wants - always. The strange thing with ladies is often what they want in watches is the polar opposite of what we think they SHOULD want. I suggested to SWMBO a Cartier and she instead chose a Ch Ward.

Saved me a lot of £ and to be fair the CW is lovely and more importantly SHE loves it

Master
    Always been impressed by Tag build quality; even their quartz offerings. A lot of snobbery on here about Tag; not sure what the root of it is.

Caveat: Last new Tag I tried on had a badly misaligned bezel - check that carefully.
    Last edited by stefmcd; 31st August 2018 at 10:04.

Master
    My wife also has one. I think they are great. Yes they always do have a negative perception on watch forums, but nothing wrong with them as such. For ladies I think they work really well. Go for it!

I bought my wife this one for a special birthday (can’t say which birthday but she was 39 last year). She loves it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lots of warranty returns. My view is not nearly as well built as the older models. It might be beneficial for your wife to try other brands.

Journeyman
    My wife loves her aqua racer... it is in fact her daily wearer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    I think TAG's quality has gone down, so you are paying a lot about brand if comparing to Omega or Longines for example. But if re-sale value is not an issue go for it if Mrs. wants. Nice watch. My wife has TAG aquaracer (men's size) and its been kicking 12 years now without any issues.

Sadly she wears Michael Kors mostly...

-od

Craftsman
    Hi everyone

I’ve not really had any leanings towards TAG watches before but the good lady likes the look of this one, TAG Aquaracer quartz diamond:-

WBD1415.BA0741

Any thoughts on it by the learned ones on here?

Many thanks
    I believe there is one on sale but I'll confirm with the agent.

Master
    I've got an Aquaracer, Formula 1 and 2000 professional and wouldn't rule out getting others.
    Of course you're paying for the brand.

Craftsman

Spot on, think yourself lucky it's not a Rolex she wants.

Nothing wrong with TAG I would say, although they are probably overpriced. My wife has an old SEL which is over 20 years old and still looks good and runs well (admittedly it has been looked after). More importantly she loves it. I would echo the comment about the screw down crown being fiddly - she always gets me to change the date when necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Women want a well advertised brand name more than anything else.

Women are not interested in 'quality' objectively speaking.

Do not attempt to persuade women to get something other than what they want. They will either refuse or, worse, agree and hold it against you later. Just buy it.

PS I think modern Tag pieces are very well made and have consistently good design, they're leaps and bounds ahead of where they were 10 years ago which was already a huge improvement on the 10 years prior IMO

Journeyman
    Thank you everyone for your comments

Craftsman
    I bought my wife this one for a special birthdamy (can’t say which birthday but she was 39 last year). She loves it.

This watch is on sale for £810 at the agent in Bournemouth worth calling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Newby View Post
    This watch is on sale for £810 at the agent in Bournemouth worth calling them.
    Seriously? That’s a great price. They do a similar one without the diamonds. Maybe that is one on sale?

Monaco and mind a are the tags that work for me

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

No, you're not in my opinion mate. I had a TAG F1, this model:

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/01049...SABEgKk5fD_BwE

It was a solid, well made, highly reliable watch, all the trimmings you'd expect ie 200m WR, AR sapphire crystal, TAG regulated ETA, nice engraving on the case back, brilliant lume. But it was the little touches that were nice too - the bezel action and the crown action were first class, as good as my mates SeaMaster any day. The skeletonised TAG logo on the seconds hand, little details like that, they all mount up. I sold it as I had an opportunity to buy a Tudor, but I would definitely get another one. TAG get a bad rap among certain groups of the watch fraternity, but it's just pure snobbery. If your wife likes it then go for it.

My significant other never takes off her Aqua Racer. It’s been abused in every scenario from a busy kitchen to ocean swimming and it’s still going strong.