closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What do you think of it so far?

Hybrid View

That really does look very special.

Lovely. But may i ask why the day/night quadrant is illuminating midnight to midday, rather than the more usual 6 am to 6pm?
    The counterpoise on the second hand looks a tad large too.....
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Lovely. But may i ask why the day/night quadrant is illuminating midnight to midday, rather than the more usual 6 am to 6pm?
    The counterpoise on the second hand looks a tad large too.....
    Dave
    If it works for Omega, it works for me.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    That looks incredibly smart

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    If it works for Omega, it works for me.

Eddie
    Interesting, fair point. Of course Mk 3 and 4 speedmasters shade the halves like i describe..........

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Interesting, fair point. Of course Mk 3 and 4 speedmasters shade the halves like i describe..........
    It's largely irrelevant. If it was supposed to indicate day/night, it would have to change as the seasons change. In winter it can be dark from 4PM to 9AM whilst in summer it's 10PM to 3AM. As it is, it indicates first half/second half of the day.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Eddie, is there availability date for the PRS-45 Yet please?

(Pre/post Christmas budget planning 👍)

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Eddie, is there availability date for the PRS-45 Yet please?

(Pre/post Christmas budget planning )

Many thanks
    It's looking like it will be delivered around the same time as the 36mm PRS-25. Probably too late for Christmas but ready for the New Year.

Eddie

It'll always be 'The Omlette' to me!

Cracking looking watch, btw!

M

Master
    Yeah - that does look good.

An awful lot of watch for the price

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post

Absolutely agree

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post

Yes its a superb timepiece i thought the renditions and pre-sale pictures were good but on the wrist its fantastic. Lighter than i expected wearing a lot smaller too, the bracelet is my first BOR and so far exceptionally comfortable the clasp which looks to be the same as the Everest one except for the polished center panels is again very functionable having the micro adjustment and i have no issues with it, all chronograph functions are crisp and easy to use and the dial is a delight to look at, the bezel is a stunner the curve of the insert something i wasn't expecting.

Another winner IMHO. And yes an awful lot of watch for the price but exceptional VFM too.

Cheers.

IMG_20190116_150240 by Paul, on Flickr
    Last edited by brummie64; 16th January 2019 at 16:45.

Journeyman
    That looks great, brummie.

I'm going to have to order one.

I was going to pass on the Aerotimer due only to it's being 42mm, and trying to limit my watch purchases with the Speedbird, and the new PRS-3 and Carribean coming out, but it looks so good I really want to give it a try.

I picked up an Alpinist a couple weeks back after wanting one for several years, but much to my surprise I'm not bonding with it. The green and gold are just not working for me. Funny, I always preferred the Alpinist to the SARB033 when I had neither, but once I purchased both...I really, really like the -033 for wear with a suit, and can't find a place for the Alpinist. i want to love it; but, I just don't.

Point of the foregoing being I'll be moving the Alpinist along which should provide additional watch funds for...the Aerotimer,

Funny how these things work out sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluefish View Post
    That looks great, brummie.

I'm going to have to order one.

I was going to pass on the Aerotimer due only to it's being 42mm, and trying to limit my watch purchases with the Speedbird, and the new PRS-3 and Carribean coming out, but it looks so good I really want to give it a try.

I picked up an Alpinist a couple weeks back after wanting one for several years, but much to my surprise I'm not bonding with it. The green and gold are just not working for me. Funny, I always preferred the Alpinist to the SARB033 when I had neither, but once I purchased both...I really, really like the -033 for wear with a suit, and can't find a place for the Alpinist. i want to love it; but, I just don't.

Point of the foregoing being I'll be moving the Alpinist along which should provide additional watch funds for...the Aerotimer,

Funny how these things work out sometimes.
    You are right there BigBluefish.

I was only last week thinking of just limiting my purchases for 2019 to the Everest 36mm white and maybe the G10 when it comes out as i'm still undecided what to move on of my bigger/heavier watches. Until someone in one of the earlier threads commented how it may differ when on the wrist. Thinking back to my Gruppo Gamma Chrononaut that was exactly the same scenario. the only problem now is i'm already eyeing up other models on the drawing board for possible purchase.

Not that i own a suit but the 45 would look good peeking out from under a cuff or two.